Annihilation (2018)

All things Natalie

Re: Annihilation (2018)

Postby Belerofonte » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:40 pm

6 Elements From The 'Annihilation' Trailer That Are Straight From The Book:

https://moviepilot.com/p/elements-from-annihilation-trailer-straight-from-book/4380265
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:22 am

It looks like there was another test screening yesterday, and the impressions are pretty good too...

https://letterboxd.com/film/annihilation/reviews/
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Jennifer Jason Leigh, about the film (and Natalie):

http://collider.com/jennifer-jason-leigh-interview-lbj-twin-peaks-annihilation/#poster

You also have Annihilation, coming out in February 2018. What was it like to work with Alex Garland? Had you been a fan of Ex Machina?

LEIGH: Oh, yeah, I loved Ex Machina. I watched it twice in a row. It was so much fun. I love sci-fi. He was great. He’s a really sweet guy. The script was really surreal. I haven’t seen the finished film, but I’m excited. I loved working with Natalie Portman, and the rest of the cast. Natalie is just so good, so it was exciting to work with her. We were all out in the wilderness. We weren’t that far from Pinewood, but it felt like the jungle. It’s gonna be fun.
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:59 pm

Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:13 am

New trailer soon:

https://www.trailer-track.com/2017/12/05/in-the-pipeline-new-trailer-for-alex-garlands-annihilation-joins-the-december-rush/

Following a chilling teaser trailer from this September, Paramount is about to launch the second full trailer for Alex Garland’s Annihilation – the director’s highly-anticipated follow-up to Ex Machina.

The new piece has been rated today by the Manitoba Film Classification Board and…yeah, we’ll be shocked if it doesn’t drop online in the next week in time for Star Wars: The Jedi. Or if not with that, then surely with Alexander Payne’s Downsizing, which is released December 22. And where art thou, God Particle and Mission: Impossible 6?
Belerofonte

Postby LightsCameraReaction » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Yay!
lightscamerareaction.co.uk
LightsCameraReaction

Postby Belerofonte » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:32 pm

Netflix, Paramount Talking International Deal For Alex Garland-Directed ‘Annihilation’ With Natalie Portman:

http://deadline.com/2017/12/annihilation-netflix-deal-alex-garland-natalie-portman-1202218649/
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:16 pm

Well ... I do not know what to think. So little confidence in the film that they do not want to risk releasing it internationally?

If this is confirmed it is a real shame for those of us who live outside the USA. I wanted to see this in theaters, not in my living room :(
Belerofonte

Postby Away With The Pixies » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:24 pm

I don't understand I thought the test screening reviews were good. I think a movie with so much VFX should be shown on the big screen.
Away With The Pixies

Postby Belerofonte » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:58 am

I sincerely believe that Paramount has liquidated the box office possibilities of this film in the USA. For God´s sake, it will be online three weeks later everywhere! Not to mention that we are probably going to see a very limited P&A.

I doubt even that they premiere it in these conditions at the Berlinale :|

Paramount must be in a very delicate situation, after the disastrous premieres of Mother and Suburbicon, to have made this decision.

It´s a very sad situation. I really wanted to see this film in theaters :(

Well ... at least we will see a new trailer in the next few days:

https://www.alberta.ca/recently-rated-trailers.aspx

Annihilation (trailer #2) 14A Dec 06, 2017 2:24 Paramount
Last edited by Belerofonte on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belerofonte

Postby LightsCameraReaction » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:36 am

Netflix?! nooo
lightscamerareaction.co.uk
LightsCameraReaction

Postby Belerofonte » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Well ... we have an explanation of what happened:

'Annihilation': How a Clash Between Producers Led to a Netflix Deal (Exclusive).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/annihilation-how-a-clash-between-producers-led-a-netflix-deal-1065465

The movie, which wrapped shooting July 2016, had a poor test screening this summer that sources say was the root of the conflict. After the screening, Ellison became concerned that the movie was “too intellectual” and “too complicated” and wanted changes made to make it appeal to a wider audience. They included making Portman’s character more sympathetic as well as tweaking the ending.

Rudin, who executive produced Machina, sided with Garland, defending the movie and refused to take notes. Rudin was able to hold his line, according to a source, because he has final cut.

Things got testier from there, with Paramount caught in the middle. The studio ultimately decided that finding another distributor, preferably a streamer, could salvage the situation.

With Ellison not wanting to lose money after the poor performances of Geostorm, the billionaire producer is seeking to avoid a worldwide release and hopes that a digital release may be a better fit. The deal calls for Netflix to cover a good chunk of the production budget, which is in the $55 million range.

It’s also a win for Paramount, which limits its exposure in a deal made by a previous regime.

Studios making a distribution deal with Netflix may be coming more commonplace and replacing old rivalries. Earlier this year, New Line made a deal with the streamer to co-finance and take certain rights to its reboot of Shaft which will star Jessie T. Usher and Samuel L. Jackson.
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Belerofonte

Postby thevoid99 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Netflix fucking sucks.

It's just a bunch of exclusivity bullshit that often tampers with the work of filmmakers and never puts films of their out in theaters to a wide audience as a choice.
"I wanna be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal from "Secretary"
thevoid99

Postby Belerofonte » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:33 pm

The problem with Netflix is ​​that, unlike its original series, it forgets its films with extreme rapidity. As soon as a few days pass, the promotion ends and they move on to something else. At least Amazon usually arranges limited releases of their movies.

I find it especially serious that the film will not be released in theatres in the UK, where it has been shot. It's pretty sad, really ...
Belerofonte

PreviousNext

Return to Natalie Portman