Thor Discussion Thread

All things Natalie

Thor Discussion Thread

Postby Garcy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:12 am

(The news thread is getting clunky).

In joining "Thor", Portman is set to portray Jane Foster, who was a nurse and first love of the titular character in the Marvel Comics. The Academy Award-nominated actress is expected to present Foster in this movie as being a doctor-scientist type. To be under the direction of helmer Kenneth Branagh, she will share screen with actors Chris Hemsworth, who'll play Thor, and Tom Hiddleston, who will be seen as Thor's nemesis.

About her character, producer Kevin Feige shared, "(Jane) is the human lead, so to speak, who helps ground the film in reality. We spend a lot of time amongst the other realms of the Nine Worlds of the Thor mythology and our human anchor to that." He added, "We wanted to avoid that syndrome of just because the hair is up and they're wearing glasses it means they're smart. .. We wanted somebody that can have the chemistry that the best of our Marvel couples have had, whether it's Tobey (Maguire) and Kirsten (Dunst) or Tony (Stark) and Pepper (Potts)."

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00025664.html
Garcy

Postby JenR » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:38 am

it would be nice to see nat ina comic book (action role) movie.

but i would want her to be in SinCity. as a royal badass, not this sexy yet safe role shes been doing.
JenR

Postby nattiep » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:00 am

One word comes to mind with her being in a half assed hero movie: "Laaame".
nattiep

Postby JenR » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:05 am

seems all her movies are lame to me these days. i get aggravated about it too bcuz shes better than roles shes picking.
JenR

Postby V4V » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:16 am

For me.....any Nat is better than no Nat.

But personally, I would've loved to see her play a villian (or at least an anti-hero) instead.
V4V

Postby Misty » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:26 am

nattiep wrote:One word comes to mind with her being in a half assed hero movie: "Laaame".

+1.
I used to be sceptical about the hero movies. I think that this role will be a waste of time for Nat.
Misty

natalie portman in thor?

Postby Carlito Brigante » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:57 pm

natalie portman and captain kirk in a thor movie directed by kenneth branagh and scheduled for summer release. that's as weird as it's going to get.
i like it.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Spoonbat » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 am

Well you may be the only one so far.

The move really pissed off some people on this board. Frankly I'm indifferent at this point.

I say she needs to do whatever she can and make her money and then produce her own arthouse flicks when she gets older.

That's what I would do if I was her.
Spoonbat

Postby anqxxx » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:45 am

V4V wrote:For me.....any Nat is better than no Nat.

But personally, I would've loved to see her play a villian (or at least an anti-hero) instead.

Me too! Harley Quinn,Catwoman,SinCity girls etc etc
anqxxx

Re: natalie portman in thor?

Postby aussietrooper20 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:51 am

Carlito Brigante wrote:natalie portman and captain kirk in a thor movie directed by kenneth branagh and scheduled for summer release. that's as weird as it's going to get.
i like it.

Um, it's the one who played Kirk's father who got the role.
aussietrooper20

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:42 am

Holy shit, Clone is out of his box. That only took 2 1/2 years.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby maverick88 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Extreme Allah wrote:Holy shit, Clone is out of his box. That only took 2 1/2 years.

:shock: :shock: Probably a sign that the apocalypse is near.

I think I'll just have to wait until I see Thor. At first I was skeptical about the recent wave of superhero movies but some of them are actually good.
"If it's Sunday, it's Meet The Press" - Tim Russert
maverick88

Re: natalie portman in thor?

Postby Carlito Brigante » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:08 pm

aussietrooper20 wrote:
Carlito Brigante wrote:natalie portman and captain kirk in a thor movie directed by kenneth branagh and scheduled for summer release. that's as weird as it's going to get.
i like it.

Um, it's the one who played Kirk's father who got the role.

he got promoted to captain.

but i don't know. i think there's a misconception about thor being just a guy with a cheesy helmet. the modern reimagining of the character actually makes it one of the most interesting comic book stories around right now. having a guy like kenneth branagh giving it a shakesperean approach it's in my opinion a pitch perfect concept and big budget hollywood experiment.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Dazza » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:27 pm

I really disagree with that. Both in far as her pull (whether you believe its just or not) and as far as the longevity of her career. I think there's plenty of work still to come and probably the best work/films.

*edit* LOL, where the hell is the Spoonbat post I was replying to?
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Spoonbat » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:24 pm

I was trying to edit it and accidentally hit the delete button. My stupid.

When it said "are you sure you want to delete" for some reason I thought it meant the edit. I'm stuck in 1st gear today. :)

I suppose you're right though in a way. We never do know what the future will hold.

Let's hope for the best. :)
Spoonbat

Next

Return to Natalie Portman