Thor Discussion Thread

All things Natalie

Re: Thor Discussion Thread

Postby Belerofonte » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:18 pm

Chris Hemsworth in a SNL sketch yesterday. If the final part (3:14m) corresponds to reality, look bad for the character of Jane...

Belerofonte

Postby awiseone » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:41 pm

I saw the show and felt it was just a very silly skit.
awiseone

Postby LightsCameraReaction » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:04 pm

Lol I have no idea.
He denies it at the end of this interview, but we'll have to wait and see.

lightscamerareaction.co.uk
LightsCameraReaction

Postby Belerofonte » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:51 pm

Well, I don´t think Marvel leave Hemsworth say something like that lightly in a sketch without being true. I think it is a clear confirmation of the rumors a few months ago.

Hopefully this is just a plot trick to get the character out in this particular film. Natalie's work in Marvel films not been very prominent to say, but it would be really sad for the character (and for Natalie) leave the Thor franchise In this way, without one last apparition. Their love story was one of the central themes of previous films, and end so abruptly would botched...
Last edited by Belerofonte on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belerofonte

Postby LightsCameraReaction » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:55 pm

Belerofonte wrote:Well, I don´t think Marvel leave Hemsworth say something like that lightly in a sketch without being true. I think it is a clear confirmation of the rumors a few months ago.

Hopefully this is just a plot trick to get the character out in this particular film. Natalie's work in Marvel films has not been very prominent to say, but it would be really sad for the character (and for Natalie) leave the Thor franchise In this way, without one last apparition. Their love story was one of the central themes of previous films, and end so abruptly would botched...

Totally agree.
What's worse is how the general consensus is how Natalie apparently hated doing the Thor films, which has been totally exaggerated all because she was a little upset Patty Jenkins didn't do it. She got over it and did her job, and yet people seem to think she wants out so badly. I honestly think all of that is bull. And besides, it's a nice paycheck!
LightsCameraReaction

Postby Belerofonte » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:36 pm

That's the point. Leave the franchise in this way would be to put wind in the sails of the rumors (and the haters) emerged in the last two years, and that's not a good thing at all...
Belerofonte

Postby awiseone » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:55 am

I think you are over analyzing this ...it was a funny bit...he said something about Loki too...and what about his Empire skit...which was so hilarious. Pure parody all of it.
awiseone

Postby Belerofonte » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:36 pm

I really hope it's as you say ... :)
Belerofonte

Postby LightsCameraReaction » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:34 am

Not really Natalie news, but wasn't Branagh the main reason Natalie signed onto Thor in the first place?

Kenneth Branagh on Thor franchise return: "Never say never" -
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a638981/kenneth-branagh-on-thor-franchise-return-never-say-never.html

In a recent interview with Den of Geek, Branagh was quizzed on if he would consider directing a future Thor movie.

"I have seen more of the movies, and as I've said before, I had a good time there," he explained. "It was a really sort of pivotal moment to me doing Thor, and I like them. I like [producer] Kevin [Feige] very much. You know, you never say never."

He continued: "I think I couldn't begin to speak for the complications of their interweaving of this ever-expanding universe, which is totally fascinating to behold. But I think they're masters of their own destiny.

"They know what they want, and we all got on terribly well. So I'm sure if they felt there was a spot for me somewhere in there they'd give me a shout.

"And of course I'd listen, but it's not something I'm actively seeking or looking for, although I am actively enjoying and seeking out the movies every time they come out. So I'm definitely a fan of the world."
LightsCameraReaction

Postby LightsCameraReaction » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:42 pm

List of spoilers revealed in the Avengers: Age of Ultron junior novel - http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/avengers_age_of_ultron/news/?a=118282

Tony and Pepper are still a couple, as are Thor and Jane.
LightsCameraReaction

Postby Belerofonte » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Thank goodness ...

There is still hope :lol:

Now we just need Branagh directs Ragnarok, and all my wishes will be fulfilled...
Belerofonte

Postby Dazza » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Belerofonte wrote:Thank goodness ...

There is still hope :lol:

Now we just need Branagh directs Ragnarok, and all my wishes will be fulfilled...

Did you love the first Thor that much?
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Belerofonte » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:08 pm

Well ... I would not say much, but I think the first movie has much more charm and sense of wonder than TDW, even being so irregular as it was. All terrestrial part was very loose, but he established Thor's world very fine (and it was not easy, but now it seems the opposite). The performances of Hopkins and Hiddleston were really heartfelt, quite the opposite in the sequel. This one was much more spectacular and entertaining, but lacked ... feeling. In my opinion, the third movie should get the best of both, and I think Branagh knows how to properly address the issue of Ragnarok and sibling rivalry. Also, with the success of Cinderella, he could have "carte blanche" in Disney; I don't know with Marvel and its predilection for docile and functional directors... but that's another topic :)
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:50 pm

The embargo is over, and first reviews of AoU are appearing:

http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/avengers-age-of-ultron-review/5086407.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

"There are so many moving parts in Ultron, actually, that it’s almost a relief that two prominent actresses from standalone Marvel franchises, Natalie Portman and Gwyneth Paltrow, don’t put in an appearance, their characters’ odd absence explained away by a subpar joke."
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:51 pm

Possible dialogue about Jane and Pepper in AOU?

Spoilers, obviously...

http://iputabirdonmyhead.tumblr.com/post/116299600343/where-are-the-ladies-gentlemen
Belerofonte

PreviousNext

Return to Natalie Portman