Thor Discussion Thread

All things Natalie

Re: Thor Discussion Thread

Postby Kitten » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:26 am

Last edited by Kitten on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies
Kitten

Postby Kitten » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:28 am

Rachel wrote:That lace front looks even worse in HD. How low was the hair budget? Did they steal it from the GoT set? They couldn't have just given her a rinse? I have so many questions.

the guys that made the wigs are very proud of their work

Gems Y Dillon ‏@gems4 8h
#ThorDarkWorld #NataliePortman wearing our stunning wig; you'd never guess it wasn't her own! #beaming pic.twitter.com/5oS5jgdzHZ
Kitten

Postby Kitten » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:30 pm

fuller version of the 1st pic above

Kitten

Postby Rachel » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Kitten wrote:the guys that made the wigs are very proud of their work

Gems Y Dillon ‏@gems4 8h
#ThorDarkWorld #NataliePortman wearing our stunning wig; you'd never guess it wasn't her own! #beaming pic.twitter.com/5oS5jgdzHZ

idk if you get bragging rights when people on gossip blogs/forums are responding to grainy set photos with "um is she wearing a wig?" and "wtf is up with Natalie Portman's hair?" nearly a year before the movie is out. Looks about as bad as Britney's weave.
Rachel

Postby Kitten » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:36 pm

yeah it just made me giggle how they said you cant tell it was a wig, and you totally can :lol:
Kitten

Postby Rachel » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:55 pm

A few more here. Spoilers, probably.
Rachel

Postby fanatical610 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Just got back from Thor and what can I say, I enjoyed a lot, a lot, a lot. And believe me I wasn't expecting to but it was just so much fun. A great ensemble performance by the cast. Boy was it good to see Natalie on screen again. I really enjoyed Jane much more than I did in the first film and a really solid performance from Natalie. I might go for seconds if I get some time in the coming week :D
"When you get older, you realize it's a lot less about your place in the world but your place in you. It's not how everyone views you, but how you view yourself" - wise words from NP
fanatical610

Postby Belerofonte » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:22 am

The film was released in Spain this weekend, and I could finally see it. Here's my review (without Spoilers):

Entertaining ... but very, very irregular; impersonal at times, exciting in others. Devoid of the innocence of the first movie, but much more spectacular.

Ironically, my biggest objetion does not come with the much criticized sense of humor that has the film (which works pretty well, except a couple of times in the final climax), but in many situations and characters that does not draw enough match. For example, the motivations of the villain, or situations that promise epic battles but ultimately not so.

But one thing that really works in the film, and it really is worth viewing, is full central part in Asgard. This one is exciting, dramatic and tragic ...

There is something in the hasty structure of the film does not work. It's like you're watching a movie summary of longer and better feature, which only get glimpse fragments. It is a complete guess on my part, but I think the film has been clearly re-edited. There are many shoots that have been seen in the trailers that do not appear in the film, and the resolution of some sequences, like the fight in Vanaheim, or the final climax are clear proof of that.

As for the actors, they are all very correct (including Natalie), but special mention for Hemsworth and Hiddleston, who rules his character perfectly. That if I have noticed a general interpretative coldness (and is a credit to recognize Branagh for and against those who cried at the time of the impersonality of its realization in the first film). The dialogues are sometimes recited with slow parsimony, and it shows in many instances ...

... but I think I'm being too hard on the movie, because in essence, and that is undeniable, bears much of what it promises: entertainment, great action scenes, and moments for unredeemed Marvelitas like me are appreciated. The staging is elegant and leaves look ambitious production design and very carefully, and I guess will be key in future viewings enjoyment ...

In short, a worthy entertainment, which however lacks a boil in the script and character development to be truly inspiring. Anyway, it's fun and spectacular, and Natalie has more dramatic weight than the first movie. it is wonderful to see her again after two years of hiatus. also she is absolutly beautiful in it :)

Last edited by Belerofonte on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Belerofonte

Postby Kitten » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:40 am

New tv spot
Kitten

Postby Dazza » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks for the impressions. Wonder when I'm going to be able to find time to see it.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby LightsCameraReaction » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:27 pm

http://lightscamerareaction.co.uk/movies/thor-the-dark-world-review/ - My review.
I gave it a B-

Here is what I said about Natalie.

Thor: The Dark World promised a lot of things, and to an extent it delivers them. There’s a lot going on in this film, and it just manages to find the right balance without going overboard. Characters such as Idris Elba’s Heimdall, Kat Dennings’ Darcy and Natalie Portman’s Jane are given more to do this time around. One of my main issues from the first film was the relationship between Thor and Jane. Are we meant to believe that they fell in love after two days? Luckily, the warm chemistry between the actors from the first film works here and we get to see them connect more.

Natalie Portman is given a lot more to do here, thrown right into the action. Portman shines in the first and last act in a role that could have been a fainting damsel in distress, despite looking a little bored in the middle.
lightscamerareaction.co.uk
LightsCameraReaction

Postby fanatical610 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Great interview with Natalie

http://news.moviefone.com/2013/11/04/natalie-portman-thor-tom-hiddleston-marvel/

Some interesting nuggets. Have to to say this Thor tour has been great. Glad to have her back :D
"When you get older, you realize it's a lot less about your place in the world but your place in you. It's not how everyone views you, but how you view yourself" - wise words from NP
fanatical610

Postby crazzeematt » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:43 am

I'm a little surprised that Natalie didn't attend the U.S. premiere, does anyone know why?
crazzeematt

Postby edenLiao » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:26 am

crazzeematt wrote:I'm a little surprised that Natalie didn't attend the U.S. premiere, does anyone know why?

wondering why, too! I woke up early in Taiwan, watched the whole premiere just wanna see Natalie. so sad. :(
edenLiao

Postby Kitten » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:45 am

Wonder if she was ill, cant see why else she would miss it, with it being in LA. wonder if anyone asked at the premiere why Natalie wasn't there. Am working early today so couldn't stay up for the premiere, just as well I was since she didnt go. :(
Kitten

PreviousNext

Return to Natalie Portman