Just unconditional support for the target of the week

All things Natalie

Just unconditional support for the target of the week

Postby revenant13 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Felt compelled to go through all the necessary effort to become a member here for no other reason than to say your lack of affectation and apparent genuine nature are a pleasant change and such a nice contrast to those that seem to be targeting you from either side of the political spectrum. I hope you just keep doing what feels right for you, that you keep talking about it and sharing your experiences, and most importantly that you continue to follow your muse. I don't keep up much with actors, but have enjoyed the range of parts and obvious gift/talents/commitment/effort you seem to bring to each. I join you in your "glorification" of unmarried pregnancy since you are obviously in a position to care for and raise a child and you obviously want to. When I think about all the children born into unhealthy marriages between desperate people, all I can muster up as a reply for politicians of the "I speak for the Mind of God" runs something along the lines of "How dare you?", even though I know the answer to that...and for those who take a random comment, occurring in a moment of what must have been incredible excitement, about the nature of your feelings for your co-parent/partner and apparently credit you with a world view based on this...jeez, love you guys, really, but why are you taking potshots at someone who's pregnant, in love, having a really incredible moment, and in the grand scheme of things illustrates almost perfectly the kind of woman who will make the kind of parent we all wish we were or wish we had; role model, emotional nurturer, equal partner, outstanding provider and a producer of art both amazing and amusing...really, if I thought any of you(Mr. Huckabee) were capable of feeling shame about the drivel you drool out to pander to the lowest common denominator of your "constituency", I'd go for it and try to take you there. You have no right to criticize and you especially have no right to try and put words into the mouth or agendas in the heart of any young mother, you could never fill the role yourself. So please do us all a favor and try to restrain yourself from offering up yet more excuses for people who feel poorly about themselves and their own lives to not do anything to help themselves and instead distracting them with someone to blame for how they feel. Our system of politics offers you a chance to challenge people to rise up rather than wallow, don't you think you should go for that rather than encouraging more division? Love you, NP, in that unconditional, universal and totally appropriate to any conceivable relationship including distant admiring stranger kinda way, and I wish you every happiness!!
revenant13

Postby Lars » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:55 pm

wall of text :shock:
Lars

Postby Airnab » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:45 am

Is this really being talked about that much? Mostly everyone by now should know Mike Huckabee is an idiot.
Airnab

Postby Rachel » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:38 am

Yeah, I'm not sure if there needs to be two separate threads dedicated to this one "controversy."
Rachel

Postby spaceage » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:26 am

It hurts my eyes to read that wall of text. :( And what controversy, Rachel??
spaceage

Postby Carlotto » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:44 am

I think that’s why she put quotes; there’s no controversy, only one conservative moron who’s still stuck to the eighteenth century.

The kid is going to be loved and have money beyond what should be allowed; he won’t be needy.
Carlotto

Building the wall...

Postby revenant13 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Sorry guys, didn't realize my contribution would actually start a whole additional thread...apparently slow-talking translates into long-writing :oops:
revenant13

Postby spaceage » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:35 pm

It's okay, revenant. You're an excellent writer.
spaceage

Postby revenant13 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Thanks SpaceAge...not my normal style of venue, appreciate the kindness.
revenant13

Postby Dazza » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Write as much as you want. Just break it up a bit with some paragraphs next time. Makes it a lot easier to read.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby revenant13 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks Dazza, I will do that. Seems like there are different rules depending on the venue, but I actually have great love for the language and it's structure in the form in which I used to write letters. I miss fountain pens and good stationary...but I guess I like trees and oxygen more, so I keep the whining to myself...mostly.
revenant13

Postby buttsie » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:13 am

Walls of text tend to also scream TROLL unfortunately

I'd suggest posting a few pictures in between the paragraphs to give the words more meaning...if their related all the better but thats not always necessary

I'm sure theres some online data that says text with a picture or 2 actually gets read as opposed to just text & links

"You live an learn"

Quoted direct from Mike Huckabees sub-conscious
President of Fox News
President of USA
buttsie

Postby revenant13 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:02 am

:lol: Love the quote...not sure about troll reference, fishing or creepy old dude?
revenant13

Return to Natalie Portman