Moldovan roots of Natalie Portman

All things Natalie

Moldovan roots of Natalie Portman

Postby clash78 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:07 pm

it is a well-known fact in moldova/russia, among the jewish disapora in israel and us, that natalie's parents (but not only grandmother) emigrated from kishinev/chisinau, capital of moldova to israel in 1978. it was a first wave of jewish immigration from the soviet union. her father worked as a doctor and mother was involved in some activities in the theater of opera and ballet in kishinev (she studied in school 30 in kishinev).
here is one of the articles (in romanian) about it: http://www.vipmagazin.md/profil/Natalie ... sarabene_/
i am wondering why does natalie hide this information from the general public, everyone in moldova try to understand it. perhaps moldova is not the best place in the world, but it is not the worst one:).
many famous people have russian/soviet roots, such as spilberg, mila kunis, mila jovovich, etc, but they do not hide it and it does not harm their cariers.
why does natalie says that her mother was born somewhere in a village in use and father was born in israel...perhaps it was a decision of her agent, because the story sounds better:), but we know that her roots are in moldova:)
i suppose natalie should speak some russian too, as russian language is very spread among former soviet union diaspora in israel.
any ideas about it?
clash78

Postby Carlotto » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:34 pm

lol I don’t think her agent told her to lie about where her family comes from xD

And she doesn’t speak russian. She speaks fluent english and hebrew and has learnt a little bit of french, arabic and japanese.
Carlotto

Postby clash78 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:43 pm

yes,but her parents come from moldova,why does she need to hide this fact? she must speak at least a little russian, because all jews who emigrated from moldova or other post-soviet republics (as some of my friends, relatives etc) speak russian, with their born-in-israel children too.
it is true, even if this information is not on official pages, as as well as her parents who left moldova in 1978.
perhaps once natalie will agree to talk about her moldova or bessarabian roots:)))
ps there is nothing against natalie in this message, just clarification of facts:)))) everyone in small moldova consider her oscar victory as their own!
clash78

Postby Dazza » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:38 pm

I don't think she's hiding it, it just happens to be a topic that is not really brought up in Natalie's public life.
Dazza
Site Admin

Re: Moldovan roots of Natalie Portman

Postby susuki5678 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:48 am

really brought up in Natalie's public life.
golden slot
susuki5678

Return to Natalie Portman