Planetarium (2016)

All things Natalie

Re: Planetarium (2016)

Postby thevoid99 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:02 pm

Hey, don't be sad it's not coming to Cannes. Besides, new Jodorowsky will be at Cannes as part of the Director's Fortnight!!!!

"I wanna be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal from "Secretary"
thevoid99

Postby Dazza » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:05 pm

There was some kind of screening of Planetarium in Paris today. Have a friend who was there for another screening and had to return to the screening room because they forgot something in there. And Planetarium was on the screen. People who want Natalie to speak French are gonna be pissed cos in the clip I saw she's speaking English :lol:
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Snarl » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:36 pm

It would be unprofessional of her to reveal that her "fluent" French sucks. Guess she's satisfied with sucking during a French kiss. :P
There's only one thing eternal: change.
Snarl

Postby Belerofonte » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Dazza wrote:There was some kind of screening of Planetarium in Paris today. Have a friend who was there for another screening and had to return to the screening room because they forgot something in there. And Planetarium was on the screen. People who want Natalie to speak French are gonna be pissed cos in the clip I saw she's speaking English :lol:

During her visit to Beijing festival, she said in an interview that two thirds of the film were spoken in French, and the remaining part in English. Also, considering that she plays an American, I think the accent when she speaks French will be fully justified...

News about the soundtrack:

Rob Scoring Rebecca Zlotowski’s ‘Planetarium’

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2016/06/06/rob-scoring-rebecca-zlotowskis-planetarium/

Rob (aka Robin Coudert) has recently recorded his score for the upcoming drama Planetarium. The film is directed by Rebecca Zlotowski (Grand Central) and stars Natalie Portman and Lily Rose Depp.

Rob’s upcoming projects also include the horror thriller Amityville: The Awakening starring Jennifer Jason Leigh & Bella Thorne. He also recently scored the French drama Down by Love, which is currently awaiting domestic distribution. The composer’s previous credits include such features as Maniac, Horns and Populaire.
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:05 pm

The French release was moved from October 26 to November 16:

http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=237830.html

Hopefully we will see the film in Venice or Toronto...
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:27 am

Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:56 pm

The film had a screening this weekend at the Grand Prix Cinema Elle (as Nina said). it has not disclosed any official review...

http://www.elle.fr/Loisirs/Cinema/News/Week-end-Grand-Prix-Cinema-ELLE-3121420
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:32 am

Well ... the first impressions of the film (after its screening at the Grand Prix Cinema Elle a week ago) ... and are not very good :|

http://www.delacritiquehysterique.com/planetarium-de-rebecca-zlotowski-grand-prix-cinema-elle-paris-gaumont-convention-2eme-jour-critique

Google Translation...

This is the story of Andre Korben, French filmmaker of Polish Jewish origin (this is important, compared to the time), who met in a tavern two sisters (Natalie Portman and Lily-Rose Melody Depp) who form of spiritualism. As we are in the 20s and the French film industry is medium, it wants a dust production that innovates more unlike the US (inside subliminal message?) By exploiting the special gifts of frangines in a movie. Except that what he wants is not to resort to special effects but successfully print the phenomenon on film ...

The principle of métacinéma and declaration of love to cinema can be exciting in a Scorsese and his tribute to Méliès and many others who have tried to exercise (but frankly, the name dropping, it pisses me off especially when I'm not the ref, and I do not pretend) ... and it is also the most exciting parts of this film.

But, sleep and cognitive overload helping (it is a small one kind or is not) the rest is still quite messy and even rather boring.
So that one comes to mentally make the people to furnish (take a Southern accent ... or Cagole Pine Oyster, your choice):

Rhooolala is crazy like Lily-Rose Melody Depp looks like both his father and his mother would say ... And Natalie Portman to stop playing like her pub for perfume ... But no kidding, one might even say it has intonations of Chantal Lauby into parody Loulou ... and it is useless to make crates outside shooting scenes No ... but there was a direction of actor? ... Because i do not mind the Roaring twenties, the surjeu, all that stuff, but in real life, people, they were not normal? ... it's true that even time, Portman is also Padmé and her sob rotten in SW3 which is largely that of Claire Danes in Romeo + JULIET and death Cotillard in BATMAN together ... well, it is Louis Garrel! ... he decided to set in regular in the films of the selection? ...

In short, a nice film, with beautiful costumes, beautiful ideas of the era film reenactments but the issues it is difficult to truly identify (the obsession of Andre that prevents him from understanding the running of the Gift story ...!), to empathize with the characters. A film that does not leave a lasting memory.
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:14 am

Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:19 am

...and photos together. note the cut ... but hey :)

Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:56 am

By the way, the early review that appeared last week has been deleted. Probably none of the attendees had permission to publish anything yet .... and understandably, it would have been ridiculous to have film reviews four months before of official release, even more if the distributor wants premiere it in any of the fall festivals...
Belerofonte

Postby edenLiao » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:24 pm

OFFICIAL! IT'S GOING TO TIFF!
edenLiao

Postby Belerofonte » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Yeah ... I also just saw it. Let's see if we get any trailer or official poster today :)
Belerofonte

Postby edenLiao » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:12 pm

I watched the whole press conference. they showed some trailers but without Planetarium. let's keep waiting!
also I screen-shot this, the quality is kinda better than the one we've already have.
edenLiao

Postby Belerofonte » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Thanks Eden :)

The festival website is now operational...

http://tiff.net/films/planetarium/

Image Image Image Image
Belerofonte

PreviousNext

Return to Natalie Portman