YouTube link:

Belerofonte

Re: Vox Lux (2018)

Postby Jason123 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:57 pm

Come on man !!!!, im trying , unlike most other people who visit this site
Jason123

Postby Schissler » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:30 am

This teaser looks very interesting, even though I can't really tell what's going on in there. The name of it is also interesting.
Schissler

Postby Belerofonte » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:08 pm

It seems that Natalie does sing in the film

Andrew Lauren & DJ Gugenheim On Natalie Portman In ‘Vox Lux’, ‘High Life’ & Their ‘Shrooming’ Movie With Channing Tatum:

https://deadline.com/2018/08/andrew-lauren-dj-gugenheim-on-natalie-portman-in-vox-lux-high-life-their-shrooming-movie-with-channing-tatum-1202454963/

Sia and Scott Walker are behind the film’s score. Does Natalie sing in the movie or is she lip-syncing?

DJ: It’s all Natalie singing and dancing. No CGI or sync. She was great at both. You have a haunting juxtaposition of pop and contemporary classical sound in the music. Natalie was a natural. It was effortless as soon as she got on stage. Her dancing was the same. The finale is very ambitious and it took a lot of work.
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:23 pm

Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:56 am

Interview with Brady Corbet:

https://www.screendaily.com/features/venice-qanda-brady-corbet-talks-natalie-portman-pop-star-drama-vox-lux/5132041.article

Two remarkable things: the film has been shot in 35mm and not in 65mm, as was said at the beginning (probably due to budget problems), and it seems that the initial scene (the shooting) is going to be really shocking:

The opening of your film is particularly brutal, and filmed in an uncompromising way, why did you want to put your audience in that place from the start?

I considered starting the film with the ambulances after the shooting, but it was too evasive. You need to understand where this character comes from, what makes her who she is. I tried to deal with the shooting as quickly and as frankly as I could. It’s not particularly violent, if you break it down. This film’s themes are worn on its sleeve.

Vox Lux has an unusual structure, with clear beginning and end chapters, but no real middle, why did you make it that way?

I’m always looking for the best way to get to the point, and to be progressive. I thought it would be interesting to have a narrative that pushes and pulls you along – in the first half you are discovering the character, in the second half you learn things about the middle. I think it’s a more exhilarating way to discover the detail of the character and her life experience.

You shot Vox Lux on 35mm, why’s that important to you?

It’s as difficult as it’s ever been to shoot on film. Originally it was going to be shot on 65mm, but there were a million reasons that ultimately didn’t happen. It’s a small miracle that we were able to shoot on 35mm. There isn’t the infrastructure for it that there was even five years ago. Kodak has a new lab in New York, that made things easier.
Belerofonte

Postby cherryvanilla » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:34 am

The most surprising thing of the Venice arrival photos is that she’s wearing a 20year old trenchcoat!
Who else recognized it? :D
cherryvanilla

Postby Jason123 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:28 am

HI Cherry, I cant say I spotted it. You have to tell me how you spotted that ???, At what occasion did she wear it 20 years ago. Its possible, I have some 20 year old coats I still wear, but then again Im not Natalie Portman ( not the last time I looked anyway ).
On a separate but connected note, Thanks for posting an open question to the site. Its great to see some interaction , engagement between members. All it takes is ending your posting with a question sometimes ( Tell me what you think guys or do you disagree etc ) I dont blame Belerofonte , hes doing an amazing job but his English is shit and he needs support
Jason123

Postby LightsCameraReaction » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:41 am

Jason123 wrote:HI Cherry, I cant say I spotted it. You have to tell me how you spotted that ???, At what occasion did she wear it 20 years ago. Its possible, I have some 20 year old coats I still wear, but then again Im not Natalie Portman ( not the last time I looked anyway ).
On a separate but connected note, Thanks for posting an open question to the site. Its great to see some interaction , engagement between members. All it takes is ending your posting with a question sometimes ( Tell me what you think guys or do you disagree etc ) I dont blame Belerofonte , hes doing an amazing job but his English is shit and he needs support

Rude.
lightscamerareaction.co.uk
LightsCameraReaction

Postby Belerofonte » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:06 am

Jason123 wrote:I dont blame Belerofonte , hes doing an amazing job but his English is shit and he needs support

Are you suggesting that you don´t understand my "perfect" English? :D

Now seriously. Obviously, I am Spanish and my English proficiency is limited ... but this is what there is. Most of us who have the site (and the forum) now are busy people. I work a lot of hours and most of the time I have to post from work, in the few pauses I usually have.

Es lo que hay, chicos... si esta sería una página en castellano otro gallo os cantaría :D

On the other hand, I hope more people will be encouraged to post like you. The forum is pretty dead. Sometimes I get embarrassed to be the only one who continues to streamline the threads. Feel free to post what you want ... otherwise Russian spammers will eat us, literally :lol:

Un saludo a todos los hispano hablantes del foro, por cierto :wink:
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:12 am

By the way, tomorrow is going to be an intense day. I think the movie is going to have a divisive reception, but I hope that, at least, we have a great Natalie´s perfomance :wink:
Belerofonte

Postby Jason123 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:16 am

YES!!! A RESPONSE ?, WE'RE INTERACTING. SOCIAL MEDIA NOT POSTING.
I apologies if my comment seemed rude, I LOVE Belerofonte ( in a good way ) and his English is better than my Spanish, But i think he admits himself it limits him and he has said his English isnt great.

I just think it would be a good thing if we interacted a little and gave views a bit more on Natalie or Movies. I just think it would add a nice dimension. I've tried in the past but no one ever replies, I know its not going to happen ( just like i know you are not going to reply to this message ) It will remain a posting site , I just cant help trying.

Best Wishes and I love Belerofonte x
( but sorry not as much as I love Natalie )

PS; Looking forward to September like its Xmas
Jason123

PreviousNext

Return to Natalie Portman