9%
Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
44%
Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
6%

Total votes : 34

Re: Star Wars

Postby Belerofonte » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:01 pm

Carlito Brigante wrote:The prequel movies will stand the test of time. Are they going to be classics? Not really. But the real fans will always appreciate the effort.

This.

I've never understood the level of hatred that have accumulated the prequels last ten years (especially between the US media). They are far from perfect, but excellent entertainment and the most important thing is that, although they belong to the same universe as the original trilogy, had a different approach. Wrong? maybe for some people (not for me, of course), but new, both visually and narratively.

I fear that Disney, with this new film series, will play it safe and try to do a continuous remembrance of what we have seen. "Hey, look: Han Solo!, the Millennium Falcon!!, X-wings, Tie-fighters..."; a character who falls in a desert and desolate planet, a heroine in search of her way, a new and renewed Starkiller ... it seems an Episode IV remake. Hopefully it all comes from the hand of a good story. Anyway, I recommend reducing the hype, because then come the disappointments :lol:

That said, I will be the first in line to see it :)
Belerofonte

Postby Rachel » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Carlito Brigante wrote:The prequel movies will stand the test of time.

IMO, take away the Star Wars name and they fare even worse as standalone films. Poorly written, poorly directed, poorly acted, and worst of all joyless and boring. The original series isn't cinematic gold or anything, but at least it was entertaining!
Rachel

Postby Carlito Brigante » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:48 am

That's true, but the original Star Wars had a lot more creative freedom in terms of what they were trying to accomplish, groundbreaking as it was. The prequel trilogy had to introduce an entirely different world, different characters, and connect all the dots along the way, all while introducing groundbreaking cgi effects, and yes, all while keeping everything a secret. All the secrecy forced George Lucas to run a tight ship, something he didn't have to worry about the first time around. In the end I think it affected the final product. The prequel movies were as good as they were going to be.

JJ Abrams tried to do things the old way and looked what happened. The entire thing is out in the open. :lol:
Carlito Brigante

Postby Belerofonte » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:43 pm

The bizarre news of the day :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3342735/Bizarre-horny-beast-named-Padme-Amidala-Star-Wars-16-million-year-old-giraffe-T-shaped-bone-head-resembles-character-s-hat.html

"Bizarre horny beast is named after Padme Amidala from Star Wars: 16 million-year-old 'giraffe' had a T-shaped bone on its head that resembles the character's hat"

Fossils of new species named Xenokeryx amidalae were found in Spain
Belerofonte

Postby awiseone » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:06 am

Belerofonte wrote:The bizarre news of the day :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3342735/Bizarre-horny-beast-named-Padme-Amidala-Star-Wars-16-million-year-old-giraffe-T-shaped-bone-head-resembles-character-s-hat.html

"Bizarre horny beast is named after Padme Amidala from Star Wars: 16 million-year-old 'giraffe' had a T-shaped bone on its head that resembles the character's hat"

Fossils of new species named Xenokeryx amidalae were found in Spain

Now that is bizarre.
awiseone

Postby awiseone » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:08 am

My favorite line in the entire saga" The force is with you young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet" :D

Not thrilled about the new movie what so ever and I am a hard core fan.
awiseone

Postby awiseone » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:00 am

Hated this movie !
awiseone

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:07 am

I watched the movie again with a more critical eye. I mean... not really. I just wanted to watch it on D-Box theaters. It's just the kind of movie that requires repeat viewings to appreciate everything you're watching. One example is Finn listening to a million voices crying out in terror before the planets are destroyed. He's using the Force and he's aware of it. They're learning to be Jedi pretty much on the go, and that's something completely new.
Carlito Brigante

Postby awiseone » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:35 pm

awiseone wrote:Hated this movie !

It's lack of originality is stunning and I'm reluctant to elaborate at this time to respect those who have not yet seen the film.
awiseone

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Welcome to Hollywwood. A century of movies have left no other story to tell. All they can do is keep telling the same stories better, which what Star Wars does so masterfully. And Marvel. The truth is that the studio system is in major decline. It's only a matter of time before the major corporations realize that big studios are not worth all the trouble. Right now Hollywood is no different than NASA. It's too ingrained in American culture to let it fall. In that sense Star Wars is not really just a movie. Star Wars is part of the American culture. Wether it sucks or not, why not just embrace that?
Carlito Brigante

Postby awiseone » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:56 pm

Carlito Brigante wrote:Welcome to Hollywwood. A century of movies have left no other story to tell. All they can do is keep telling the same stories better, which what Star Wars does so masterfully. And Marvel. The truth is that the studio system is in major decline. It's only a matter of time before the major corporations realize that big studios are not worth all the trouble. Right now Hollywood is no different than NASA. It's too ingrained in American culture to let it fall. In that sense Star Wars is not really just a movie. Star Wars is part of the American culture. Wether it sucks or not, why not just embrace that?

You are probably responding to someone who was watching Star Wars before you were even born :)

I embraced The Saga and love the Prequels...That crap they have out there right now you can have.
I did enjoy the very last scene which was original...for obvious reasons.
awiseone

Postby thevoid99 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:12 pm

All you people who dislike TFA are a bunch of jabronis. Who gives a shit if TFA is derivative of ANH. At least it isn't trying to insult you with a bunch of lame political allegories, overwashed CGI, bad acting, and shitty characters who aren't funny.

You're all upset because Natalie didn't appear in a franchise that worked and it took someone like J.J. Abrams as well as Lawrence Kasdan and Michael Arndt to finally get it right. If anything, the person you all should be mad at is George Lucas for making Natalie look bad and have her act with some roody-poo candy-ass who can't act for shit.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be waiting in line for Episode VIII. And if you're not down with that... I got 2 words for ya.... SUCK IT!!!

"I wanna be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal from "Secretary"
thevoid99

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:11 pm

awiseone wrote:
Carlito Brigante wrote:Welcome to Hollywwood. A century of movies have left no other story to tell. All they can do is keep telling the same stories better, which what Star Wars does so masterfully. And Marvel. The truth is that the studio system is in major decline. It's only a matter of time before the major corporations realize that big studios are not worth all the trouble. Right now Hollywood is no different than NASA. It's too ingrained in American culture to let it fall. In that sense Star Wars is not really just a movie. Star Wars is part of the American culture. Wether it sucks or not, why not just embrace that?

You are probably responding to someone who was watching Star Wars before you were even born :)

I embraced The Saga and love the Prequels...That crap they have out there right now you can have.

Actually, I think that this is just a great movie regardless of its name. It's the kind that will give you something new every time you watch it. Every time you pick up on something that you missed. That to me is the best sign of a great movie, and this to me is just a great movie.
Carlito Brigante

Postby awiseone » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:12 pm

Carlito Brigante wrote:
awiseone wrote:

Actually, I think that this is just a great movie regardless of its name. It's the kind that will give you something new every time you watch it. Every time you pick up on something that you missed. That to me is the best sign of a great movie, and this to me is just a great movie.

You are not alone so enjoy it's grossed over a billion dollars world wide ... I'm good with "The Saga Series"
awiseone

Postby Rachel » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:30 am

thevoid99 wrote:All you people who dislike TFA are a bunch of jabronis. Who gives a shit if TFA is derivative of ANH. At least it isn't trying to insult you with a bunch of lame political allegories, overwashed CGI, bad acting, and shitty characters who aren't funny.

You're all upset because Natalie didn't appear in a franchise that worked and it took someone like J.J. Abrams as well as Lawrence Kasdan and Michael Arndt to finally get it right. If anything, the person you all should be mad at is George Lucas for making Natalie look bad and have her act with some roody-poo candy-ass who can't act for shit.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be waiting in line for Episode VIII. And if you're not down with that... I got 2 words for ya.... SUCK IT!!!

I'll be in line with you.
Rachel

PreviousNext

Return to Natalie Portman