Natalie News Thread

All things Natalie

Re: Natalie News Thread

Postby fanatical610 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:47 pm

Belerofonte wrote:Yeah, it´s fine ... but at this point, it does not matter what she says. There will ALWAYS be people who criticize for it. Now that she has shown her regret for having signed that petition, some are criticizing her for not having done so much earlier.

There are a lot of people angry and outraged by something on the internet and social networks. Always :wink:

Was she ever asked about it before? Praise to this interviewer for actually asking the question in the first place. Over the years I’ve seen Natalie receive lots of criticism; some fair, some not. It used to really upset me but you know what? I’m still a fan after all these years and it’s not going to change. The anonymity of the internet gives people abandon to criticise.
"When you get older, you realize it's a lot less about your place in the world but your place in you. It's not how everyone views you, but how you view yourself" - wise words from NP

Re: Natalie News Thread

Postby Belerofonte » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Reese Witherspoon, Jane Fonda among celebs urging New York Gov. Cuomo to raise tipped wage: ... 446117002/

Sixteen actresses, including Jane Fonda, Sarah Jessica Parker, Reese Witherspoon and Natalie Portman, are urging New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to raise the wage paid to tipped workers.

The women signed onto a letter to the Democratic governor as his administration examines whether to eliminate the subminimum wage paid to restaurant servers and other workers who make tips.

The actresses invoked the #TimesUp hashtag and wrote that relying on tips forces many workers to endure widespread sexual harassment.

Others signing onto the letter include Lily Tomlin, Rashida Jones, Amy Poehler, America Ferrera, Jessica Chastain, Amber Tamblyn, Brie Larson, Debra Messing, Michelle Williams, Erika Alexander, Ashley Judd, and Sarah Silverman.

Cuomo has called for hearings on the tipped wage to be held around the state.

Return to Natalie Portman