NATALIE PORTMAN IN FREE ZONE OUT ON DVD THIS TUESDAY!!!!

All things Natalie

NATALIE PORTMAN IN FREE ZONE OUT ON DVD THIS TUESDAY!!!!

Postby imakemloose69 » Sun May 27, 2007 3:34 pm

I for one can't wait to get my hands on this baby!!! i been waiting so long for a new nat film. :D :D :D

Anyonw else picking this up?

Also is ther anyone here that seen this film? I have not. Is Nat in the film for a long time?

Any help about nat in this film please let me know without to many details giveing away the film.
imakemloose69

Postby JenR » Sun May 27, 2007 3:50 pm

You either like the movie or you hate it.

I got my DVD a month or two ago. I don't particularly like Gitai's movies... I just don't like Kedma.

Free Zones descent but watch it by yourself. She's in the movie the hole time. lol

As for detail not giving the movie away, there really isn't much to say about that WOULD give it away. Its about a girl who doesn't feel she belong anywhere. She rides with this woman, try to get her money. She picks up ANOTHER woman who cant pay her (they don't get along). They drive more places, and political stuff happens. Those parts kind left me on the edge, because i got scared. :roll:
JenR

Postby Inês » Sun May 27, 2007 9:46 pm

I liked the movie.
I think Nat's performance is good specially in the first 7 or 10 min.That scene is amazing.
God is in the Rain
Inês

Postby JenR » Sun May 27, 2007 9:52 pm

I was watching the beginning and i was like,
"DUUUUDE IT'S STARTING TO RAIN!!! SHE'S MAKING THE HEAVENS EVEN CRY!!! :shock: "

:roll: I'm so weird.
JenR

Postby samchez » Mon May 28, 2007 12:09 am

doesn't natalie cry for the first 15 mins?
samchez
Site Admin

Postby JenR » Mon May 28, 2007 12:39 am

oh god NO!!! just 5-7 minutes. lol

if it was 15, i would of either turned the movie off or skips that whole scene. :?
JenR

Postby Anyathe » Mon May 28, 2007 2:17 am

5-7 minutes, huh?

I might rent it out first...
Anyathe

Postby Herzwerk R.o.D » Mon May 28, 2007 10:40 am

It's the only Nat movie I couldn't watch till the end...
It was soooo boring (except for the first scene: great performance and a very good song).

Maybe I should try to watch it again.
The geeks, Natalie Portman, Paris Hilton naked and Britney Spears's cunt shall inherit the Earth.
Herzwerk R.o.D

Postby sphinx » Mon May 28, 2007 1:56 pm

The film itself is decent..Natalie is quite good,even though she doesn't have too many opportunities in the movie to show her talent.I wouldn't 'kill' to have the DVD,but I would love to see again the first scene.It was so powerful..
"The heart is a sleeping beauty and love the only kiss it can't resist. Even if its eyes lay open wide, there is a heart that sleeps inside. And it's to there you must be hastening. For all hearts dream, they dream only of awakening."
sphinx

Postby JenR » Mon May 28, 2007 3:15 pm

It's one of those movie that are supposed to show you the reality of someones life taking place at a certain time.

You have to really respect the movie for what it is, to enjoy it.
JenR

Postby celiana » Mon May 28, 2007 6:50 pm

I think I'll rent it.
celiana

Postby JenR » Mon May 28, 2007 11:05 pm

My DVD's in FRENCH (the cover is). :roll:

Thats what i get for getting it off the internet but it was like $6-$12. I guess it came from Canada, since its a Region 1, DVD.

As long as they speak English.. when the actors speak English. I'm fine.
JenR

Postby imakemloose69 » Tue May 29, 2007 8:48 am

Well as I am a BIG Nat fan and all you are as well. This dvd is a must get for me. Any film she is in i will see/own on dvd.

I will pick it up today if i find it if not i will order it online. Then come back and let you all know what i think. :D
imakemloose69

Postby JenR » Tue May 29, 2007 12:22 pm

Do NOT expect to much from it, but watch it with an open mind. lol
JenR

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue May 29, 2007 12:50 pm

I happen to have seen this movie over a year ago. I don't remember why, I think was taking a really bad class of some kind, and somehow I got something for watching it. Not to try to sound cool, and I swear to Christ I'm not using hyperbole, it's one of the worst movies I've even seen. In a lot of ways I'm a pretty shallow person when it comes to art -- like I don't understand even a little the value of abstract painting, or even just painting, most of the time. But I can handle and understand almost any movie with any kind of artistic or entertainment value. This movie had neither and was complete masturbation, and I don't believe anyone who says they liked it. If you liked it, you're either biased or lying or liyng because you're biased.

And yes, I recall the girl and I watched it with and I were horrified by a 10-minute opener (9-plus, anyway. I literally have a photographic memory with numbers) of a close-up cry, and I believe no dialog. Also, I'm sure it's been on bittorrent for over a year, since that's how I watched it. Save yourself some money. If you love, go buy it. And also turn down the fanboi bullshit a level or two.
Extreme Allah

Next

Return to Natalie Portman