Site Performance

Anything to do with the site

Site Performance

Postby Kris » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:00 am

Hi all,
As you may have seen over the last couple of weeks the site has been crawling to a slow death. So I brought out those paddles that George Clooney uses and zapped it to life by transferring the Wordpress parts of it to the most kick ass computer I have access to. Which unfortunately is in Sweden -> looooong trip for those US packets to travel.

So I would like to hear from people visiting the site from difference places and see how you are experiencing the site now (as of Dec 5th)? Faster, slower, terrible?

And for those of who don't know the limitations we're working with here
1) We don't have access to change the NS servers of the domainname since they are owned by a 3rd party. This means a) we can't use any CDN like Cloudflare and b) we're stuck with Softlayer since that is the last entry for the NS servers!
2) We don't have a budget. Right now we're actually bleeding money for the server cost in comparison to what we get from Google ads etc.

So yeah, doing the best I can with those restrictions!

:lol:
8. Don't store all your backups in one place.If Cylons can benefit from off-site backup, so can you.
- PC Worlds "10 Business Lessons From 'Battlestar Galactica'"
Kris
Site Admin

Re: Site Performance

Postby Belerofonte » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:35 pm

It keeps going erratic: I could access very well yesterday afternoon and today in the morning, but right now it´s impossible...

I will try again after returning from work :wink:
Belerofonte

Postby amo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:12 pm

I just tried for the first time in a few days and got this.
Attachments
np2.JPG
np2.JPG (117.67 KiB) Viewed 54 times
np1.JPG
np1.JPG (75.49 KiB) Viewed 54 times
*it's pronounced "ammo"*
amo

Postby Kris » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:29 am

amo wrote:I just tried for the first time in a few days and got this.

Hm, ok so the forwarding of "natalieportman.com" -> "www.natalieportman.com" isn't working, thanx for heads up!! Should work now though (or I just solved it with additional hostname).
// Kris
8. Don't store all your backups in one place.If Cylons can benefit from off-site backup, so can you.
- PC Worlds "10 Business Lessons From 'Battlestar Galactica'"
Kris
Site Admin

Return to Natalieportman.com