Paparazzi pictures on this website

Anything to do with the site

Postby maverick88 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:09 pm

nattiep wrote:I did! Really!

I believe you, everybody misreads sometimes, it's just funny, no offense. :)
maverick88

Postby plop » Wed May 21, 2008 10:26 pm

I also thought in a reference to nattiep. :lol:

I think there are differences: If she looks bothered by the pic, better to ignore it -is what i do- but if she doesn't seems to care...

Edit: I better explain. I have no web site, not even personal. Too ignorant for that. What i mean is that, as a fan, i tend to avoid those pics that were shooted on circunstances that she... "didn't appreciates", so to speak.
"The heart has reasons that reason can not understand" Blaise Pascal :D
plop

Postby buttsie » Thu May 22, 2008 1:18 am

Dazza wrote:I don't think they could be any quicker, personally. Those gals rock!

Dont I know it

Kept up with the pace for about a fortnight then retired hurt

Mans got to know his limitations :wink:
buttsie

Re: Paparazzi pictures on this website

Postby Snarl » Thu May 22, 2008 2:28 am

Brunette wrote:Hello everyone,

I am newbie from France.I really like your website and your forum but I wondered whether it was ok to put paparezzi pictures on it.Paparazzis can be a real pain in the back for NP and I think it shows support to them when you read their stuff and publish the images they got by harrassing people.

So why put their pics on the website ??

Salut Brunette.

At last someone daring to say out loud what I've been thinking since ancient times.

Personally, I was trying to make only slight innuendos at the people more directly related to this issue because I knew the answer to the question:

Unfortunately, people just won't admit to themselves that making any use of those pictures - even just looking at them - is a contribution to ruin their beloved star's, moreover, idol's life - no matter how tiny little it is. And even if they do, their next thought is something like "If it hurts, that is not my doing. I wasn't the one ordering the pictures. And if it hurts, why the hell did you choose to become a celebrity in the first place?" Not to mention the ones who doesn't even care about the subject of those photos at all, only want to have a peek at someone else's - the unreachable, the better - private life, mostly because their own is just fucking boring.
Those pictures are gonna hit the internet anyway, so why not place them here? The only difference it would make is that the curious masses would click on other sites first, and that's a damn vital point for some.
There's a logical reasoning, it's righteous now - no regrets.

After all, a fan is not a fan if he/she doesn't want to know every details available about the favoured person, may those details be important or unimportant. Right?

Well, I tend to think that I am not a fan. Have never been one. And if that definition is right, I don't even want to be one. I just like some folks more than others, that's it.

I wish I could wipe out all candid pictures from all mediums, including this site, forever. There would be no regrets from my part. Paparazzos could retrain themselves to professionally expose their own private life in "Paparazzi Reality Shows."
There's only one thing eternal: change.
Snarl

Postby Brunette » Thu May 22, 2008 6:17 am

Snarl wrote:
Brunette wrote:Hello everyone,

I am newbie from France.I really like your website and your forum but I wondered whether it was ok to put paparezzi pictures on it.Paparazzis can be a real pain in the back for NP and I think it shows support to them when you read their stuff and publish the images they got by harrassing people.

So why put their pics on the website ??

Salut Brunette.

At last someone daring to say out loud what I've been thinking since ancient times.

Personally, I was trying to make only slight innuendos at the people more directly related to this issue because I knew the answer to the question:

Unfortunately, people just won't admit to themselves that making any use of those pictures - even just looking at them - is a contribution to ruin their beloved star's, moreover, idol's life - no matter how tiny little it is. And even if they do, their next thought is something like "If it hurts, that is not my doing. I wasn't the one ordering the pictures. And if it hurts, why the hell did you choose to become a celebrity in the first place?" Not to mention the ones who doesn't even care about the subject of those photos at all, only want to have a peek at someone else's - the unreachable, the better - private life, mostly because their own is just fucking boring.
Those pictures are gonna hit the internet anyway, so why not place them here? The only difference it would make is that the curious masses would click on other sites first, and that's a damn vital point for some.
There's a logical reasoning, it's righteous now - no regrets.

After all, a fan is not a fan if he/she doesn't want to know every details available about the favoured person, may those details be important or unimportant. Right?

Well, I tend to think that I am not a fan. Have never been one. And if that definition is right, I don't even want to be one. I just like some folks more than others, that's it.

I wish I could wipe out all candid pictures from all mediums, including this site, forever. There would be no regrets from my part. Paparazzos could retrain themselves to professionally expose their own private life in "Paparazzi Reality Shows."

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks to all of you for your answers.

I have to say I kinda share your opinion Snarl and your refusal to be a fan.There is something both worrying and annoying to me in this notion of being "fan" of a person one doesn't know.
People are fan of a public character, a recomposed public personae which isn't necessaringly related to anything essentially real about a person ( though the picture a person is given or gives to the public is always related to a true feature and we could discuss for hours about what can be considered " real" even in persons we do know).
There is this notion of filling up a personal gap and of projecting desires and ideas on a subject who/which then becomes an object.

I hope people aren't offended by these remarks of mine.

I am here because I appreciate NP's work as an actress and I don't mind reading some of her interviews about acting or University progress ( being a girl for whom studies are important too) or seeing her artistic photographies, I like knowing how people think of their work and of the notion of celebrity in general and I think she is one of the actresses who reflects the best upon this.
Brunette

Postby buttsie » Thu May 22, 2008 6:59 am

I think quite a few of us dont particularly like the invasive nature of some of the photography but only when you see their distressed by it

Bottom line is we and all the other free sites on the net could take it all down tomorrow but it wouldn't stop it.Magazines are the ones who pay the ridiculous amounts that make photgraphers step over the line ie st barts
Last edited by buttsie on Thu May 22, 2008 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
buttsie

Postby Dazza » Thu May 22, 2008 7:39 am

Brunette, that's all very well and I 100% respect where you're coming from. But do you think its right to impose (not that you're forcing anyone right now) your personal view onto other fans? The fact is, those fans who like to know more about Natalie's personal life may do so and those who do not, like yourself, can quite easily ignore that content.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby greash » Thu May 22, 2008 10:20 am

Carlotto wrote:
vessel wrote:
Extreme Allah wrote:
greash wrote:I find the pics of her just walking down the street pretty boring.

Blasphemy. How would you like it if I said that it was boring to watch you walking down the street?

Greash doesn't just walk down streets, she makes an event out of it. You should see it, man, it's totally picture-worthy.

LOL

Its true..if only she her life was as exciting as mine.
Some people will offer you their hand and some won't
Last night I knew you, tonight I don't
I need somethin' strong to distract my mind
I'm gonna look at you 'til my eyes go blind
greash

Postby Brunette » Thu May 22, 2008 1:26 pm

Dazza wrote:Brunette, that's all very well and I 100% respect where you're coming from. But do you think its right to impose (not that you're forcing anyone right now) your personal view onto other fans? The fact is, those fans who like to know more about Natalie's personal life may do so and those who do not, like yourself, can quite easily ignore that content.

Hi,

I don't aim at imposing my views on anyone here, I just expressed my own viewpoint, people don't have to agree with me !
:wink:
Brunette

Postby Dazza » Thu May 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean the viewpoint as such but rather, if the site took that policy then a small portion of fans would be happy and a whole lot would be unhappy. Whereas right now those who do look those things can enjoy them and those that don't can ignore them - everyone wins.

And just to be clear, you're more than welcome to disagree with me or anyone else on here as long as its not trolling and remains civil. 8)
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Carlotto » Fri May 23, 2008 4:05 am

Apart from that, where do you live exactly Brunette ? ^_^
Carlotto

Postby Brunette » Fri May 23, 2008 7:25 am

Dazza wrote:Sorry, I didn't mean the viewpoint as such but rather, if the site took that policy then a small portion of fans would be happy and a whole lot would be unhappy. Whereas right now those who do look those things can enjoy them and those that don't can ignore them - everyone wins.

And just to be clear, you're more than welcome to disagree with me or anyone else on here as long as its not trolling and remains civil. 8)

It's all ok Dazza :wink:
Brunette

Postby Brunette » Fri May 23, 2008 7:26 am

Carlotto wrote:Apart from that, where do you live exactly Brunette ? ^_^

I live in the South West of France and you ? :)
Brunette

Postby Snarl » Fri May 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Brunette wrote:I have to say I kinda share your opinion Snarl and your refusal to be a fan.

French femmes can call me Serge, because they know the right pronunciation of it.

:idea: By the way, did you know that your President, Nicolas Sarkozy has hungarian origins?
This is how the name is actually written:

Sárközy

and the pronunciation of it is nothing like it is going around the world.

Sár- (shaar) -- mud
-köz- (koez) -- mid-, middle of a place, and also "common-"
-y/-i (like the beginning of "international") -- -er, like "van" in Dutch, or "von" in German, showing someone/thing's place of origin

Sárköz is the name of a countryside and/or a settlement in Hungary or somewhere near it. Shame on me, but right now I've got no idea where exactly it is.

It is a quite frequent surname in Hungary.

Of course, since Mr. Sarkozy is a Frenchman, he can pronunce his own name however he likes. In my country, he is called the way I told you above, if he was a random guy from Hungary. Even by the newsreaders.
There's only one thing eternal: change.
Snarl

Postby Herzwerk R.o.D » Fri May 23, 2008 9:04 pm

Snarl wrote:Sárköz is the name of a countryside and/or a settlement in Hungary or somewhere near it. Shame on me, but right now I've got no idea where exactly it is.

It is a quite frequent surname in Hungary..

Sarkozy's father was born in Budapest. His full name is Nicolas Sarközy de Nagy-Bocsa (in Hungarian: Nagybócsai Sárközy), if that interested you.

PS: Is there different ways of pronouncing Serge?!
The geeks, Natalie Portman, Paris Hilton naked and Britney Spears's cunt shall inherit the Earth.
Herzwerk R.o.D

PreviousNext

Return to Natalieportman.com