Twitter

Anything to do with the site

:)

Postby celiavalerie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:26 pm

You've been followed, Mister! :P Anyway for twitter to not sound creepy?

I'm doing my best to keep up on the follows. I'm also doing my best to constantly remind people I'm not Natalie and exposing some of the fake twitters out that claiming to be her.

I find it pretty mean-spirited to pretend to be a beloved celebrity because people actually think they're talking to her. All of the accounts I've found pretending to actually be Natalie herself can't even spell so I'm not sure who out there is buying it but there seem to be plenty of people.
celiavalerie

Postby misterx91578 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:09 pm

Thank you hopefully I'm not too annoying
misterx91578

:)

Postby celiavalerie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:03 pm

Not annoying in the slightest :D I love community interactions. <3
celiavalerie

So...

Postby celiavalerie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Twitter update: We're hovering at 260 followers right now (it is twitter...everyday you'll gain and lose followers). This is pretty incredible. Other friends with twitter accounts for very well known businesses, bands, etc have been up for a year or so and most of them hang at 150-200. Hasn't even been a month and we're rockin' it. Thanks to everyone who's been giving support![/list]
celiavalerie

FINALLY!

Postby celiavalerie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:11 am

We've hit the big 300 it seems. That means surprise give away time is about to start rolling. Follow @natpdotcom and gimme your @'s so I can ensure a follow back.
celiavalerie

Postby Amy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:03 am

Hey everybody I spent the last hour messaging people who follow the fake Natalie (who has the gall to claim her twitter is Natalie's official). I have already convinced some people to "unfollow" the impostor. If you use twitter, be sure to let @INataliePortman know the real Natalie's fans are not amused by his/her illegal impersonation of Natalie. Maybe if enough of us write to this fake he/she will delete the account or at least own up to being a fake. :P
"This being an actress thing is cute, but don’t you think it’s time to go to grad school?" (NatDad, to Nat)
Amy

Herrow

Postby celiavalerie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Hey cuddlicious. Are you following @natpdotcom? If so what's your @ so I can hit you with a follow (in case I'm not already).
I posted about this issue in "A Twitter Annoyance". Unfortunately, there are a lot of scummy people pretending to be Natalie. Formerly, natalieportmanx was about the worst of the offenders. But after I reported that account and sent a message to them explaining why what they're doing is wrong, they ultimately deleted. Now inatalieportman is the biggest problem. Unfortunately, when I report these accounts twitter demands that I give legal documentation from the site's lawyer (lol...yes our lawyer...that we totally have) or from Natalie's legal representation. I even tried getting the account banned on impersonation simply for stating she's also the official rep of np.com (since I figured I can easily prove that I am the only one aside from Dazza who actually has the right to say natalieportman.com is the site I represent). I don't know why they make it so difficult to get these accounts banned. I have a friend who's pretty well known and he's had a couple fake twitters deleted but I think there are still a few that even he himself is having trouble getting rid of (used to have a personal facebook too...not anymore).
What I find funny is the amount of people who believe that this is Natalie. I understand if you're a casual fan and don't know much about her. A lot of celebrities tweet like idiots with terrible grammar. But it's pretty clear that not only does this person barely speak English, but the timing of tweets and use of photos only after the site has them should let people know. Now, for the true fans who do think it's her, those are the ones I feel badly about. I see young teen girls tweeting her questions, so excited they're talking to Natalie.
People I guess just really want to believe that every celebrity could listen to all the crap they have to say to them. It's silly. But I know inatalieportman is being spammed to death so perhaps it will stop...
celiavalerie

Postby Amy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:49 am

Yep you're following me on there.
I emailed ID-PR about the situation and the dangers of someone impersonating Natalie, hopefully they will take action!
Last edited by Amy on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This being an actress thing is cute, but don’t you think it’s time to go to grad school?" (NatDad, to Nat)
Amy

Postby Amy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:34 am

Happy to report that about 8 to 10 fans of Natalie have responded to me saying they stopped following the fake. Several of them had suspicions already due to the bad spelling/grammar.

I mean, really, if you're gonna impersonate a Harvard grad, at least spell right! :roll:
Amy

:D

Postby celiavalerie » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:59 pm

YAY! I was guessing that was you. THANK YOU. You're helping us out a lot (I've seen the tweets you've sent to followers/impersonator and I know you have more people questioning them). I refuse to follow inatalie but I do check out their stuff to see what's going on. With No Strings out it's gotten a lot worse.
celiavalerie

Postby buttsie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:27 am

Why do fans get sucked in so easily I wonder?

They want to believe its her?

Even before i found this forum I knew simply from the media Natalie was one of those Celebs that shunned the spotlight and fans in general so something like a facebook account was always going to be bogus
no matter how well constructed

Twitter is no different
buttsie

yeap

Postby celiavalerie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:16 am

That's also my biggest confusion here (or really my only confusion about this issue)...if you're a Natalie fan how are you seeing the timing of the tweets/grammar mistakes from someone who clearly does not speak English well at all (maybe their 3rd language or so? But it was Nabokov's 3rd and he handled it just fine). There are no personal pictures. As soon as something is up on the site, she/he has it. Otherwise, there's nothing. It even says she lives in NY...bad fan then I guess since the huge deal was made over her LA spread.
For casual fans, I get it. She says she's official an represents OUR SITE (this makes me super angry that I can't get them to remove the impersonators...I'm the only one who can say I represent the site legitimately ("I", "I" as in anyone from NP.com who can post).
BUT! There is good news...
We have officially cleared the 500 mark high enough for me to report it. We're around 520 last I saw. <3
celiavalerie

Postby Amy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:59 am

What do you mean? If you have 500 followers what can you now report?
Amy

:P

Postby celiavalerie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:08 am

Oh no lol. I was just saying I can report the good news of reaching over 500. Considering the extremely short amount of time we've been up this is pretty insane. For the most part, people have been great.

I guess nattiehersh, inatalieportman, and the rest can have as many followers as they please. I think we got the best of 'em ;)
celiavalerie

Postby celiavalerie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:02 am

Community gift is now finally up
celiavalerie

Previous

Return to Natalieportman.com