Twitter

Anything to do with the site

Postby Carlotto » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:31 am

Please don't.
Carlotto

Postby buttsie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:00 am

Not that i'm aware of

Cant really see the point in posting short tweets when you have the the front page or her news thread to post in or read

Twitter strikes me as utterly frivilous apart from breaking news stories where the media are non-existant ie Iran recently

The fact that celebrities that want attention are using it just makes it that more of a waste of space but each to their own
buttsie

Postby awise1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:24 am

Not a fan...
awise1

Postby buttsie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:42 am

A million people were following AK 4/2009..

I wonder if the euphoria has died down

Ashton Kutcher
http://mashable.com/2009/04/16/ashton-twitter-million/
buttsie

Postby buttsie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:05 am

I cant remember how but i do recall someone saying there was a facility online where natalieportman.com talked in real time..rssfeed? I think

As most said when twitter first arrived whats different between that and so many other forms of communication already going

Something like the Podcast might be different enough from all the other similar avenues

In the next one(podcast) we're auctioning off a date with Rachel. Doesn't get much cheaper than that.

Wink(Dazza) 1/2009

http://www.natalieportman.com/forum/vie ... c&start=15
Last edited by buttsie on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buttsie

The Twitter...

Postby celiavalerie » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:15 pm

We do indeed have a twitter now. I run it. Rachel designed the current background image (which I love) and Dazza also has the same exact posting power I do.
I run a few twitters for businesses and use my own personal account to advertise my workplace, friends workplaces, etc. I offered to run it for the site after the hack as a "just in case" source of news updates. It also allows some fans who, say, don't have accounts here or post on the site to get their say in. Surprisingly, it's also been a good opportunity to promote FINCA.
Some people find twitter silly. I understand that. I was very late in the game on joining because I didn't really get it. But now that I have a handle on it, it's a good way to spread the word on the site and keep fans who maybe can't check np.com at work to simply log onto twitter (which is often unblocked in offices due to marketing).
There's a good community out there and a lot of foreign visitors. We're past 130 followers. You can find us on @natpdotcom. All posts for now are either me or Dazza. Wouldn't look good without Rachel's help.
celiavalerie

Postby TwigV2 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:53 am

Yeah I just started following the NP.com twitter. I love twitter, its built for one liners and random comments, and that's me!
If anything comes into y'all from @rogerwhutwhut that's me.
"And the Oscar goes to...Natalie Portman"
TwigV2

Postby JenR » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:51 am

i followed it.. but i never sign on twitter. that is one social network i do not understand the purpose of.
JenR

Postby buttsie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:11 am

That makes 2 of us...tweet tweet

buttsie

Postby JenR » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:23 am

i think thats my status w/e say on twitter 'tweet tweet'
JenR

<3

Postby celiavalerie » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks guys! I'd like all of you on the forums to give me your @'s so I can give follow backs to fellow members of the community. Over the holidays I took a lil tweet break but it's up and running now. I also have to say that I've been giving Celina a lot of shout-outs for her great fan art submissions. Thanks for the support everyone!
I'm aiming for a mixed bag of mostly stuff directly from the site (as I stated, a lot of people can tweet from work while visiting the site itself is not possible) and confirmed little tid bits (like LeAnne Rimes talking about Natalie on her twitter...even though I don't care maybe someone does?).
I'll do my best to follow everyone who gives me their @ tags here. If I miss you then please hit me with a PM here and I'll make sure to correct it. And yes, I do reply to some tweets. I've made it very clear that I am not Natalie, that no one on twitter is Natalie, and yet still people will proclaim their undying love to me. So...those I don't respond to. But willing to chat for sure!
You can also find my personal twitter @celiavalerie.
celiavalerie

Postby misterx91578 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:16 pm

i know i'm new but posting on here but if anyone wants to follow me on twitter i'm @mister91578
misterx91578

Next

Return to Natalieportman.com