What does Nat think of np.com?

Anything to do with the site

What does Nat think of np.com?

Postby zoqfotpik » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:18 am

Hello people. New guy here. Lurked for about 10 years or so. Registered about 2 or 3 times but always ended up forgetting my username/password. Most recently I registered a few months back, but couldn't, for the life of me, remember what sort of username I registered in or why the e-mail address I registered in was deleted from the database...

Anyway, this has probably been asked before, but I was wondering--- has Natalie ever spoken about what she thought about this site? You know- http://www.natalieportman.com? I assume she's apprehensive about it? Any quotes from her at all?

Also, I've noticed awhile back that some people who frequent this site were uncomfortable with the candids section of the image galleries ('private photos'). I like viewing some of the stuff on there every now and then, but I always thought it was inappropriate. A lot of the time she looks like she's being raped or something. ^_^ Not trying to ruin the fun or anything (I apologize), it's all just for the sake of discussion.

Cheers.
zoqfotpik

Re: What does Nat think of np.com?

Postby Carlotto » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:31 am

Natalie has never spoken about np.com. She probably knows about it but most people here think she doesn’t visit it; she is not really the narcissistic type.

As for the candids, it’s a debate we’ve had several times before and I won’t bring it up again; Dazza runs the site and Rachel is in charge of the galleries and they’re both ok with candids.
Carlotto

Postby Dazza » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:13 am

I have second hand info from someone who definitely knows her, He said...

"Your website rocks and Natalie loves it!"

It's possible he was just being nice but considering the conversation there was no real need to bring Natalie into it.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Carlotto » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:27 am

That’s nice, you never told us that.
Carlotto

Postby Dazza » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:21 pm

I think I did mention or at least hint at it.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby zoqfotpik » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:28 am

Dazza wrote:I have second hand info from someone who definitely knows her, He said...

"Your website rocks and Natalie loves it!"

It's possible he was just being nice but considering the conversation there was no real need to bring Natalie into it.

I hope that's true. Still, I'm under the impression she's just cold about this fansite. Maybe she won't have second thoughts about np.com if the staff got rid of the candids? Then perhaps she'd warm up to the site?

It's just such a shame she has never publicly acknowledged the existence of np.com and the amazing work all of you folks have done for her (news, comics, photos, fanart, etc).
zoqfotpik

Postby Dazza » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:56 am

zoqfotpik wrote:I hope that's true. Still, I'm under the impression she's just cold about this fansite. Maybe she won't have second thoughts about np.com if the staff got rid of the candids? Then perhaps she'd warm up to the site?

It's just such a shame she has never publicly acknowledged the existence of np.com and the amazing work all of you folks have done for her (news, comics, photos, fanart, etc).

Well what gives you the impression she's cold on it?

I can't go into too many details but let's just say that if Natalie camp wanted candids removed badly, they could have done so with not all that much effort. But I was told that they were happy/content with how things were.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby zoqfotpik » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:38 am

Well... I can't really prove anything. It's really more about how I would feel about (oftentimes intrusive) paparazzi shots of myself being posted on the web. (and yeah, come to think of it, I realize that doesn't mean much.)
if Natalie camp wanted candids removed badly, they could have done so with not all that much effort.

True, but I doubt they would take any action about anything unless it's illegal.

For the record, I'm really only toying about the possibility of Natalie actually taking part in the np.com festivities. (Though the amount of crazies lurking about is certainly detrimental.)
zoqfotpik

Return to Natalieportman.com