Google+

Anything to do with the site

Google+

Postby jesslv74 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:09 am

Have you considered adding a Google+1 button to your page (along with blogger, facebook, and twitter). I know it's not very mainstream or popular yet, but it's getting there and I'm sure at least a handful of people here are using Google+, and it'll probably grow even more now that it's "open to the public," meaning you don't need an invitation to use it. All yo you need is Google account. ANYWAY, if you even know what I'm talking about, I think it might help to get more traffic to the site. Couldn't hurt! ;)
jesslv74

Re: Google+

Postby Carlotto » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:38 am

Maybe you guys know I’m not a fan of social networks (how they are used anyway) but I agree with jesslv (for different reasons probably): the more competitors the better (or the less monopoly, the better if you’d like).
Carlotto

Postby Dazza » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:20 am

When it becomes more popular we can definitely add it to our Facebook and Twitter links. I don't think it's quite there yet though.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby jesslv74 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Yeah, it should be getting bigger soon. I'm seeing the buttons all over, even on smaller sites. And with the new Facebook changes I'm sure many people will be migrating over there (or staying at both). I agree with Carlotto...diversity is good. I do use social networking sites though...I have a love-hate (or maybe like-hate is better) relationship with them. I don't think you have to set up a Google+ account specifically though (unless you wanted to). It only allows for individuals anyway, not "pages" or "groups" You can just grab the code for the button, right? Actually you might not even need a Google account to do that.

Oh and I'm still not getting notifications. This is the first thing I've posted since the newest forum update (which was after the hack, right?) but nothing has shown up in my email...I made sure to check my junk mail as well.
jesslv74

Postby Dazza » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:52 pm

They don't have groups? Well then there's definitely no point in joining yet. From the site's perspective.

Will have a look around the settings to see if I can find the notifications.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby jesslv74 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:55 pm

I'm not talking about Google+ itself in terms of a way to have a group of Natalie fans, just the button +1...You put on your site so that a person on your site can share the story their Google+ news stream for others to see it and link back to it if they want. It works just like the Facebook and Twitter buttons. Not being pushy, just clearing that up for you. :)
jesslv74

Postby Dazza » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:50 am

Oh right, gotcha. Well we used to have a share button that had tons of options but it was very faulty so eventually we kept it to just fb and twitter.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Dazza » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Reply notifications are working for me, Jess. You sure it's ticked when you make a post?
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby jesslv74 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:13 pm

Yup, it's been ticked every time. I made sure of it. It was ticked by default and I ticked it and unticked it again, but still no notifications.
jesslv74

Postby Dazza » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Could you try a different email address instead of your pacbell account? Think it's more likely a problem tied to their addresses but that will confirm it.
Dazza
Site Admin

Return to Natalieportman.com