The new design (Wordpress)

Anything to do with the site

The new design (Wordpress)

Postby Kris » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:17 am

This here is a forum thread in which to discuss the new design we have and any issues with Wordpress. There have been alot of feedback, everything from bug reports to suggestions for new fonts and banners. We are currently having a vote on the banner and to my knowledge all the bugs have been straightened out. But since it's impossible for me to keep track of all comments made in different news posts we're having a thread about it. Should have done that from the start, I know.

Anyway, what do you think of the theme (Axiom)? Since we're using Wordpress we can swap theme to a different theme without changing the content much, even though it'll probably require a gazillion hacks on my part to get it to work "the way we want it".
Any bugs around (except the Video and Article archive that really doesn't work)?
8. Don't store all your backups in one place.If Cylons can benefit from off-site backup, so can you.
- PC Worlds "10 Business Lessons From 'Battlestar Galactica'"
Kris
Site Admin

Re: The new design (Wordpress)

Postby Dazza » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Is it possible to drop the calendar page? We have list view. Someone clicks an event and they get calendar page. Someone clicks the entry and there's a pop up with date info. Someone clicks the title and only then do they get to the page with text about that event. I'd like it to be 2 clicks not 4.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Stefan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:58 am

Anyone else get this 500 error on the main page this morning?
The German Natalie Fan site: http://www.portman-natalie.net
Stefan

Postby Rachel » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:55 pm

I saw it, too. And Kris, if you're reading this, I'm getting a 404 error on the gallery.

idk if this is related, but the featured image is acting quirky. It uploads just fine, but it shows as a broken link on the main page.
Rachel

Postby Kris » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:01 pm

I am reading this, but I'm just not getting any of the errors you're talking about :/
8. Don't store all your backups in one place.If Cylons can benefit from off-site backup, so can you.
Kris
Site Admin

Postby Rachel » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Don't listen to me. I had wordpress in front of the url for the gallery for some bizarre reason and my file for the feat. image was probably getting corrupted on upload. :oops: The 500 - Internal server error was def. there (site-wide) for hours, though.

EDIT - It's automatically putting "wordpress" in front of the gallery urls. For example, I'm trying to edit a sub-gallery (had no issue navigating to it) and when I hit Save, it 404s me, and "wordpress" is back in front the url. This happens every time I make a change or try to navigate backwards. I also can't move images or galleries around because it will no longer populate the gallery index under "Destination."
Rachel

Postby Kris » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:29 pm

GAH! Damnit... (fixes stuff) try now...
Kris
Site Admin

Postby Rachel » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:24 pm

Seems to be working just fine now.
Rachel

Postby Kris » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:53 am

So getting back to that Calendar thing ... I don't want to re-write the calendar that we already have, even if I could which I don't know, but if there is some wordpress snazzy person out there with access to plugins that I or code canyon don't have that can find a good calendar that works like this, that'd be great .. but calendarize.it seems to be the best and I can't find any setting for what you want :/
Kris
Site Admin

Postby Rachel » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:20 am

Just noticed on the gallery (site side, not admin): on sub-galleries with multiple pages, clicking on page 2, 3, etc. just redirects you to page 1. :\
Rachel

Postby Kris » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:58 am

Damnit! It's when I flipped the permalinks that it stopped working, flipped it back now, will have to investigate more how to handle that..
Kris
Site Admin

Postby Dazza » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:13 pm

I actually like the shorter URLs.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Stefan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:08 am

On the geman page I use coppermine for the gallery and I haven't tried to include it into wordpress.

Both systems runing perfectly side by side with near to 13.000 pictures.
Maybe it is easier to do the same here?!
Stefan

Postby Stefan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:04 am

Since ... I don't know ... 2 days, the widget are UNDER the news:

Tested with Firefox, IE, Chrome and on my mobile with Opera Mini/Mobile - everywhere the same :roll:
Stefan

Postby quick_wit » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:13 am

the layout is a grower, am starting to like it.
quick_wit

Next

Return to Natalieportman.com