Re: Possible New Beginning!

Anything to do with the site

Postby Carlito Brigante » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:37 pm

The first time I went to a church they had one of those realistic looking Jesus. The guy had the skin of his knees literally peeled off, with creepy looking drops of blood running down his legs. I guess there are worst things than being subjected to that kind of torture every week. :shock:
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:14 pm

I've offended God so many times that at this point he's going to have to take it as it is. I'm sure he'll get over it.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:58 am

In the parable of the talents the man doesn't know what he needs.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:32 am

Final conclusion: Subject unknown
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:48 pm

So what do you know? Check out this beauty:

"Fargo is a great movie and it’s considered unconventional in terms of structure regarding the hero. Marge is actually introduced at the end of the first act (movie and screenplay may differ) in one draft of the screenplay she’s introduced around page 33 and in the film she’s introduce at 33 minutes.

Some actually perceive the husband, played by Macy, to be both the hero and villain in that he’s the hero whose actions drives the plot, but Marge is the moral hero. The reality is that the Coen Brothers can present any structure they truly want because they are well respected within the industry and unconventional in their style.

As a possible newer writer (I don’t know if you are a produced writer or not), it would be best to present a more traditional and conventional structure. While the idea is appreciated, don’t risk the chance of a producer or reader putting the script down because they can’t identify the protagonist. The audience needs someone to root for and identify with as quickly as possible.

Certainly making the crime more powerful than the characters also has merit and the first act does a nice job building anticipation of the horrific assassination. Regardless, I would suggest introducing Stanton earlier. Make sure he’s a distinction character that the audience can relate to."

In very nice words what she's really trying to say is that Hollywood is rigged and completely full of morons, and this is coming from a script doctor. So the question is... why even bother? Is it about having complete faith in myself? The belief that if I keep pushing through and never give up somehow it will all work out? Sure, why not? I could live with that. :wink:
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:15 pm

Is there a mountain
That cannot climb
As high
As a certain sky
Of many colors
And many horrors
As it has seen
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:03 am

Thanks. You have interesting prose there. They have a cool hypnotic effect and the punchlines are solid.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:48 pm

Here's the thing. Going through a very rough patch two years ago. Everything looks bleak. A friend picks me up. He promises that if I get my act together he'll hook me up with the hottest chick in town. Probably full of shit, right, but still a noble effort. He was right anyway. Couldn't let time just pass me by. So I hit the boxing gym, 40 carb diet, 50 push ups, 100 sit ups, the whole 9 yards.

Long story short, a few months later the guy comes with this amazing English woman. Gold hair. Perfect body. Perfect everything. So the guy gets drunk and here I am spending the night with this incredible girl breaking down every Skins episode. Then it all comes down to this special moment, right? This moment that always just kind of happens. And all of a sudden hits me. After all the shit I've been through and all the effort I've made I really don't want to end up being the asshole who's going to start shit with another dude's girlfriend. It just doesn't feel right. So I guess I do the right thing. I back up off like a pussy with a major hard on. Anyway, we've kept a pretty nice friendship online, nothing fancy.

Now here's the part I like. All it takes is one good deed, and all of a sudden all my blessings are multiplied tenfold. Life is perfect. I'm a truly blessed guy, and I just have to keep reminding myself that every day.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:53 pm

I have a cousin of mine that's a Franciscan monk. The guy had been talking about it since he was five years old and everybody thought he was just fooling around until he actually became one, so I think of him as the real deal. Huge amount of respect for him.

I guess people spend to much time thinking about the danger and uncertainty of a situation and when you look at the big picture it's really part of the big adventure, an episode of what is called life. Like any other story every life has a conflict and a climax, and when you look back you see how big and interesting that story was. From what you're describing it seems you're living a great life. If you feel lost and full of uncertainty, you could accept that conflict as rather another episode of that big adventure. No doubt I would rather be in your shoes than spend all day playing PS4 a fat slob and going online to hate on George Lucas.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:53 am

Something incredible happened to me once. It's something that was never supposed to happen. Almost as if the stars aligned themselves perfectly to make something that was impossible possible. Although I care deeply about it, and I believe in it as a matter of faith, the truth is that I have forced myself to act with indifference, simply because whatever it is I really can't control it. It's completely out of my hands. I like to think that it might truly mean something, but it's really not for me to decide. If all the pieces fall into place, they will fall. If not then it is what it is. I mean even writing it just sounds fucking odd to me.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:44 am

Pretty much. I can't grab it, but I can't run away from it either. I can't escape it. It's just there. For some reason it annoys the hell out of me, but I also get that feeling that you get when you know it's something truly special. Truth is I took things for granted when I should've been a lot more grateful, and I only have myself to blame.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:30 pm

If I had to describe myself as a movie character I'd say I'm like that Ralph Fiennes character in the movie Quiz Show, pretty much a good guy who did a very bad and dishonest thing. But on the other hand it wasn't as bad as to not being able to forgive myself and aim to live a better life. It's one of those things where people just fuck up in a major way and there's no reason why they can't put it all behind. Whatever happened happened. Trying to make excuses about it would never change anything.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:54 pm

How can the sun
Would bless such angels
As blessed as they be
When they see
That a city stands
In such ruin
While a fallen beast
Will feast
As they cry
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Check this one out. It's a cool one. So I have this little kid nephew with a bit of autism. He's so obsessed with airplanes that they're taking him to New York next weekend just so he can hang out at the JFK International airport. Of all the places in New York they're going to spend half a day strolling the freaking airport. It's his version of Disneyland. Now that's just one special little kid. :lol:
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:40 pm

How about the lights
In a town of children
Dancing with the spirits
Dancing
Eating
Drinking
Wasting away
A conoction of happiness and mimics
Endless banquets of tears