Re: Possible New Beginning!

Anything to do with the site

Postby Carlito Brigante » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:56 am

Yeah, there are good people that act like good people. Bad people that act like bad people. Good people that act like bad people. Then there's bad people that act like good people. Those are the ones that you really need to watch out for.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:48 pm

I think King Solomon executed people once in the Bible, although I might be wrong. He understood that King David was a good man that was drifted away by his inner circle. He tried to judge David's inner circle as good men that had drifted away from God as well, but he couldn't. He realized that these were evil men and that they would always be evil. Giving them a chance to simply find the way to God would've been useless. Obviously they also conspired to take the kingdom away from him, so there's that too.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:11 am

By far one of the most bizarre biblical stories is an obscure chapter from the book of Judges. A group of men rape and kill the wife of another man. They also kill his child. The man then goes after them, spreading their body parts all across Israel as he kills them one by one. Yes, this is a biblical story. Still have no idea exactly what I'm supposed to learn from that one. I guess you could give the guy a free pass.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:50 am

It represented the worship of money.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:36 am

Ceasar was a major pedophile who pushed people down a cliff. I'm sure to Jesus saying that was pretty much a no brainer.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:46 am

I had an insanely terrifying idea for a horror story. Turns out Jesus was really a stone cold killer whose mission is to kill his father. His eyes shine red just like the devil's. He asks John The Baptist who his father is right before decapitating him under Roman orders. Afterwards he's betrayed when it is discovered that he's the son of God. He is crucified, only to realize that his crucifixion is his own exorcism. The devil's cross. God had used him to gather all the demons from hell into this one place. He sends fire from the sky scorching the entire world and destroying every demon on Earth. He then gives Jesus another chance to live among humans, but Jesus is too horrified to confront all the death and misery he has caused and chooses to go back to God. Pretty much a twisted version of the story of Jesus.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:14 am

I was definitely thinking what could be the most fucked up horror story I could think of. I guess it does resonates with that kind of symbolism of Jesus casting out devils, only it takes it to a whole other extreme level. As insane as the story is, it's still a story about redemption, which is what makes it so damn bizarre.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:56 pm

It's never made sense to me that Joseph is the direct descendant of David and he is not considered to be the legitimate father of Jesus, yet Jesus is still considered a direct descendant of David. If that is the case then Jesus is either directly related to Joseph or he himself is Joseph. It can't be any other way. Wouldn't be the first time two persons in the Bible are the same one. I guess it will always remain a mystery.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:21 am

It wasn't until I visited the synagogue that I realized how entirely different the Torah is. Very fascinating. Something very cozy and peaceful about a synagogue. There's always an air of mysticism. You don't have to spend the entire time staring at a disturbing looking corpse.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:37 pm

The first time I went to a church they had one of those realistic looking Jesus. The guy had the skin of his knees literally peeled off, with creepy looking drops of blood running down his legs. I guess there are worst things than being subjected to that kind of torture every week. :shock:
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:14 pm

I've offended God so many times that at this point he's going to have to take it as it is. I'm sure he'll get over it.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:58 am

In the parable of the talents the man doesn't know what he needs.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:32 am

Final conclusion: Subject unknown
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:48 pm

So what do you know? Check out this beauty:

"Fargo is a great movie and it’s considered unconventional in terms of structure regarding the hero. Marge is actually introduced at the end of the first act (movie and screenplay may differ) in one draft of the screenplay she’s introduced around page 33 and in the film she’s introduce at 33 minutes.

Some actually perceive the husband, played by Macy, to be both the hero and villain in that he’s the hero whose actions drives the plot, but Marge is the moral hero. The reality is that the Coen Brothers can present any structure they truly want because they are well respected within the industry and unconventional in their style.

As a possible newer writer (I don’t know if you are a produced writer or not), it would be best to present a more traditional and conventional structure. While the idea is appreciated, don’t risk the chance of a producer or reader putting the script down because they can’t identify the protagonist. The audience needs someone to root for and identify with as quickly as possible.

Certainly making the crime more powerful than the characters also has merit and the first act does a nice job building anticipation of the horrific assassination. Regardless, I would suggest introducing Stanton earlier. Make sure he’s a distinction character that the audience can relate to."

In very nice words what she's really trying to say is that Hollywood is rigged and completely full of morons, and this is coming from a script doctor. So the question is... why even bother? Is it about having complete faith in myself? The belief that if I keep pushing through and never give up somehow it will all work out? Sure, why not? I could live with that. :wink:
Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:15 pm

Is there a mountain
That cannot climb
As high
As a certain sky
Of many colors
And many horrors
As it has seen
Carlito Brigante

PreviousNext