How natalieportman.com looked wayback,traffic & member s

Anything to do with the site

Postby plop » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:46 am

nattiep wrote:Based on this.. nobody likes me! :cry:

No, man. Consider how bad things and persons are easier to remember. If you re-read the Spoonbat post, he only mentions clone, syd and allah... I don't think that allah belongs in that group (i am going to do something bad. I am going to insult people: At least, there is no doub that E A thinks, so at least for that, he shouldn't be in the same group)

Consider also how much people keep conversations here with you.

By the way, Spoonbat, i am not trying to attack. Just to help poor little nattiep. (Most likely than not, he is joking. But just in case...)

Edit: Oh, well. I insulted people here twice. If you want, i can erase this post.

Edit II: Hmmm.. so you, spoonbat, were also joking, rigth? Now that i re-read, i think i got it. Oh my.
"The heart has reasons that reason can not understand" Blaise Pascal :D
plop

Re: ....................................

Postby Extreme Allah » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:10 am

maverick88 wrote: :lol: No, not just by volume Allah.

You simply can't believe this. You can like her more, sure, most will. But her posting skills simply can't compete; Jen's too nice.

Even other assholes like Kale or Dazza just don't have to body or caliber of incredibly amusing comments I've created here. It's been tried: I'm the truth.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby plop » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:19 am

You have to understand that, for most people, the nicer the better. You are witty, but for many, that isn't the most important.
plop

Postby Extreme Allah » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:26 am

plop wrote:You have to understand that, for most people, the nicer the better. You are witty, but for many, that isn't the most important.

"Better" in that you like her more. But that just make her interesting or memorable. I really like Jen, but her lack of punch allows her to sort of fade into the background at times.
Extreme Allah

Postby buttsie » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:14 am

Your worlds apart but both valuable contributors as is anyone who posts

The thought provoking words & wisdom of EA vs
This is my life by jenr in pictures & video

Of course what forum would be complete without the peasants like myself who follow them around like a sick puppy dog :P
buttsie

Postby plop » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:35 am

Extreme Allah wrote:
plop wrote:You have to understand that, for most people, the nicer the better. You are witty, but for many, that isn't the most important.

"Better" in that you like her more. But that just make her interesting or memorable. I really like Jen, but her lack of punch allows her to sort of fade into the background at times.

Can be. But my suposition -and position about it- is that it is a matter of tastes, and that Jen's posts are closer to general taste, and i was trying to refer to general tastes. You don't fit with that -and from my point of view you know it and you have admitted more than once- so you can not spect to receive general acceptance when you do things that you know that the majority find distastefull, or just dislike.

Even if you are the wittyest here. Peace.

Edit: Buttsie, you are right; here there are people who set guidelines, and people who follow those. I guess i have to say "warf!" (i mean, about myself and following your own image of the dog or something. PEACE if there is any misunderstanding)
plop

Postby JenR » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:25 am

buttsie wrote:This is my life by jenr in pictures & video

i thought about writing a script that was sort of a life story, that i would write and continue to write until i'm older, but there are some things that have happened in my life, that i dont really want to look back on.
JenR

campfire tales

Postby three-nine-one » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Who wants to dig up old graves? I just thought it would be interesting to see how those old fans were and what it was like to be a fan back then - that's all. It would give a differing perspective. I find that interesting, that's all.

Well I know. But I'm just saying it would be interesting to see them back and for them to tell campfire stories to the children, that's all.... :lol:[/quote]

i came to this site today because i was rendered terribly nostalgic by a rewatch of Closer. i was looking, in fact, for Pip. i saw this thread and was reading it and someone said something about "10 years," and i thought, "oh well, that was way before the time i'm thinking of..." then--huge gasp--wait: that IS the time i'm thinking of! i was around (though almost none of the board VIPs knew of me) from 97 until about 99 or 00. Pip and i were chums, though, and emailed for a little while, which is why i actually got a mention on the Generations list (Deep Posts Nine, kellybean...though that was not the name i usually posted under and Pip knew my real name anyhow).

back then, the natboard was where i used to come to think and talk (read: type) about, um, philosophy and Buddhism...as well as general discussion of bands (the Cure, et. al), movies, and books. my boyfriend, of course, got me on, and we used to have these big post discussions with Soulplex, aperson, Sidwolf, and others i can't seem to even remember (thus, "deep posts nine").

what i remember is that, for awhile, Pip was really, really into combating the wave of new fans who were drawn by NP's hotness. he championed a kind of pure fanhood that acknowledged and celebrated her beauty but did not tarry in the swamps of sexuality. (she was, at that time, still so very, very young.) some people ridiculed him for it, and he fought back; eventually, he used the signature: "I will defend that girl to the death" (possibly paraphrasing). he was awesome and secretly shy and crazy and nice and funny. his name could very well have been a reference to Great Expectations (would have worked almost perfectly), but he was actually a Bulls superfan. i wish i'd actually met him some time.

i do, though, have a beautiful snapshot of Soulplex and The Scarlet Pimpernel (aka In_Orange) walking through a street fair in Seattle.
three-nine-one

Postby Dazza » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:43 pm

Sidwolf is a chick? WTH!

Heh, had totally forgotten about that till you mention his/her name. Can't say I remember you but my memory is terribly selective when it comes to board history. Pip was/is a really good guy. He did tend to go overboard with the knight in shining armor complex, and he really did shoot himself in the foot when it came to girls with impossibly high standards (really hope he's found some happiness on that front) but there are certainly worse characteristics that one could have.

Never really got to know aperson and In_Orange all that well but Soulplex's posts were also incredibly fascinating and its pretty cool that he got to see Natalie in person on SNL.

Welcome back, I guess :)
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Jutze » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:25 am

sanjiro wrote:where is alex?

Posted by DAZZA on December 19, 2000 at 11:00:08:

Happy:

Found love.

Boring:

Computer is broken.

Depressing:

Died.

Realistic:

His parents found out his grades.

DAZZA-455

sanjiro wrote:funniest chat ever was on 9-11 though. we had a good time.

Just went through the edited version, pretty hilarious indeed.

[16:02] [AtEugenePPC] everything points to bin laden
[16:03] [AlexSP] and sub.

It's indeed funny how I was a newbie back then, and now I feel old. I'm still constantly amazed at DAZZA's humorous updates. Actually, I pulled out his romantic adventures with E. recently, because I found myself developing a crush on a Danish girl.

See, the NPMB spirit is still there; just drier and less verbose.

Jutze
(Star Wars generation grave digger)
Jutze

Postby Dazza » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:16 am

Beware those Danish girls!
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:20 am

Any links to any of this old message board drama would be up my alley, in case anyone cares. Otherwise, prepare to forge new drama, mother face-faces, because new school is The Truth, and inexplicably angry about it.
Extreme Allah

Postby Spoonbat » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:35 am

i came to this site today because i was rendered terribly nostalgic by a rewatch of Closer. i was looking, in fact, for Pip. i saw this thread and was reading it and someone said something about "10 years," and i thought, "oh well, that was way before the time i'm thinking of..." then--huge gasp--wait: that IS the time i'm thinking of! i was around (though almost none of the board VIPs knew of me) from 97 until about 99 or 00. Pip and i were chums, though, and emailed for a little while, which is why i actually got a mention on the Generations list (Deep Posts Nine, kellybean...though that was not the name i usually posted under and Pip knew my real name anyhow).

back then, the natboard was where i used to come to think and talk (read: type) about, um, philosophy and Buddhism...as well as general discussion of bands (the Cure, et. al), movies, and books. my boyfriend, of course, got me on, and we used to have these big post discussions with Soulplex, aperson, Sidwolf, and others i can't seem to even remember (thus, "deep posts nine").

what i remember is that, for awhile, Pip was really, really into combating the wave of new fans who were drawn by NP's hotness. he championed a kind of pure fanhood that acknowledged and celebrated her beauty but did not tarry in the swamps of sexuality. (she was, at that time, still so very, very young.) some people ridiculed him for it, and he fought back; eventually, he used the signature: "I will defend that girl to the death" (possibly paraphrasing). he was awesome and secretly shy and crazy and nice and funny. his name could very well have been a reference to Great Expectations (would have worked almost perfectly), but he was actually a Bulls superfan. i wish i'd actually met him some time.

i do, though, have a beautiful snapshot of Soulplex and The Scarlet Pimpernel (aka In_Orange) walking through a street fair in Seattle.

Neat tale 391. Thank you for sharing this with us. :)
Spoonbat

Previous

Return to Natalieportman.com