How natalieportman.com looked wayback,traffic & member s

Anything to do with the site

.................................................

Postby Spoonbat » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:57 am

What good memory? Those names were from a post that Pip made in 1999 that I happened to save. And Pip was a good guy. This generations post was just something fun.

Only have a few odds and ends from back then. Some silly posts I made, all the posts about my first proper girlfriend (that someone printed out into a little booklet and gave to friends in Germany, which is how I still have them as he sent a copy), some memorable quotes from Nat chat etc etc.

I stumbled across the NPMB awards, or at least the nominations. This one was quite funny.


Most likely to still be on the NPMB in 5 years:
Sanjiro
DAZZA
Pip
Yurei
Alex


*high fives Sanji*

We out lasted them all! Although maybe Alex counts as well. Those were pretty accurate nominations.


I see what you're saying. Any chance we can get some of the old crowd back on the board? This Audio guy sounds interesting. I think it would be cool to have him on the boards on at least a part-time basis.
Spoonbat
 
Posts: 1729
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Re: .................................................

Postby maverick88 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:28 am

Spoonbat wrote:I see what you're saying. Any chance we can get some of the old crowd back on the board? This Audio guy sounds interesting. I think it would be cool to have him on the boards on at least a part-time basis.


Why? Aren't the people that are here now interesting enough. (joking) :P :P
maverick88
 
Posts: 6127
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 1:08 pm
Location: United States - Wisconsin

Re: .................................................

Postby Dazza » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:00 pm

Spoonbat wrote:
I see what you're saying. Any chance we can get some of the old crowd back on the board? This Audio guy sounds interesting. I think it would be cool to have him on the boards on at least a part-time basis.



You want me to dig up graves for your amusement? The fact is, 99% of those fans have moved on to other things. Life happened. They stopped being fans. They got run over Lindsay Lohan.

Now and then an old timer will pop in, like when Soulplex dropped me a line to tell me that Nat would be doing SNL, but they aren't part of the community any more by their own choice.
User avatar
Dazza
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5940
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 12:19 am
Location: South Africa

Postby buttsie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:34 pm

2nd time around as I have experienced on another forum isn't even remotely the same even with the same cast of forumites
buttsie
 
Posts: 7189
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:45 pm
Location: Australia

Postby plop » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:41 pm

buttsie wrote:2nd time around as I have experienced on another forum isn't even remotely the same even with the same cast of forumites


The old leit-motiv of "There isn't second chances in life". I know my comment sound like teasing, but i also mean it. It uses to be that way, indeed.
"The heart has reasons that reason can not understand" Blaise Pascal :D
User avatar
plop
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 3:22 pm
Location: Caracas, Venezuela

....................................

Postby Spoonbat » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:17 pm

maverick:
Why? Aren't the people that are here now interesting enough. (joking)


Oh they are maverick. Esp. Clone, Sydan, and Allah.....

And believe me - you're normal - that's a good thing. Allah is funny and eccentric but not crazy and the rest are well....a mixed bag. You fill in the rest of the blanks.

Dazza:
You want me to dig up graves for your amusement? The fact is, 99% of those fans have moved on to other things. Life happened. They stopped being fans. They got run over Lindsay Lohan.


Who wants to dig up old graves? I just thought it would be interesting to see how those old fans were and what it was like to be a fan back then - that's all. It would give a differing perspective. I find that interesting, that's all.

Now and then an old timer will pop in, like when Soulplex dropped me a line to tell me that Nat would be doing SNL, but they aren't part of the community any more by their own choice.


Well I know. But I'm just saying it would be interesting to see them back and for them to tell campfire stories to the children, that's all.... :lol:
Spoonbat
 
Posts: 1729
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Re: ....................................

Postby Extreme Allah » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:29 pm

Spoonbat wrote:maverick:
Why? Aren't the people that are here now interesting enough. (joking)


Oh they are maverick. Esp. Clone, Sydan, and Allah.....


Just a quick note: when Allah moves on from this site, good or bad, his star will shine brighter than any new poster, and his name will come up as often as NP's: "Where's Allah;" "Who was this Allah;" "What ever happened to Allah?" "Why is everyone so obsessed with that troll?" "I keep hear this name, was he like some kind of demigod?" I might not be appreciated in my own time, but I'm clearly the standout poster.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
User avatar
Extreme Allah
 
Posts: 8392
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Sandals Resort: Somalia

Re: ....................................

Postby maverick88 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:36 pm

Extreme Allah wrote:
Spoonbat wrote:maverick:
Why? Aren't the people that are here now interesting enough. (joking)


Oh they are maverick. Esp. Clone, Sydan, and Allah.....


Just a quick note: when Allah moves on from this site, good or bad, his star will shine brighter than any new poster, and his name will come up as often as NP's: "Where's Allah;" "Who was this Allah;" "What ever happened to Allah?" "Why is everyone so obsessed with that troll?" "I keep hear this name, was he like some kind of demigod?" I might not be appreciated in my own time, but I'm clearly the standout poster.


No offense but I think Jen is clearly the standout poster on this board.
maverick88
 
Posts: 6127
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 1:08 pm
Location: United States - Wisconsin

Postby nattiep » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:02 pm

Based on this.. nobody likes me! :cry:
MENDOZAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
User avatar
nattiep
 
Posts: 6126
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 2:36 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Postby maverick88 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:17 pm

nattiep wrote:Based on this.. nobody likes me! :cry:


That's not true, you seem ok to me and I'm sure everybody else here likes you also.
maverick88
 
Posts: 6127
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 1:08 pm
Location: United States - Wisconsin

Re: ....................................

Postby Extreme Allah » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:22 pm

maverick88 wrote:No offense but I think Jen is clearly the standout poster on this board.


If your standard is volume, sure...
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
User avatar
Extreme Allah
 
Posts: 8392
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Sandals Resort: Somalia

Postby Miller » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:28 pm

Oh it's the big boys talk now. I'll be quiet.
Miller
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:02 pm

Postby JenR » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:25 pm

thats an awesome ava, Miller.
User avatar
JenR
Moderator
 
Posts: 11640
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 2:58 pm
Location: USA - Texas

Postby Miller » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:31 pm

Merci. Was testing that iTunes cover thing...
Miller
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:02 pm

Re: ....................................

Postby maverick88 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:58 pm

Extreme Allah wrote:
maverick88 wrote:No offense but I think Jen is clearly the standout poster on this board.


If your standard is volume, sure...


:lol: No, not just by volume Allah.
maverick88
 
Posts: 6127
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 1:08 pm
Location: United States - Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to Natalieportman.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron