Championship Vinyl

Anything Goes

Re: Championship Vinyl

Postby quick_wit » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:17 am

Damn.
quick_wit

Postby thevoid99 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:02 pm

I finally heard the album last night, it's fucking incredible and if this is Iggy's final album. Then he's going out in style. If you don't think this is any good, then go fuck yourselves:

"I wanna be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal from "Secretary"
thevoid99

Postby thevoid99 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:59 am

I think I just discovered the most extreme thing out there that will shake the core of popular music as we know it as I'm not a fucking convert to the awesomeness of........ BABYMETAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I wanna be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal from "Secretary"
thevoid99

Postby Dazza » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:55 pm

I finally saw RH at Lollapalooza Berlin and it was one of the best nights of my life. They were incredible. I've downloaded an HD stream of the concert recorded for German TV, so if anyone wants a link, just holla.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby quick_wit » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:11 am

ME.
quick_wit

Postby Brian » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:05 am

A friend recommended the Front Bottoms to me. They're cool, with the fun quirky vocal style. Like Neutral Milk Hotel. But more importantly, it led me to Youtube giving me a new discovery: It Looks Sad. Wow, they rule! They only have 2 EPs out from a few years ago so hopefully they make a full record soon. The song Creature is what grabbed me instantly. All their songs are great, they just need to make more for us and hopefully hit it big enough to tour. Looks like they've played mostly shows in NC, where they're from.
Brian

Postby Brian » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:08 am

Any people still around here, or maybe those crazy bots have scared everyone off pfff. I got to go to a Weezer & Pixies concert the other night. Awesome time. Pixies didn't mess around, didn't even talk to us at all, but that's ok, they just played song after song and rocked it. Weezer had all the production fun, coming out in the 1950s like set with Rivers in a sweater vest ha, opening with Buddy Holly. I had good seats, and we had streamers falling on us at one point, that was cool. Later on Rivers even went out to the middle of that large outdoor venue on a scooter to play a few songs out there. They did a few fun covers too, like Aha "Take on Me" and even the Turtles "So Happy Together" haha, complete with a Green Day verse mixed in that song. Of course they rocked Africa.

The revelation was the opening band - I really dug them. Only knew a little of them - Sleigh Bells, indie rock band with a female lead. Their early stuff is too simple for my taste (it's been called noise rock), but I love the latest EP, Kid Kruschev - I think it's from last year. "Rainmaker" was my jam I already loved anyway, but I dig the whole EP.

My fave of all younger artists is Lykke Li - I hope she hits my area here. Maybe next year. I know she's playing a festival in LA later this year, but ehhh not sure if I wanna travel for that when I wanna go see a concert that's all about her.
Brian

Previous

Return to Off-Topic