WANT.

Anything Goes

Re: WANT.

Postby Extreme Allah » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Thank you, QW. All input weighed, and I'm probably getting it today.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:43 am

Want to print that Banksy piece onto a canvas. Anyone know if there is a HQ version out there somewhere? :(
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Dazza » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Petulant bump!
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Carlotto » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Where do you think you are? 4chan? :mrgreen:

Just kidding, neither Google Images nor TinEye gave me anything.
Carlotto

Postby buttsie » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:21 am

Google is hopeless because of its commercial aspect

Google minus google a little bit better but not much

Tinyeye just proves the internet is way too large for any search engine

If it exists this might be the one to find it if you know exactly what your looking for as a generic search for HQ banksy art returns a staggering 27,100 pictures ...

Has a lot of filter options to narrow it down

http://www.picsearch.com/index.cgi?widt ... &size=800p
buttsie

Postby Dazza » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:57 am

I presume they make sure any hi res versions don't stay up long. Maybe some kind of banksy torrent is my best chance. Well, only chance really.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby robot » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:38 pm

The largest version I've been able to find is 1862 x 2730 here. I don't know what is hi-res enough for real printing though.
robot

Postby Carlotto » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:17 pm

You should be able to print it with a decent quality as a 30 cm wide poster with that kind of resolution I’d say.
Carlotto

Postby Dazza » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Sweet, thanks Robot!
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:27 am

Ivy Bridge dates leaked. Time for my first 4-core laptop, methinks.
Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:33 am

Been running marathons lately and want nothing in the world (as of the moment) except this:

quick_wit

Postby Extreme Allah » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Really? I have never tried them, but got the impression they were a lame gimmick like the Shox or something. I guess I shouldn't make assumptions.

I am all over the place. I will wear pretty much any neutral trainer that feels comfortable. I think it's sort of amazing that Nike is in their own league in terms of looks, while managing to put out as good a product as any other company, and keep it at the exact same price point. But at the same time I don't care that much, and Nike tends to aim at people who want or need more shoe than I do, so I have mostly been wearing Asics and Mizuno the last few years.

Pretty impressed that you are running marathons. It's a lot of work. Even I (who am OCD and have nothing but time) have cut back to 10Ks and less. What' kinds of speed are you working with?
Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:45 am

I don't know, I just thought it was pretty. I wanted a running shoe that I can wear with casual clothes. There's a park near my work, so I could just wear it instead of carrying it around. My friend wanted Asics too, haven't tested one yet, so I guess I could check it out. My friend is working towards 10k, I'm staying with 3-5k.
quick_wit

Postby Extreme Allah » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Oh, OK. Training at like 1mile runs or w/e, it's probably hard to hurt yourself. But you really don't want to start pushing harder in a shoe you chose on a whim. Running shoes are made for all different gaits and physiology. For instance, most people in the developed word (i.e. had shoes growing up) are "overpronators," meaning they bend their foot in too much toward the inside edge on impact, which can create all sorts of injuries. Others don't turn in enough ("underpronators"), which is another injury problem. Others pronatate an ideal amount, and thus want to avoid all the needless cushioning and control in a typical shoe. Etc.

Once you know what you are and what has worked for you, you can start to feel OK about picking out a shoe on the internet. But I really advise against it until you are more experienced. Go to a running specialty store, and ask them to analyze your gait. They will probably have you run on a treadmill for a few minutes, and then show you a few pair that they think should work for you.

They aren't really even more expensive this way. Pretty much every proper running shoe is about $100US here, with a few companies having an option that is a little less (like the Pegasus from Nike), and if you are really, really heavy, there are usually extreme cushioning and control shoes that cost like $130, but almost everything that a runner would really train in stays at that US$100 price point.

They seem to make more attractive bits of kit for woman, so I'm sure you can find something that excites you, whether it be shoes or shorts or w/e. I personally am obsessed with loudly colored shorts. I have an American flag pair that is my favorite.

Oh, lastly, I also advise against your reasoning for wanting a nice looking running shoe. Running shoes have a fairly finite road life of about 300-600 miles, probably on the lower end. They are expensive and important, and walking around in them wears them out faster and in different, weird ways, and it also makes it extremely hard to track the miles you put on them, which is in convenient in other ways.

Sorry for the rant, I'm a gear queer.

Edit: The Nike Lunar line has really girly color options, btw. Girls I've know actually find it sexistly so, but as a half-fag, I actually think they look great. They are good shoes, and they probably make one for you, assuming that there is nothing super odd about the way you run.

Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 am

The first one looks nice, I do plan to get tested so I know which shoe fits before I buy one. Thanks.

Do those fancy shoe technology like Nike Shox really work? each brand has their own thing. I think I should just stick to the basics and work with one that fits.
quick_wit

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic