Championship Vinyl

Anything Goes

Re: Championship Vinyl

Postby quick_wit » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:19 pm

thevoid99 wrote:
quick_wit wrote:mmm...checking out FKA, saw a video sounds nice. Just got into Sky Ferreira. Why is Lana del Ray famous? her music is meh to me

Finally, someone who is listening to Sky Ferreira. Her album is awesome.

It is. I've been playing the album a lot. Lana's voice reminds me of Cat Power, but the music is mediocre to me. Yeah there are a lot more worse. Like that Selfie song.
quick_wit

Postby quick_wit » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:45 pm

CHVRCHES IS GONNA BE IN MANILA!!!!

Tickets are cheaper than big acts and I got my bonus just in time. But there's no one to go with me because my friends don't know the band.

Should I go solo?
quick_wit

Postby Dazza » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Yes, make some new friends of people who are also fans.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:00 am

Just got the new Lykke Li, and as usual, I like her songs on first listen. Anyone listening to BANKS? I love her style - her voice can sound either vulnerable or strong.

Got the new Interpol too, and I love the single already, but need more time to get into the rest of it. Loved them in concert a month ago - they did most of my faves, doing NYC, Leif Erikson, and Take You On a Cruise.
Brian

Postby quick_wit » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:45 pm

The Chvrches show was good.

The fucking people in front holding up their mobile phones made it hard to see. At some point the stupid idiots stopped, but then again they do it from time to time. The girls behind me we're shorter, so they couldn't see anything at all, which sucked coz we were in the VIP section.

Lauren is a good singer but she doesn't have stage presence, maybe she needs more experience. I watched some videos of them in You Tube and she does move around more during the concert. When Martin sang that's when it felt like a concert because of his energy and the way he engaged with the audience while singing.

Overall still had a great time even when my thighs hurt a bit from a hike two days prior and some douchebags blocking the view.
quick_wit

Postby Brian » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:02 am

Glad you liked the show overall. I try to be considerate about my phone - I'm already tall enough that my head will be in the way of short people, sorry, nothing I can do there, so when I take a few vids & pics, I do it from holding my phone in front of my face so it doesn't change anyone's view there too much.

I def wanna check out Chvrches albums - been hearing a couple songs on the indie channel and they sound great. One is from a Hunger Games soundtrack.

And it seems to be a trend in the indie world to use those weird spellings, cuz I noticed that too with the band Alvvays who sound interesting too after hearing one song so far. That's cool that the bands don't care about someone randomly stumbling upon them, but instead make it easy for those in the know to find them.
Brian

Postby Dazza » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:28 pm

It was meant to be Churches but then they realized it might be hard to find them when searching.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby quick_wit » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:45 pm

I want my beat popping 90's RnB back and none of this trance/electronic mixes. Sadly I don't think it's going to happen.
quick_wit

Postby quick_wit » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:16 pm

quick_wit wrote:Lady Gaga should release a stripped down album, acoustic/piano/jazz kind of thing. The piano version of Poker face is perfection. She has a great voice.

downloading Ceremonials.......

After 8 years, Gaga finally followed my advice. The Sound of Music Medley was great. Though I had to admit, she played this smart. I doubt anyone would've paid attention to her if she continued to play behind the keyboard with a band. The pop antics definitely put her on the map. She took a tumble because she went overboard with the pretentious art shit, but hopefully there's a career reinvention on the way. I don't mind her because vocal wise she's far better than most of the pop girls as of the moment.

My iPod classic is broken :cry: . The earphone jack got loose from constant use. My cheap phone has a decent player and an expandable memory but still a barely good replacement. Apple discontinued the best product they've ever had. Fuck you Shuffle. Fuck you Nano. Fuck you iPod Touch.

Also Sleater-Kinney got featured in Bob's Burgers. Fucking awesome.
quick_wit

Postby quick_wit » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:20 pm

Thank you Sleater-Kinney. I'm tired of all the EDM. I'm sure there are great EDM and other electronic flavored artists out there, but I've always been a rock chick.
quick_wit

Postby Dazza » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:31 am

I just can't get into them. Her voice is like NyQuil to me. Zzzzz
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby quick_wit » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:22 am

It's almost the end of the year, so am pretty sure you got your fave lists.

Do you have any recommendations? I love indie rock, but would also love to listen to new music from other genres.
quick_wit

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:37 pm

I've been listening to some indie music lately, but I never really stop to check out the artists. Lately I've been listening almost exclusively to movie soundtracks. Simply the best music there is right now. It's strange to think that as terrible as Fantastic Four was, the film's music is surprisingly amazing. Heavy favorites are Interstellar, Gravity, and Oblivion.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Dazza » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:45 pm

I like pretty much all of that so I endorse that list :lol:

Really love this track off the new Majical Cloudz...sooo pretty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rihk7_2BVw&pxtry=1
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:19 am

Indie music is pretty relaxing. I tuned myself out of the whole 80's rock scene. If I ever listen to a Guns and Roses song again I'll blow my brains out. I also like the soft chill electronic, just none of the loud stuff. The best out there is Daft Punk's Random Access Memory. Can't get tired of listening to that.
Carlito Brigante

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic