The unofficial weird/great/stupid questions thread

Anything Goes

Re: The unofficial weird/great/stupid questions thread

Postby Extreme Allah » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:06 pm

I've gotten a virus from the Pirate Bay website, but never a torrent itself.

As Dazza suggests. I would assume these are false positives. Anti-virus software usually hates cracked .exes, and especially key gens.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Sun May 18, 2014 5:13 am

go to a festival alone or go to a book club with middle-aged strangers?
quick_wit

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue May 20, 2014 12:39 am

quick_wit wrote:go to a festival alone or go to a book club with middle-aged strangers?

Depends on the book, the festival, and the drugs available to me for either. Festival, probably.
Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Wed May 21, 2014 12:54 pm

The book is T.H. White's Once and Future King and the festival (not exactly, more like summer activities) is at some place where my favorite band is playing. I was hoping to meet new people because I've been a hermit lately. Sadly no drugs.
quick_wit

Postby Dazza » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:31 pm

I don't think there's an answer unfortunately. Certainly not one that painlessly gets you to the kind of friendship you want. Think you're going to have to hurt her feelings a bit here. Maybe focus more on yourself, make it your problem more than hers. This is what *I* need. A good friend will listen and understand...and since she clearly wants to be a good friend, hopefully she'll see the light.

But I doubt it.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:32 am

Your logic is a bit flawed here, Rachel, and I'm kind of disappointed in the person you have become. I mean, pooping without your phone? How do you browse Reddit then?

I agree with Dazza. What I would do personally would be bust the guy's balls about crowding my shit until he learned or stopped being my friend. But I'm not sure that's an acceptable behavior, and I think it's an unwinnable position.

I doubt he is just being clingy because he doesn't know you want more space (even ignoring that you already had that conversation). People who want to be up your ass like that are unhappy and anxious when they are not engaged with people. And when you feel that way, I imagine it's hard to not take it personally that your friend doesn't want to be hanging out with you. It's probably as weird or weirder a concept to him as his shit is to you, and conflict-free solutions are probably pretty unlikely.

One thought that I assume Dazza just forgot to add was that you could start a cult. They'd probably want to join, at which point you could start giving them doctrine to suite your own needs. Forbid any use of electricity between 3pm and 9am. Tithing. Whatever you want, you're the Supreme Leader.
Extreme Allah

Previous

Return to Off-Topic