Skins: A slightly NSFW tribute

Anything Goes

Postby kale » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:50 pm

Retirement in your teens! (I think.)

What are your ideas for 'something else'?
пошлость ː جاهلية
kale

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:57 pm

kale wrote:Retirement in your teens! (I think.)

What are your ideas for 'something else'?

Retirement from poker. I'm not trying to imply that I'm like a billionaire or anything, but poker will always be here, I have basically unlimited options, and I'm sick of grinding all the time.

I'm not sure what I want to do. I'm not kidding when I say I'm thinking about the military, but that's short-term. The immediate is to try to get a novel published, but it's going to require such a consuming immersion that I don't know if I want to make that my life. I have some real estate things going, but even if that works out and makes me an ass-load of money, I would still want something to fill my days. I don't really know what I want to do with my life, really.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:41 am

(I just played a 12.5BB pot w/ a guy I've never seen before named Kale something. [Edit: none of this will make since to any of you, unless you are a seasoned player and reasonably capable of performing combinatorial analysis, so just think..."played worse than a bad 5/10 regular"]. He was...not good.

I've now seen two Dazzas, a JenRU, a Kale, and dozens of NP avatars. And you are all inbred droolers.)
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:06 pm

Ep 3 was quite decent. Interesting new character helped that a great deal. I'm still absolutely baffled as to why the show can't go 5 minutes without the creative people going "right then, now let's turn the dial up to 11 for full on laughs...I know, why don't we have them eating or drinking crazily. cos we've never done that before."

ENOUGH!
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:18 pm

We both like it, we both watch it; there's no judgment here. So can we just admit that it's a really bad, poorly written show, now? Even the first two seasons had some really painful shit in them...the accidents by which they kept Sid and Cassie apart were just idiotic. It can be a fun show, and we are all attracted to English junior high-schoolers, but that's also who it's written for.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:58 am

Well season 1 was, imo, kind of exceptional. The way the walked the tight rope between deep/realistic/serious and silly/fun/entertaining was kind of masterful. The only episode that for me felt too much in the silly direction was the Russian field trip episode.

But now its like a season of Russian field trip episodes. Some fun moments but a lot that is just trying way too hard.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:12 am

Season 1 was quite clever. But it had some dumb shit, and the comedy just wasn't funny to me very often.

The only truly great comic moment in any season was the 9/11 musical from season 2, and I think it's probably way more hilarious to Americans than it could be to its general audience, and sort of stumbled into its genius by accident.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Okay, the last ep was actually pretty good. There were still a few bum notes (like the awful over the top snog that ended a really great opening sequence). I'm glad to see a bit of depth from Pandora and especially Effy. I can see why people would be bored with Effy (at least by her character) but I think she's one of the most interesting the show has ever had. She's got huge walls up so the choice of her to be the closest thing to a main character is bizarre but kinda awesome for that reason.

When she shows a bit of vulnerability, like she did in this episode, its gold and feels particularly earned.

This week we see if they can make mr boring a little interesting.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Dazza » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:11 pm

The boring cunt gets the best ep of the season. Who saw that coming? I didn't buy Effy's enthusiasm at the lake and boring cunt's transformation happened very quickly but those are pretty minor gripes compared to some of the shit served up earlier in the season.

It's swinging from "guilty pleasure" back to "pleasure" again.
Dazza
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Off-Topic