Skins: A slightly NSFW tribute

Anything Goes

Postby Dazza » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:46 am

Haha. Inspiring stuff.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:58 am

I watched the first two. Cassie is my favorite. She's cute, and she's so damaged that she's attainable, but moreso controllable. Someone like that, who's father ignores her, and who doesn't eat -- someone who want attention and control -- her desperation makes her a hanging curve ball to be manipulated. That's the kind of girl you can start a lasting codependency with.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:29 pm

Dazza wrote:14 is the new 18.

If that trend continues I wonder what's the new 18 in 5 or 10 years. Look at the tweener phenomenon, its sad when kids don't have a decent innocent childhood anymore. Plus some of them are annoying as hell in concerts.
quick_wit

Postby maverick88 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:15 pm

quick_wit wrote:

If that trend continues I wonder what's the new 18 in 5 or 10 years. Look at the tweener phenomenon, its sad when kids don't have a decent innocent childhood anymore. Plus some of them are annoying as hell in concerts.

I think Dazza was just kidding, no pun intended, but I do agree with you, it is a disturbing trend and some of the music is annoying and I wouldn't listen to it even I could be that age again.
"If it's Sunday, it's Meet The Press" - Tim Russert
maverick88

Postby Dazza » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:57 am

Finished season 2. The second half was a lot better than the first although they didn't quite nail the character resolutions as I would have hoped. The final shot was great though. Roll on S3.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:18 pm

I watched the first episode a while ago off of a recommendation and then forgot about it, perhaps it is time to watch the rest.
Andrew

Postby Dazza » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:48 pm

The season 3 teaser features Nude!

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDOHhPz2NyY&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDOHhPz2NyY&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby greash » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:27 pm

hot.
Some people will offer you their hand and some won't
Last night I knew you, tonight I don't
I need somethin' strong to distract my mind
I'm gonna look at you 'til my eyes go blind
greash

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:23 am

Season 1 spoilage follows:

I just watched through episode 5, where Cassie tries to kill herself. I honestly don't see what any of these people see in Michelle, at this point. She's stupid, condescending (which two things alone are a one-two that almost can't be worked around), and is by no stretch of the imagination more attractive than Cassie. Sid has made almost exclusively bad decisions at every opportunity. I'm completely hooked.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:40 am

Season 1 spoilers ahoy:

Michelle is okay. If she wasn't THE HOT ONE then I'd cut her more slack. What I like about Sid...well there are two things really. One is that he's not smart. He looks as though he SHOULD be smart, but is really just a useless slacker. I totally relate. The other thing is that, while he is a good guy, he's actually a real shit to Cassie. His head is so far up Tony and Michelle's asses that that is all he can see, which is closer to reality than what we usually get in these kinda shows.

Effy has a big part to play in episode 8. Enjoy.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:05 pm

Season 1 spoilers: Effy hasn't really even been in it, at this point. If it weren't for your tireless pimping, and of course the fact that she was born in 1992, I wouldn't even care. This had better be hot.

Sid: I don't dislike Sid. I find his character really interesting. I just don't have a ton of sympathy for him, like I do for Chris or beloved Cassie. I don't know that he looks like he should be smart. He just looks and seems like a college kid, to me. He seems like exactly the type of moron who would be pleasant enough, but lets people like Tony and Michelle shit all over him.
Extreme Allah

Postby Shantih » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:45 pm

I never understood why Michelle was meant to be "the hot one". Her body's alright but her face lets the whole shebang down. Cassie's far prettier, and Effy when she finally starts to make an appearance.
Shantih

Postby Dazza » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: The Sid thing, I meant that by teen television rules, he should be smart and nice and all that jazz. Definitely seems like just a normal (real world) guy, which is cool.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:03 am

Man, for all its painful faults, this show is tearing me up inside. I <3 Cassie, 4 certs.
Extreme Allah

Postby kale » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:07 pm

Yahuh.
пошлость ː جاهلية
kale

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic