The Official "I Have No Mates" Thread

Anything Goes

Postby nattiep » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:14 pm

vessel wrote:
Extreme Allah wrote:Why don't you take a class or something; meet some people under 30.

Anxiety is harsh. I don't have the right meds, so even sitting in my room causes all my senses to be overwhelmed. Very sensitive to sound, light, temperature. I have an irrational fear of school, my condition is not atuned to today's teaching methods. I have a hard time understanding the simplest of concepts when in a classroom filled with bright lights and people I can't communicate well with.

It's hard for people to understand, but I'm not very good at explaining it.

Yer just SOL huh?
MENDOZAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
nattiep

Postby vessel » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:31 pm

nattiep wrote:
vessel wrote:
Extreme Allah wrote:Why don't you take a class or something; meet some people under 30.

Anxiety is harsh. I don't have the right meds, so even sitting in my room causes all my senses to be overwhelmed. Very sensitive to sound, light, temperature. I have an irrational fear of school, my condition is not atuned to today's teaching methods. I have a hard time understanding the simplest of concepts when in a classroom filled with bright lights and people I can't communicate well with.

It's hard for people to understand, but I'm not very good at explaining it.

Yer just SOL huh?

I make it sound like that, but I think things are going to get better. I need to do some behavior modification training, get better meds, and get used to "exposure," as psychologists say.
vessel

Postby vessel » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:58 am

Fuck me, I'm angry and a little sad. My friend of like 16 years hasn't responded to IMs, emails or game invites for over half a year. I posted what happened some time ago, how I jokingly called him "asshat," and he deleted me from his friends list on Live, but I'm so desperate for outside contact I'd be willing to deal with him. Lonely as fucking shit. I email him all the time, he doesn't answer. I invite him to play on Steam and Live, and I can see he's online, but he never answers. Just logs off right after I post to him.

It just really hurts that the only person I've ever had as a "friend," someone I've been extremely kind and comforting to, would just up and ignore me like this. I know people grow apart, but it's kind to at least respond to emails. It doesn't take any time. I was a very good friend to him, and now that he's graduated from the Art Institute and has arty friends he doesn't even acknowledge I exist. Just tossed me aside once he got a "real life." I'm very depressed about it, and hurt too.
vessel

Postby vessel » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:01 am

Either he hasn't been updating his portfolio, or he hasn't been employed. If so, it'd be nice if he'd respond.

EDIT: Removed his link for his privacy. I wanted to share who he is, but I wasn't thinking he probably wouldn't like that.
Last edited by vessel on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
vessel

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:08 am

That really sucks, Vess. I'm a complete dick to everyone, and I would never even consider treating people like that.

Even still, you really want to post his info like that? I would advise against it.

Also, those sketches of his are bollacks. How did he graduate from an art school?
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby vessel » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:29 am

You're right. I'll edit the post. I didn't think anyone would think of it as being intrusive, but I don't know internet etiquet very well.

Yeah, he graduated. He's never really been very artistic or creative.
vessel

Postby vessel » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:48 am

I told my mom while she was in bed for the night about how serious it is, but she's too sleepy to talk to. She's asleep now, and I was scared of going through another long night with no one and nothing to do to keep my mind off of the isolation. It'll be around ten more hours before anyone will be awake for me to talk to, but like always she has to race to work in the morning first thing. So it'll be another fifteen hours of being alone, of which somewhere along the lines I'll have to sleep, wake up, and not have anyone to talk to again because no one will be awake by the time I get up. The meds messed up my sleeping schedual, and I try to stay up when people are around, which is rare, but the only person I have in the whole world to talk to is my mom.
vessel

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:53 am

On here it's unlikely to turn into anything; things are super laid back. But you never know. You post something like that on 4Chan or 2+2 or something with a villainizing story, and you have the right friends (i.e. me or worse), you've turned on the Fuck You Machine, and there's no turning that off. One time on Rec.Poker some dude conned my then-PLO mentor out of $500. I googled the account he wanted the money transfered to, and found the name in some hand histories he shared on 2+2, checked his profile, found his AIM and MySpace, pretended to be a hot 17-year-old girl, found out his name, address, place of work, school, class schedule, phone number etc., and then we post it all and watched the mayhem unfold. (Some one from 4chan claims to've gone to his house and told his parents he gave his sister a date-rape cocktail, but I doubt it happen.)

My point is, you can do some fucked up shit to people on the internet, this dude half-deserves it if you haven't left out anything major, and I'm probably not the only person here who thinks shit like that is fun.
Extreme Allah

Postby vessel » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:57 am

I was only trying to point out that his portfolio says he's currently unemployed. I didn't even think about all that.
vessel

Postby buttsie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 am

Sounds like a case of wounded pride in the extreme to me

Used to work with a guy who couldn't handle being ribbed/teased
Always took it as an insult and reacted like a child
buttsie

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:01 am

buttsie wrote:Sounds like a case of wounded pride in the extreme to me

Nah, my bet is the probably more insulting possibility that he didn't really want to be his friend, and took this oppertunity to cut all ties.
Extreme Allah

Postby buttsie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:11 am

Extreme Allah wrote:
buttsie wrote:Sounds like a case of wounded pride in the extreme to me

Nah, my bet is the probably more insulting possibility that he didn't really want to be his friend, and took this oppertunity to cut all ties.

Thats always a possibility but unles you get confirmation it could be either

Wouldnt be the first time someone has fallen out online and then decided their never going back to that old place where they weren't really happy.All because life in the real world has changed for the better

Either way its a selfish act
buttsie

Postby vessel » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:20 am

He's always been extremely rude. Kind of a social retard, and coming from someone with Autism, that's saying a lot. His family is really nuts, like fucking crazy. I used to share my video game concepts and ideas with him all the time, and in this one case he actually took my idea, changed a couple of minor things, and said to me that I wouldn't have had the idea in the first place if it wasn't for him, all the while sending an email 9-pages long discussing all the things seriously wrong with me. That all started because I said to him very kindly that he can't take credit for the whole project I was working on because he added minor things, none of which I implemented, and then basically acted as though the whole thing was inspired by him.

I'm not just saying this, he's always been extremely jealous of my creativity. I don't think I'm a genius, or anything, but he lacks any ability to create a work of substance, of expression, and he hated me for it. He had stated many times when we were young that he wished he could draw as well as me and my sketching buddies, and I could tell he was very upset that he couldn't fit in with us. He spent the rest of our friendship treating me like an idiot, isolating me from "his friends," which are really his older brother's friends. He was always extremely judgmental of my condition and my personality, always saying really mean things about how you can't trust people who take medication (he said this when I took him out for dinner and paid for his meal), and when I reminded him I take medications all the time he laughed and I could tell he didn't give a shit how badly that hurt me.

He and his brother would always get really, really insulting and make fun of me, calling me a "hippie" because of this college test his brother took to gauge a person's personality by color-coding it. I was very much in the "blue" section, meaning I'm passionate and emotional, and I had said that I want to be a filmmaker, and that all good art conveys emotion on some level, and they basically sat there for hours laughing at me and saying how stupid that is. There's a whole, long story on why I found out why he lacks any understanding of emotion, but I won't get into any farther than I have. For summation, he was always extremely mean for really no logical reason, always pointing out my flaws, and when I called him on it he stated very plainly, "The whole reason to have friends is to have them tell you your flaws." I still don't get his reasoning there. That is an exact quote.
vessel

Postby vessel » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:26 am

PERFECTaNATomy wrote:Does it help you to talk to people online, vessel? Or just in the real world?

Neither, anymore. I don't feel connected to anyone, but that's normal for people with my condition. I feel as though I'm literally drifting through a black void, and my voice is getting lost in the darkness when I speak to people. It's like they aren't even there. I'm medicated, but it's totally experiemental shit because no doctor has bothered prescribing anything safe or good. Total crap-shoot. Nothing sticks.

The only reason I could think of why I kept being around this guy is because I had no one else. I knew him since I was in third grade, and I never really knew how to make new friends. So I endured.
vessel

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:39 am

I'm somewhat on the fence here. My friends and I and my foster brothers and I have traditionally been exceptionally cruel to one another. But at the same time, we mostly do it because to get any reaction out people as cold as most of us are, you really have to take it to an incredible level. Being someone's friend or brother, I've always seen it as my job to make sure that every button is pushed and every weakness exposed and therethrough toughened, and we all understand this. But there's a subtle but enormous difference between what I describe and what you describe. It may be possible that he wasn't trying to crush you and was being an ass in a loving kind of way and your condition makes these kinds of things hard to distinguish (I don't really know how it works), but at the same time you can tell when someone is being crushed like that and if you're not a jerkoff, you back off with that shit.
Extreme Allah

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic