Whats your dream lifestyle?

Anything Goes

Postby vessel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:22 am

nattiep wrote:Dunno what I want. I've always firgured I'd be dead by 20 anyway, so I never really figured it out.

Why the hell is that?
vessel

Postby nattiep » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:02 am

vessel wrote:
nattiep wrote:Dunno what I want. I've always firgured I'd be dead by 20 anyway, so I never really figured it out.

Why the hell is that?

Dunno, just a feeling. I've always felt in a rush to do stuff before then.
MENDOZAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
nattiep

Postby vessel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:34 am

I can imagine living in an art deco house. Really elegant, never gaudy, like some people associate with the style. Classic 1930's Hollywood, with my favorite art and classic film posters adorning my walls. I won't get into too much detail, but I've got the whole thing worked out. I just need the money.

I'd do Cribs, just to show the audience something completely different. I've been watching it online for like three hours now, and it goes from boring as fuck with no personality, to gaudy and tacky as shit, a complete eyesore that only someone without a tick of common sense or style would even imagine organizing. Holy shit, what the fuck. I'd be very humble about it, mentioning that I'm not one to show off, but I'd like to share my vision of both cozy and homey. The MTV audience isn't used to seeing art deco, so I'd think it would intrigue a few people. Other than that I don't think Cribs is very good for young people to watch, because I don't think much of the audience has been instilled with values about being grateful for what you have, and not to focus on materialism so much, but I still think It'd be awesome to show people how good retro can look if done right.
vessel

Postby Extreme Allah » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:23 am

Cardplayer.com does a webcast that's like Cribs, but all professional card players. More and more it's all online pros, a lot of whom I "know," in one way or another, and it's fantastic:

They buy these retarded houses and condos in Vegas. There are two variants of this occurrence: one is they have no taste, knowledge or interest in anything other than poker, so they all buy these identical, all-white places, with the same floor plan, and fill them with the same decorations as their poker-playing friends, who know nothing about them either, and the exact same toys; pool table, the "nicest" flat panel at Best Buy, Xbox, etc.

The other is more up my alley; it's the same house (you can buy these identical Vegas boxes, huge as they are, for dirt, compared to actual cities), absolutely bursting with like 15 housemates, all millionaires, all with one possession in the world: a multi-monitored computer. There's nothing. A solid 80% of them literally don't have bed frames; they sleep on mattresses on the floors of whitewashed rooms, with holes kicked in walls from bad runs, empty food containers everywhere...all presented with no irony.

It fascinates me, because at this rate, I'm going to be at that level by the time I'm their age, if not this winter, more and more of my "friends" are internet pros I know from the forums, all of whom will probably end up in Vegas buy the time I'm 21, and I have no goals or interest or taste or motivation, and I pretty much just sit around all day trying to get to the same level as these tasteless assholes. I joke about turning into the miserable old cardroom Jew with no friends, which may or may not be the case, but in my immediate feature is that. I'm going to be sitting on a floor of a filthy bedroom in the the desert, playing 20 tables, when I'm 30, and it's not going to be cool or cute anymore.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby vessel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:44 am

You can buy everything but taste.

I hear love comes cheap nowadays.
vessel

Postby vessel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:17 am

Actually, with my career aspirations and the audience I'll probably attract, I'll get turned down even if I asked to be on Cribs. I've been watching it all night, and there's no way I could hold anyone's interest, other than those young people who'd like to see all the crazy 'ol shit I've collected. I was even thinking about when I would show off my screening room, I'd have some silent film, like Vampyre or The Passion of Joan Arc, on display in the background, because the whole theater would be designed from the aesthetic of classic film theaters from the 30's and 40's, and a fullscreen, black and white film would look awesome being played in there. Plus, I love them, and it would have been a huge change of pace from what I've been watching. Every goddamn celebrity, especially the black celebs, all have Scarface shit everywhere, and I'm probably the only one in the world who prefers the original Howard Hughes film to that annoying 80's crapfest.

I swear I'm not an elitist, and that I'm too cool for this MTV shit, but I just don't think they'd find anything remotely interesting about how I imagine my lifestyle being 26 years from now. Maybe I'll add a bunch of bitches and ho's in the background, wearing very little, just randomly placed in the background.
vessel

Postby kale » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:41 pm

Extreme Allah wrote:I'm going to be sitting on a floor of a filthy bedroom in the the desert, playing 20 tables, when I'm 30, and it's not going to be cool or cute anymore.

Anymore?
пошлость ː جاهلية
kale

Postby thevoid99 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:01 am

Me as an aspiring auteur, for a while I'd live in Brooklyn running a little studio where on the top floor will be my loft and then a few floors down, it would be my post-production room where me and my editor will edit shit and scarfe on whatever.

The floor above will be my office and meeting room to discuss scripts and such. It'd be a madhouse. Everyone slack off and do nothing.

Then, I'd be in my Dylan-esque reclusive period where I'd live in a house in the middle of the woods in Woodstock, NY all alone next to a lake.

For my Euro period. Live in Berlin near what used to be the Berlin Wall and just experiment with films and music in a loft.
"I wanna be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal from "Secretary"
thevoid99

Postby greash » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:51 am

thevoid99 wrote:For my Euro period. Live in Berlin near what used to be the Berlin Wall and just experiment with films and music in a loft.
I like the sound of that. Good plan.
Some people will offer you their hand and some won't
Last night I knew you, tonight I don't
I need somethin' strong to distract my mind
I'm gonna look at you 'til my eyes go blind
greash

Postby vessel » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:02 am

Except for the location, I was hoping to have an editing suite, sound facilities, and other post-production utilites in my house, ala Robert Rodriquez. I would just sit in there with my editor, who I want to be Lee Smith, and we'd hammer out the editing all day and all night until we hit the right orientation. Avid stations would be available, but I guess the sound facilities would be a little too technical, so I'll probably do what everyone else in America does, and hire Skywalker Sound. Post-production is actually what I'm looking foward to most; sitting up for endless hours, editing and getting the emotional flow just right, with my glass of red whine and too much good food to list. That sounds like Heaven.
vessel

Postby greash » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:14 am

Why not Berlin? It has a fantastic underground music scene.
greash

Postby plop » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:17 am

greash wrote:Why not Berlin? It has a fantastic underground music scene.

Maybe the distance? I have heard that most germans are bilingual, but not very happy of having to learn english.
"The heart has reasons that reason can not understand" Blaise Pascal :D
plop

Postby greash » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:22 am

plop wrote:

Maybe the distance? I have heard that most germans are bilingual, but not very happy of having to learn english.

Thats fine. I should probably learn another language anyway :D:D
greash

Postby vessel » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:36 am

I want to stay in Washington and California most of my creative life. I just like these places, and feel more comfortable here.
vessel

Postby plop » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:38 am

greash wrote:
plop wrote:

Thats fine. I should probably learn another language anyway :D:D

Hmmm... I guess being in New Zealand, almost everything but Australia -and Tasmania- must feel remote, so I guess for you the "distance" factor is kinda bleh.
"The heart has reasons that reason can not understand" Blaise Pascal :D
plop

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic