Google Chrome anyone try it?

Anything Goes

Postby Huc » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:10 am

I'm waiting for general concensus, and it seems like it loads pages faster, a bit easier to use. But I tend to be cautious, and Chrome can wait. Another thing that I dont like is that it also collects more data from you. Sorry, it's not like I'm giving not enough data already. :?

I mostly use IE6, and occasionally Firefox, like right now. Tried Opera back in 97, it was ok, but haven't found it worthwhile to completely switch browsers. My IE6 runs ok, and have not given me much problems, contrary to what some Firefox fans say. :wink:
Huc

Postby buttsie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:27 am

They all have their faults but for mine let some of the other bunnies work out the bugs.Guaranteed there will many :idea:

Reviews say its not that far ahead(if even that) of whats already about
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_10365347? ... ost_viewed

When I hear/read of all these new browsers quicker faster I roll the eyes and think..I bet its measured in milliseconds...hardly noticeable to the naked eye...you want faster surfing..clean your registry...empty your cache...defragment...upgrade your hardware...get a faster connection etc

IE for mine has numerous shortcomings but for my piddly 256 ram xp system its the fastest to load

Firefox moves like a snail on my system and isnt without its own security issues

Opera has been recommended by a few who should know

If I ever get motivated opera would be the choice or maybe one of the lesser knowns like k-meleon(downsized firefox built for windows)

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-fr ... rowser.htm
buttsie

Postby buttsie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:49 am

Just downloaded it and tried it on a few sites and its speed is 2nd to none to anything I've ever used

Its lack of RAM needed is impressive

Similar to firefox installed 3rd party software is a problem
Asked for flash to play the same videos on the frontpage I'd played with IE earlier

Its a beta version so these sorts of shortcomings are too be expected
but it looks promisingspeed and use of ram wise
buttsie

Postby silversurfer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:41 am

its really faster and also the start of the App. runs much faster !!!!
The also mentioned Memory-Usage is impressive....

But the Security and especially the Privacy-Issue is a big questionmark ?

(it would not be nice if the Browser sents Data/logs home to Google)

ps: the installation path is a little bit strange!!!!
Last edited by silversurfer on Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
wahrlich keiner ist weise der nicht das Dunkel kennt,das unentrinnbar und leise von allen Ihn trennt!(H.Hesse)
silversurfer

Postby kale » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:41 am

It's blue.

Firefox 3 runs like a tractor on my dump of a machine, so, not liking IE7 enough to switch back, I'm in the market for a shiny sleek replacement.

But I don't want to be too Googlized. I have 5 GMails.
пошлость ː جاهلية
kale

Postby robot » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:39 pm

Lifehacker has done some <a href="http://lifehacker.com/5044668/beta-browser-speed-tests-which-is-fastest">speed tests</a> between Chrome, Firefox 3.1 and IE 8, if anyone's interested on some numbers there.

I haven't tried Chrome, but I might eventually. It doesn't look <i>bad</i> or anything, I just don't have any problems with Firefox and am fine where I am.
robot

Postby Planet-Ex » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:58 pm

I am happy with my FireFox 3.0. I am used to this and I won't change that soon. Especially not to the google empire or the cool kids (safari).
aussietrooper20 wrote:she doesnt like touching the real ones to use in real life, exept the fake ones for films.
Planet-Ex

Postby buttsie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:25 pm

robot wrote:Lifehacker has done some <a href="http://lifehacker.com/5044668/beta-browser-speed-tests-which-is-fastest">speed tests</a> between Chrome, Firefox 3.1 and IE 8, if anyone's interested on some numbers there.

I haven't tried Chrome, but I might eventually. It doesn't look <i>bad</i> or anything, I just don't have any problems with Firefox and am fine where I am.

Those results really dont surprise me as I've always thought its your own computers set-up & hardware limitations that really matter as regards the performance of your browser

If your PC has decent hardware its firefox set up properly all the way
If your PC is a rust bucket in need of funeral chrome/safari? could be a decent alternative once it comes out of the beta testing

Didnt even realise IE8 was out or available for testing :roll:

Edit-the good and the bad

downloads at twice the free for free rapidshare users

if the browser crashes theres no restarting broken downloads/uploads
buttsie

Return to Off-Topic