The Relationship Thread

Anything Goes

The Relationship Thread

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:19 am

I've made this thread a bunch of times, but it always becomes dedicated to one relationship I have, and the sick things that are specifically wrong with me, because I give it a cute name or something. And since we seem to be at an all-time high for involved posters: post away.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:25 am

Here it begins:

So tonight, my girlfriend said she thought she loved me, and asked if I loved her. This is a tough spot, because I don't know what that means. I was extremely honest: basically I have great affection for her, and I don't believe love is some specific magical thing and is no more special than what we probably have, but since society puts so much importance on the word, I was hesitant to use it for such a young relationship. Now she's pretty upset (she cried), and says she feels like it's a cop out. I don't believe she does. I think she's trying to bully me into saying something she wants me to say. Thoughts?
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:47 am

omgzrachel wrote:Didn't you two just start going out?

Kinda'. A hair over a month.
Extreme Allah

Postby buttsie » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:50 am

Its an interesting subject LOVE

I think those that say it so early in a relationship dont really understand it
Sounds more like she wants reassurance your not just in it for the obvious

I had this one encounter with a female workmate that I knew pretty well who pronounced her undieing LUST for me and topped it off by saying
" I might even grow to love you"

To me that puts love in perfect perspective...it takes time

The moment you veer from the direction shes heading in you'll find shes no longer in love with you :idea:
buttsie

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:03 am

I don't know that a month is like insane. We're pretty close; we spend about 6hrs./day together, and she would probably sleep here if we weren't on such opposite sleep schedules. But I feel like my response was extremely honest and articulate, and she just wigged out like a girl. She otherwise seems so mature, so I was half-hoping to hear a good argument for why I was wrong.

Normally the girls I date are much older than I am, which may in part account for why I never have to deal with this stuff.
Extreme Allah

Postby buttsie » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:09 am

omgzrachel wrote:
Extreme Allah wrote:
omgzrachel wrote:Didn't you two just start going out?

Kinda'. A hair over a month.

That's still a bit soon to be whipping out the L word.

I LIKE you a whole lot sounds just right :P
buttsie

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:14 am

I guess what most people would do would be to simply say it, but it's going to make it that much harder when I get all moody and distant or when she catches an eyeful of Jarad the Business Major's tight jeans, and things go South.
Extreme Allah

Postby maverick88 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Extreme Allah wrote:Here it begins:

So tonight, my girlfriend said she thought she loved me, and asked if I loved her. This is a tough spot, because I don't know what that means. I was extremely honest: basically I have great affection for her, and I don't believe love is some specific magical thing and is no more special than what we probably have, but since society puts so much importance on the word, I was hesitant to use it for such a young relationship. Now she's pretty upset (she cried), and says she feels like it's a cop out. I don't believe she does. I think she's trying to bully me into saying something she wants me to say. Thoughts?

It's possible she was trying to bully you, I don't know her so I can't really say and like you said you were being honest so you'll just have to wait and see what happens.
"If it's Sunday, it's Meet The Press" - Tim Russert
maverick88

Postby Shantih » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:32 pm

I think a month's too soon. Thankfully I think my boyfriend knows that if he tried that right now I'd freak the hell out.

And yet sometimes I find myself wondering what dress I'd wear at our wedding. Aren't I just the worst?
Shantih

Postby JenR » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:39 pm

theres no reason why she should cry, if ur not sure if ur in love with her then its better to not say it, bcuz u wont be lying. and she shouldnt force it out of u.

especially after a month. thats creepy.
JenR

Postby greash » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:05 pm

yeah not creepy just real soon. She sounds really into you though. Dont let her eagerness bully you into saying something you dont feel ! She'll get over excited and self combust or something.
Some people will offer you their hand and some won't
Last night I knew you, tonight I don't
I need somethin' strong to distract my mind
I'm gonna look at you 'til my eyes go blind
greash

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Weird day. I may not love you, buttercup, but I think I may get a chance to hate you if you keep going psycho.
Extreme Allah

Postby Carlito Brigante » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:24 am

I met a Jewish girl last week. I told her I loved her in about 4 minutes. Personal record for me. I mean she did gave me her number so I must've done something right. Anyhow, there's an easier way to get around the problem. You call yourself a person of love, and you can express love freely in any of its facets. That way you can express your love for her without involving any real emotional feelings. As it is your love for women in general. You love women and therfor you love her. In the end, I still think that respect is the greater expression of love.
Carlito Brigante

Postby JenR » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:39 am

i've only told gay guys that i've loved them.
JenR

Postby buttsie » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:44 am

You worried the straight ones might still be in the closet? :P
buttsie

Next

Return to Off-Topic