Antisocials?

Anything Goes

Antisocials?

Postby Carlito Brigante » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:06 pm

Sometimes I find it hard to deal with being an antisocial person. There's just something about holding a cell phone and dialing a number and talking for an hour. It gives me sinus pressure.

It's just talking. The egos. Getting interrupted everytime you want to say something. The superficiality of common conversations. Sometimes people also act as if they know what the hell they're talking about and they're always hilariously wrong.

I go to a bar and people are always tripping on you. And then you accidentaly grab a woman's ass and then they look at you like a horny freak. Then you start having a headache after a significant amount of drinks, all of which you have to drink fast enough or else another round of drinks comes and you end up with a drink on each hand. And finally it's 3:00 am and the bouncers start screaming at you to live the premises. So when we arrive to the car, there's a cat fight over whose going to drive because everybody's drunk.

There's something about social relations that simply make no sense to me.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Herzwerk R.o.D » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:38 pm

That's only the 1st part.

Then, when you go out of the asocialibilty, you become someone soooo good, funny, interesting, et cetera that girls prefer "to stay friends".

Morale: Antisocial or not, we won't get laid.
The geeks, Natalie Portman, Paris Hilton naked and Britney Spears's cunt shall inherit the Earth.
Herzwerk R.o.D

Postby plop » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:16 pm

As a matter of fact, I got tired of socializing like ten years ago. It is soooo bored... :roll: I mean it, not joking.

Edit: Except a meet with friends. With people you really care. In the house of someone and in a pacific mood. On the other hand, that isn´t what people use to call "socialize", so...
"The heart has reasons that reason can not understand" Blaise Pascal :D
plop

Postby quick_wit » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:26 am

not exactly an antisocial but sometimes i just want to be alone and not deal with other people's drama, especially girls. I think my small group of female friends is enough to deal with. I'm pretty much destined to meet people that I don't want to, maybe I don't look nerdy enough to be avoided by the clueless types. When I got a job I made sure I picked up a guy friend.

Maybe I really do need to work in a hospital to avoid these people.
quick_wit

Postby JenR » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:46 am

my psychology teacher told us about this man who did a bunch of sick things (she met him in a prison), and he had the antisocial disorder.

she said he scared the crap out of her bcuz he was talkative, nice, charming, and everything girls look for in a man, and it scared her because of what he's done to get into prison.
JenR

Postby Spoonbat » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:01 am

I guess you can call me antisocial. I'm somewhat of a recluse. I socialize with my family and my immediate circle of friends but that's all. Old friends I've fallen out of touch with over the past few years -- so I'm not that social. I haven't been out with old friends in quite a while. Usually me and my bud or me and my girlfriend go out and get drunk as a skunk.

Is that being antisocial? I also don't really like to associate with strangers.

If somebody asks me a question - I usually just nod yes or shake my head no. I don't really like talking to people I don't know.

I'm sure there's a disorder for that but it's name escapes me at the moment.
Spoonbat

Postby robot » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:06 am

I thought antisocial had to do with hating/hurting people, and being shy and anxious around others is more, like, non-social.

I am definitely a wallflower.
robot

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:42 pm

Herzwerk R.o.D wrote:Then, when you go out of the asocialibilty, you become someone soooo good, funny, interesting, et cetera that girls prefer "to stay friends".

That's true, though "staying friends" with a girl is a big plus for me considering my situation.

I go out with a friend and he gets obsessed over this girl on a bar and he starts hitting on her. As it turns out, the girl spents the entire night rejecting the guy and ultimately starts hitting on me, at which point I'm lucky if I have time to get her number. And obviously, my friend won't budge, so chances are that we might end up arguing or even fighting. So after we end up fighting, I'd be lucky if the woman really wants to "stay friends".
Carlito Brigante

Postby buttsie » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:16 pm

robot wrote:I thought antisocial had to do with hating/hurting people, and being shy and anxious around others is more, like, non-social.

I am definitely a wallflower.

If we were talking about the disorder then correct

The anti-social term is such a crock of shit

If I choose to only go out once/twice a week and friends go out 4 nights I'm anti-social never mind the fact that while they might go to different places their doing the same thing every time...like being groundhog day
mind numbing

Do what makes you happy and forget the labels
buttsie

Postby greash » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:10 pm

buttsie wrote:
Do what makes you happy and forget the labels

Got it in one buttsie :D :D
Some people will offer you their hand and some won't
Last night I knew you, tonight I don't
I need somethin' strong to distract my mind
I'm gonna look at you 'til my eyes go blind
greash

Postby quick_wit » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:09 am

Many people define the world literally, that's why being avoidant gets tagged as being antisocial. Then there's the people who generalize it in attempt to label someone that's different from them.
quick_wit

Postby JenR » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:32 am

JenR wrote:my psychology teacher told us about this man who did a bunch of sick things (she met him in a prison), and he had the antisocial disorder.

she said he scared the crap out of her bcuz he was talkative, nice, charming, and everything girls look for in a man, and it scared her because of what he's done to get into prison.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial ... y_disorder
JenR

Postby Extreme Allah » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:39 am

1. Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;

[x]

2. Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;

[x]

3. Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;

[ ]

4. Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;

[ ]

5. Reckless disregard for safety of self or others;

[x]

6. Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;

[ ]

7. Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

[x]
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:01 pm

I get 3, 5 (concerning others) and 7 (mostly indifference), some of 2 and little bit of 6. My conning career was cut short when I got busted by my dad - he saw the stash in my pencil case, wrong move. I forgot how but I was able to get my classmate to give me her lunch money everyday when I was in 3rd grade - no force used. The twisted thing was, I thought it was perfectly okay until my dad told me it was wrong.
quick_wit

Re: .

Postby plop » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:04 am

Spoonbat wrote:I guess you can call me antisocial. I'm somewhat of a recluse. I socialize with my family and my immediate circle of friends but that's all. Old friends I've fallen out of touch with over the past few years -- so I'm not that social. I haven't been out with old friends in quite a while. Usually me and my bud or me and my girlfriend go out and get drunk as a skunk.

Is that being antisocial? I also don't really like to associate with strangers.

If somebody asks me a question - I usually just nod yes or shake my head no. I don't really like talking to people I don't know.

I'm sure there's a disorder for that but it's name escapes me at the moment.

"Adulthood". the word is a-dult-hood :D

Edit II: I totally agree with Omgzrachel; all the times that I have heared the word "antisocial" has been used as a synonimous of "delinquent".
"The heart has reasons that reason can not understand" Blaise Pascal :D
plop

Return to Off-Topic