Postby Axwell » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:56 pm

:P thanks dazza and lh!
Btw I didn't get the internet joke.... O_o
Axwell

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby LH458 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Axwell wrote::P thanks dazza and lh!
Btw I didn't get the internet joke.... O_o

ok, maybe u are too young for that, but between Netherlands and Germany are always a FUNNY "war" (Soccer and so one.......), so i'm trying to be a witty Person.....which doesn't work (as so often).............

From There, it was just a fiendly HELLO from a Neighbor :)
LH458

Postby Andy_Salander » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Andreas. I live in Toronto and am a film student wrapping up his undergraduate years in university. I write reviews and articles on movies and music.

I've been following this site for a while now with its images and news, so I figured why not join the forum.

I guess I should mention my favorite Natalie movies? Haha. Black Swan is my favorite, but I think you guys hear that a lot haha. I also like V for Vendetta, Closer, and The Professional. To be honest I tend to prefer Natalie in her movies than some of her actual movies as a whole (Hesher I liked for her and Joseph's performances, that's about it, and I didn't like much about Cold Mountain except for some of the performances, including hers which is one of her best).

My absolute favorite movies (Top Ten) are the following in order: The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Schindler's List, Mulholland Drive, Chinatown, The Battle of Algiers, There Will Be Blood, Persona, Alien, Raging Bull, Lawrence of Arabia.

My favorite bands/musicians (Top Ten) are in order: My Bloody Valentine, Björk, David Bowie, The Smiths, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, The Beach Boys, Daft Punk, Converge, Brian Eno, Animal Collective.

My favorite TV shows (yep, Top Ten again) are, again, in order: Six Feet Under, Arrested Development, The Wire, Freaks and Geeks, Twin Peaks, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Fringe, The Twilight Zone.

Oh, and I love Spongebob (first three seasons anyways), Animaniacs, Ren and Stimpy, Sealab 2021, and other cartoons, because, I'm six.

I'm actually turning twenty four.

EDIT: Why not throw in my favorite actors? Daniel Day-Lewis, Peter O'Toole, Faye Dunaway, Audrey Hepburn, Noomi Rapace, John Malkovich, Kate Winslet, Al Pacino, Marion Cotillard, Javier Bardem, Cate Blanchett, Cary Grant, Jessica Chastain and Michael Fassbender.

Anyways I'm glad to be here, hope to meet all of you, and if you have any questions feel free to ask! I love questions of any kind. Hello everyone!
Andy_Salander

Postby Axwell » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:42 pm

:D Welcome!

Your list of favorite "everything" is massive lols
Anyway I hope you will enjoy it here!

-bai
EDIT: dat depressing signature btw
Axwell

Postby Andy_Salander » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Thanks!

Oh no is my list "lols" in a bad way or? =[ Ahahaha

I'm going to change my signature but I decided not to leave it empty haha. I just don't know what to put there at the moment!
Andy_Salander

Postby Dazza » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Welcome, see you in the movie thread!

Speaking of which, I need to get around to posting my recent movie watching.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Andy_Salander » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Thank you!

Ooo I think I'll have a hotspot already!
Andy_Salander

Postby danielvision » Fri May 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Greetings everyone around the world,

my name is Daniel a.k.a. danielvision, born May '87 Austria, I've been a fan of Natalie ever since western european premiere of SW:TPM in '99 when I was innocent 12 years old.
Like all Geminis I got to know I'm getting very immersed and (almost?) obsessed with things I'm interested in; therefore kindof naturally my interest for Nat became obsessive enough to cut out pictures of her from newspapers etc. [personal thought: I guess at least a handfull of the veterans here started like this?] and - to my mother's dislike - glue them on my wall (which I never did with any other celebrity... [personal thought: She's like a Mona Lisa kindof - why wouldn't I want to have the Mona Lisa on my walls?!]).

Constantly keeping track of Natalie on the web [retrospection: It was a really thrilling time "back then" as every second day new tidbits of information were showing up: from childhood photographs over quotes to interviews and behindthescenes/private candits/phtoshoots etc.] while evolving some webdesign knowledge I was soon involved in a fansite (natalieempire.com) to create a new design and fill the image gallery (had an HDD devoted to Natalie images at that time).

When she went to Harvard initially my biggest dream was to - obviously - go to Harvard VE RI TAS aswell one day, preferably something philosophy or psychology related -- living in Europe it was Mission Impossible to convince my parents.
Quite abrput my commitment to the NP fanscene stopped when I finished my postsecundary education to information technology officer and got drafted for mandatory military service [I couldn't even stay in touch with the staff of natalieempire.com unfortunately and still don't know whether it's still run by the guys from back then].

Followed up by very consuming employments I never really found time to join up again untill now and lost track of Nat completely for quite some years. [Though I still quite regularly listened to Frou Frou - Let Go as it's my absolute favorite heart-warming Nat-related soundtrack ever.]
Having more time on hands nowadays I'm drilling down on everything Nat-related again very intensely and am happy there's still some like-minded out there that I'm sure to find on this board.

Looking forward to getting to know the crowd & wishing everyone a nice weekend
danielvision
"He who makes a beast of himself
gets rid of the pain of being a man."

- Dr. Johnson
danielvision

Postby Axwell » Fri May 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Wow quite a Nat history you got! :D
It amazes me how early some people started well following Natalie I guess, and are still interested in her.

Anyway welcome! I love your avatar thingy btw :)
Axwell

Postby Dazza » Mon May 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Welcome!
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Stefan » Mon May 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Ah ein Österreicher :)
Welcome :D
The German Natalie Fan site: http://www.portman-natalie.net
Stefan

Postby Frank » Tue May 14, 2013 6:06 am

My turn :)

Frank my name - I'm from germany :D
After Stefan had some problems with the german law, I'm the new owner of the german Natalie Portman fanpage.
And because with a .DE-domain you can't post any kind of pictures (the german law sucks!) I've decided to take the whole site to http://www.portman-natalie.net
A nice fanhoster accepted my application and so I don't have to register anywhere with my name and my adress.

What else ... ?
I'm 34 years young, Natalie fan, of course, since Léon and happy to be here :)
Any questions? Just ask!

Regards!
The german Natalie Portman Fanpage: http://www.portman-natalie.net
Frank

Postby Axwell » Tue May 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Oh wow so he did find someone to sell it to :P
Welcome to the English forums I guess! :D
Axwell

Postby Belerofonte » Tue May 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Hello everyone. I'm from Spain and some time ago I read the website. It is one of the best fan pages I've seen and read regularly.

I am a fan of Natalie for years (probably since Beautiful Girls). I think it's a great actress and beautiful woman.

My English is not very good, but I'll try to contribute when I have occasion.

A salute :)
Belerofonte

Postby Dazza » Wed May 22, 2013 8:50 am

Hola

That's quite a long fandom indeed. Welcome.
Dazza
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic