Celebrities reacting to the Papparazzi

Anything Goes

Celebrities reacting to the Papparazzi

Postby buttsie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:42 am

Saw a small snippet of Hugh Grant kicking one of them a few days ago

How far is too far given that this site would be a lot less busy without their input?
Last edited by buttsie on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
buttsie

Postby buttsie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:04 am

Its not hard to understand why they do it

A years salary or more of an average worker for the right picture really must be like a red rag to a bull

I've heard some staggering amounts bandied around that magazines are prepared to pay

I still cant help thinking of them as parasites but then if we buy the magazines its kind of hypocritical
Last edited by buttsie on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
buttsie

Postby robot » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:12 am

Rachel wrote:On one hand it I feel that it comes with the territory, but on the other, the paparazzi seem to have gotten bolder and nastier over time. Yelling at peoples' kids to get a reaction (Jennifer Garner and her daughter come to mind), grabbing/touching (Natalie Portman getting snatched by the collar of her sweater), verbal abuse (photogs calling Natalie and Rebecca Romijn bitches because they wouldn't pose for pictures), camping out on celebrities' driveways, harassment in general (Britney Spears, who seems to genuinely want to just be left alone, being stalked and mobbed everywhere she even thinks about going) is crossing the line between getting a picture and being a huge asshole.

Don't forget those photos of celebrities in their backyards taken from planes. So creepy.

And upskirts. That's just gross behavior, paps.

I mean, I can understand wanting to take a picture of a celebrity you see out and about or something, but camping out and stalking and that kind of behavior just seems so inappropriate. I seem to remember hearing about proposed laws that'd try to cut this sort of thing out, but I guess they went nowhere.
robot

Postby buttsie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:24 am

I can recall seeing some papps trying slyly to photo jessica alba or jennifer love hewitt from in the gutter as they got into a 4 wheel drive..sleazy but judging by the plethora of sleazy celeb sites which reduce an actress to when she flashed her body parts its to be expected

@rachel...I slightly exaggerated the effect of the candids
I suppose without them it would show up who the true fans are

Given how Nats professional output is best described as sporadic you'd be left with the diehard fans in between official engagements & films etc
buttsie

Postby robot » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:37 am

Rachel wrote:ugh, I forgot about the upskirts. Especially when the targets seem to mostly be teenage girls. D:

Hasn't Emma Watson given interviews where she talked about how incredibly gross the paparazzi started to be the <i>day</i> she turned 18? Ugh.

buttsie wrote:I can recall seeing some papps trying slyly to photo jessica alba or jennifer love hewitt from in the gutter as they got into a 4 wheel drive..sleazy but judging by the plethora of sleazy celeb sites which reduce an actress to when she flashed her body parts its to be expected

Classy.
robot

Postby buttsie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:48 am

Funny but that was the one I had in mind.I've never understood the up the skirt appeal.Waiting for females to get out of cars and getting the panty or less shot really is trashy

Nice to know my memory somehow incorporated a 4 wheel drive into the mix

Nurse wheres my midday memory medication
buttsie

Postby maverick88 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:24 am

The majority of paps are annoying and dicks just like Dazza mentioned on his update.
"If it's Sunday, it's Meet The Press" - Tim Russert
maverick88

Return to Off-Topic