Jen's Lost Generation of Society Corner

Anything Goes

Re: Jen's Lost Generation of Society Corner

Postby buttsie » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:32 am

Rachel wrote:Don't forget watching cat videos on YouTube! (Portal 2 is pretty high up there. I'm considering Skyrim, but idk.)

Not forgetting whacktheboss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQTvBTzn4-8
buttsie

Postby robot » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:57 am

If there's ever a Wonder Woman movie / tv show / anything-at-all, they totally need to get Kate Beaton to write it.
robot

Postby quick_wit » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:18 am

That would be frickin' awesome.
quick_wit

Postby thevoid99 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:44 am

robot wrote:If there's ever a Wonder Woman movie / tv show / anything-at-all, they totally need to get Kate Beaton to write it.

There was a Wonder Woman pilot made with Adrienne Palicki in the role but it was so bad that it never went on the air.
"I wanna be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal from "Secretary"
thevoid99

Postby robot » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:11 am

That's because Kate Beaton didn't write it.

https://twitter.com/#!/beatonna/media/grid
robot

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:39 pm

Are Jen amid Robot still alive?
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:01 pm

That's a shame. She was so into this place back in the day, I'm surprised she doesn't at least check in now and then.
Extreme Allah

Postby JenR » Mon May 19, 2014 5:12 pm

i realize that's it's been over a year since i've posted on this forum, or even been to NP.com, this last year has been really rough on me, in good ways and bad. I'll give you guys a quick run down of my last year.

Me and my fiance David started having a lot of bad issues with me trusting him and him lying to me about things right after my last post. It was bad. His uncle died the following month(May) and we decided to work through our problems and that he would change.

The same month, my nephew's biological dad was taken to court to be striped from his rights. He told my sister a lot of threats, and bullshit. Come court day, he didnt show up, and was stripped of his rights, and my sisters husband (who's been raising Zane 2-3 prior) adopted him. Good times.

That fall me and David started to feel a strain on our relationship again, and I felt he was going back to his old ways (we even had an incident on our 5th year anniversary). He assured me that he wasn't, and i felt like shit for not trusting him. This continued until this past April. He was getting angry with me bcuz I was always at school working on my photography assignments in the dark room, and he didn't like how I was working weddings on the weekends, and having to go on school bus trips. While i was on my way to San Antonio, for a work convention, where photographers compete with their school, he called me and told me that he had been lying to me the whole time, an proceeded to tell me all the things i did wrong in the relationship, which was being a full time student, and working a couple weddings, and spending time with my family (which he refused to be around for long). In the end, he believes i wasn't spending as much time with him as he wanted (and i was spending time with him) and that's why he's reverted back to doing his old habits. But, that doesn't make since when i would be spending time with him and he's leave because "a friend needed help" with something every week, and he couldn't come home at night for some excuse.

so 5 years gone, but I'm doing good. I don't need someone who's going to lie to me, and turn it around as if everything's my fault, when I've done the best i can being a full time student, balancing classes, work, and family. But you know, people dont always work out, and it usually happens because they're not meant for each other. I need to find someone who isn't going to punish me for working hard and wanting to be with my family, and he needs to be with someone who he doesn't feel the need to lie to. I haven't spoke to him in a while, but he's apparently seen me around.

I graduate with my bachelors in December and i have an exhibition to create, so that's what i'm going to be working on this summer through fall.

:edit:

i didn't know this, but apparently today's the day I joined NP forum back in '07.
JenR

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue May 20, 2014 1:06 am

Congratulations on graduating and all the stuff with your photography.

Sorry to hear about you and your fiance. I broke it off with a fiancee once, when I was younger (I may have discussed this, but thinking back, it's probably just a weird an idea to me as it is to you that I was getting married at all). It was kind of a shit storm, but at least we didn't figure it out after the wedding instead.

Don't think of it like losing 5 years. You were losing those years either way. In those five years, you got a degree, new skills, probably other cool shit. Maybe even an iPhone. The day I joined this forum, had you told me to pick between being married in seven years or having Google Maps and Wolfram Alpha in my pocket 24/7, it would have been a snap decision. Siri is just gravy.
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue May 20, 2014 1:09 am

Here is something crazy that is of no consolation to you as a somewhat normal person, but is at least interesting to me: if I'm in a monogamous relationship, and I suspect someone is cheating on me, I would rather be right. At least I know I'm still dialed in, and don't have to worry about being a dick.
Extreme Allah

Postby JenR » Tue May 20, 2014 2:31 am

I'm just butt hurt about having to accept that his family won't be my family anymore. I can't be with a liar so I'm just done and I'm doing good as long as he doesn't try to pick fights.
JenR

Postby Carlito Brigante » Thu May 22, 2014 6:33 pm

Jen, you did the right thing dumping the guy off. Sounds like he was bringing too much negativity into your life and manipulating you into feeling guilty. If you're doing all the right things then you have nothing to feel guilty about. It became an unhealthy relationship and you sound smart enough to recognize that. Don't give it to much sweat. There's plenty of dudes out there you can pick. Believe me, you can be with any guy you want. Just don't let it shake your confidence.

Honestly, at this point in my life I don't see relationships as being relationships. I see it more as me hanging out with my best friend who happens to be a girl. I mean do I have a girlfriend? Is that what they call her? I guess. Cool, then she's my girlfriend. Good deal. Call it whatever you want to call it. Doesn' matter that much to me what it's called.
Carlito Brigante

Postby JenR » Fri May 23, 2014 6:34 pm

Thanks mam, I really appreciate it. I'll find someone eventually, I hope. Maybe they'll be the same field that I am and loves family and are motivated.
JenR

Postby lamavene » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:15 pm

Sorry to hear about your problems (I also don´t visit the forum as often as I did back in the day).

But I see you were working on a movie recently. How was that?
lamavene

Postby Dazza » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:28 pm

I don't think many places can beat Cape Town for expense and nature, although you could argue I'm biased. However it's probably a lot more expensive to fly here, thus eliminating the cash saving side of it. Europe has the benefit of having many countries closely packed together so you could experience a range of cultures just by hopping from Holland to UK to France to Spain to Turkey or whatever.

Of the places I've been Norway was really pretty but damn expensive. Iceland was a true adventure and a different world, but it would be winter and that would not be ideal. Barcelona had an amazing night life and there is just so much activity going on, but not much nature.
Dazza
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic