Trip to Vegas

Anything Goes

Trip to Vegas

Postby JenR » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:54 am

had a interesting time there. just got back 5am last night. i'm still lazy from the trip, so i'll post interesting stories and pictures i took while there. during the week. for now, here a photo i took form a restaurant called FireFly.

the ceiling lights up, and is like a TV. a saxophone player was performing so the lighted area was over where he was playing down the street.
Last edited by JenR on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
JenR

Postby buttsie » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:47 am

Welcome back Sleepy

Love the photo...jenr photography.......gives a whole different impression of what i thought Las Vegas looked like
buttsie

Postby maverick88 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:48 am

Did you have fun Jen? Looking forward to seeing more pics of the trip.
"If it's Sunday, it's Meet The Press" - Tim Russert
maverick88

Postby Huc » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:29 am

hope you had fun. LV really does know how to make visitors shell out money. :lol:

For those of you wondering, that show(?) is called The Fremont Experience.

Just for lame linking
Katy Perry - Waking up in Vegas
Huc

Postby robot » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:05 am

How was the flight?
robot

Postby JenR » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:24 am

flight was okay.

i got to see the meteor crater in Arizona when i looked out the window... i think i annoyed the hell out of the woman sitting by the window, bcuz i was taking pictures. fucker her, she was a bitch.

flight on the way back was scary, when it came time to land bcuz it decided to be extremely foggy, so i didn't see any lights until we were about half a mile off the ground.

not to mention, before we boarded the plan we were informed a pilot was sick.. and now Im getting sick with flu-like symptoms, so i'm freaking out about that. bcuz i let my nephew lick my ice-cream earlier.

woke up to a AWESOME sunrise at 6am at the hotel.

i was really depressed the night before we had to come home, bcuz me and the bf went to the Luxor(pyramid) to see the Bodies museum, and we found out it was $35 a person, and all i had was $60 in my pocket.

so i took a picture of the poster...

i don't know why im so interested in going to see those museum, bcuz i have a huge Death Phobia, and all i'd be doing is looking at dead bodies everywhere in artistic positions. i've always been curious of seeing what our organs look like, but i know i would be taking abby steps in there, bcuz i'd be disturbed... but its so INTERESTING.

i absolutely love New York, New York.

and the street artists on Fremont Street (where our hotel was)

i didnt buy that painting, i bought a midnight sky one, that i almost left at the airport... oh my god, i would had been so my pissed off at myself if i did.

i finally got to take a traffic picture on my camera.

it was my 1st time to take one, so i accidentally made my camera take the picture too long so its brighter than i wanted it to be. and the car's lights are too long.

my 2nd attmpt didnt turn out as great, bcuz i wasnt able to sit my camera on anything, so the color is right, but its shakey.
JenR

Postby Huc » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:39 am

Love that 6am photo.

what? no Bellagio photos? :wink:
Huc

Postby JenR » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:13 pm

oh my god. lol

me and my bf went there to see the water show.

okay were up the stairs and standing ont he walk way that moves u so u dont have to walk (since its a long walk).

ok the water show starts, and i have a bunch of trees in MY view. so i take off running to get to the stair way, since there are no trees.

i get my camera ready.

we hear *BOOM* water shoots up in the air. I take a picture, and the show is over.

wtf. :roll:
JenR

Postby Huc » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:07 pm

LOL. Yeah they last about 4 minutes or so. Good news is that after 8pm they do it every 15 minutes. It is hard to get a good spot to take photos there. Did you see the garden inside the Bellagio? My mother liked it.(I didn't)

As for the night time photo, (MGM grand photo) did you try using your bf's shoulder as a stable platform? I don't know how much walkways shake but if you have someone that might be useful.
Huc

Postby JenR » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:19 pm

We didn't go insid. I wasn't feeling well, I blame it on this crab meat I ate. That I didn't know was crab. I'm not allergic to seafood/shell fish, but I always feel nauseated when I eat it.

Went walked like 2 miles to get to Luxor after water show... In our heads we were like "oh it's only 3 blocks away."

we didn't realize each block was like a half mile long. Hah.

After Luxor we needed to catch the bus and the bus stop was all the way by New York. So we ran out asses allll he way to the bus stop. I'm fixen to vomit everywhere running half a mile feeling nauseated.

The bus leaves went were like 50-100 feet away. BAH!!

It was a good laugh.
JenR

Postby Huc » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:45 am

yup. Lots of walking can be expected. :lol:
Huc

Postby Extreme Allah » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:41 pm

Nice pics, Jen.

Not to plan out so far in advance, but I think I'm going to go back on my most recent stance on Vegas and probably play the LHE championship and possibly the HORSE championship next summer, should I feel like it and should they be scheduled after my birthday, which should be just before.

Although, putting my name out there would probably hurt my political career.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby JenR » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:24 pm

too bad i came back with a ear infection and possibly the flu.
JenR

Postby Spoonbat » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:34 pm

I hope you haven't caught Swine Flu. :(

Wished I could have gone. I love Vegas. Interesting photo of the meteorite crater.

How much money did *you* lose? Any?
Spoonbat

Next

Return to Off-Topic