The Last Song Syndrome

Anything Goes

Postby thevoid99 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:52 am

Gym Class Heroes.... oh shit. Isn't that the same dude who did that stupid "Magic" song with Rivers Cuomo of Weezer?

I hate Weezer since they've released Make Believe.
"I wanna be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal from "Secretary"
thevoid99

Postby JenR » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:08 am

i enjoy weezer, and i kind of like that magic song, they dont play it alot here.

i also like the one that goes. "Oh oh, i wan sum mooRE." by neon trees or animals..

:edit:

nvm animal is the name of the song.
JenR

Postby JenR » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:44 am

until a couple months ago, i listened to this song every single day for 2 years.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnmGOR2p8_Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnmGOR2p8_Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
and of course when i'm home from school i have to listen to it all over again with the babe.

the worst, i swear, nick jr show ever is Jack's big Music Show. nothing against the show other than the annoying song skits.

"i'm sittin up- i'm 1 day old. i'm sittin up- i'm 2 days old. i'm sittin up- i'm 3 days old. i'm sittin up- i'm 4 day olds... Ooone daaaay i'll be a year, and i'll be 2 then 3 then 4...."

JenR

Postby JenR » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:31 pm

why did leslie hall have to be todays dancey dance.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d5pgUbxMsHQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d5pgUbxMsHQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

glitter hands, glitter hands, glitter hands, glitter hands. razzle dazzle. razzle dazzle.
JenR

Postby quick_wit » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:56 am

loving the suicide smiley jen, right now I can't get the teenage dream glee version outta my head
quick_wit

Postby JenR » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:24 am

gosh i dont bother with Glee :|

my art class listened to them all the time.
JenR

Postby quick_wit » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:13 am

i don't watch glee anymore, my co worker listens to that song all the time and now I'm contaminated with it
quick_wit

Postby thevoid99 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:45 am

I loathe Glee. I tried to watch an episode and I couldn't.

It's bad enough to hear how well the show is doing from the guy who did Running with Scissors. A film that I hated so much.

Yet, to hear Lea Michelle and some dude over-sing Journey's "Faithfully" and that fucking Paramore song.

Oh, that was it for me. I hated the singing. I hated the specials they have. I can't fucking stand it. Sure, the chicks are hot but man... I can't believe what Lea Michelle did to Hailee Steinfeld of True Grit. Hailee wanted an autograph and Lea just turned her down and made her cry.

Fuck that bitch. After all, who would you want an autograph from? Her or a combo with Matt Damon & the Dude?
"I wanna be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal from "Secretary"
thevoid99

Postby quick_wit » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:57 am

I didn't know that...most definitely an autograph from the dude, every time Flynn (the dad) speaks causally to his son and says "man" in the same sentence I always feel like he goes out of character and turns into the dude
quick_wit

yeap...

Postby celiavalerie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:22 pm

My friend works production on Glee and I still can't bear to watch it. I tried once. Couldn't take it. Too cheery and ridiculous. What's worse is I love Jane Lynch.
What's WAY worse is Party Down was a much better show with Jane Lynch and it no longer exists :(
celiavalerie

Postby JenR » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:11 pm

thevoid99 wrote:I loathe GleeIt's bad enough to hear how well the show is doing from the guy who did Running with Scissors. A film that I hated so much.

Joseph Cross isnt in Glee... :?

:edit:

nvm, ur talking about the director. :x
JenR

Postby buttsie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Rachel wrote:I haven't been able to bring myself to watch Glee based simply on how unbearably smug all of the characters look. I'm not even going to get into my thoughts on power-singing.

Put glee in perspective

Its this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Eisteddfod_Challenge

on the big screen with technology used to make every performance
flawless...the same technology they use of all other reality singing shows

The only thing i found amusing about the show was the ball breaker
that ran the cheerleading squad

Best of Sue Sylvester - Season 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=970yJGLp ... re=related
Last edited by buttsie on Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buttsie

Postby robot » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:12 pm

I've watched a bit of Glee. There are some good characters / actors (Jane Lynch for instance), but some are really annoying. Ryan Murphy's Mary Sue character is probably the worst.

Popular was a really good, older show (if you can catch it in reruns somewhere, do it!) by the same guy, but this doesn't compare at all.
robot

Postby buttsie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:01 am

The whole "which well known popular song will we do next"
pretty much turned the storylines into background noise
buttsie

Postby quick_wit » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:53 am

i liked the first season but then when it hit big they built the stories around the music instead of the other way around so any continuity of the story lines, or making anything decent from it, was screwed up as they hopped from radio hit to another, the marginalization of characters there is also ridiculous you can just leave the white people on the show and it wouldn't matter so after the first season I just gave up
quick_wit

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic