Dior suspends Galliano for Anti-semitic remarks

Anything Goes

Dior suspends Galliano for Anti-semitic remarks

Postby Amy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:33 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s//nm/20110225/people_nm/us_galliano_france

:shock:

Almost posted this in main as it is kinda Natalie-related.

Galliano was the one who presented her at the Miss Cherie launch party...
"This being an actress thing is cute, but don’t you think it’s time to go to grad school?" (NatDad, to Nat)
User avatar
Amy
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:02 pm
Location: USA - Texas

Postby Spoonbat » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:19 am

I'm not a fashion person and to me this is stupid beyond belief but even if it is true, so what? With the money he makes them they'd be crazy to get rid of him.

Then again, Europeans aren't known for their pro-Jewish or pro-Zionists views....
Spoonbat
 
Posts: 1729
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Postby AnSo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:53 pm

Apparently Dior faces (such as S. Stone, N.Portman...) have been told to support Dior's decision and to make any comments on Galliano's behavior if they were asked to during the Oscars.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2011/ ... -lundi.php

Anyway Dior's selling were kinda meh those past few months so this affair will be the opportunity to get rid of Galliano (even if for the moment he is just suspended).
User avatar
AnSo
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Paris

Postby Carlotto » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:05 pm

AnSo wrote:Apparently Dior faces (such as S. Stone, N.Portman...) have been told to support Dior's decision and to make any comments on Galliano's behavior if they were asked to during the Oscars.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2011/ ... -lundi.php

Anyway Dior's selling were kinda meh those past few months so this affair will be the opportunity to get rid of Galliano (even if for the moment he is just suspended).

You forgot “not” in “not to make any comments” :wink:
(Just saying so that it’s unambiguous.)
User avatar
Carlotto
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:23 pm
Location: Toulouse, France

Postby Dazza » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Carlotto wrote:
AnSo wrote:Apparently Dior faces (such as S. Stone, N.Portman...) have been told to support Dior's decision and to make any comments on Galliano's behavior if they were asked to during the Oscars.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2011/ ... -lundi.php

Anyway Dior's selling were kinda meh those past few months so this affair will be the opportunity to get rid of Galliano (even if for the moment he is just suspended).

You forgot “not” in “not to make any comments” :wink:
(Just saying so that it’s unambiguous.)


Christ, cool French girls keep coming to the forum and you keep shouting at them for their grammar mistakes. How do you say "you will die alone if you keep this up" in French? :lol:
User avatar
Dazza
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5939
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 12:19 am
Location: South Africa

Postby BenBDF » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Dazza wrote:Christ, cool French girls keep coming to the forum and you keep shouting at them for their grammar mistakes. How do you say "you will die alone if you keep this up" in French? :lol:

Carlotto and women.....
"tu vas finir vieux garçon si tu continues" :D
User avatar
BenBDF
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:11 pm
Location: Paris

Postby AnSo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:15 pm

It's okay :wink:

I know that my english is far (far far far) from being perfect.
(But I was sure that "They were told to make any comments" was the same as "They have to keep their mouth shut if mean journalists ask about Galliano")

Anyway it confirms me that I wasn't paying enough attention during my english classes.
User avatar
AnSo
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Paris

Postby Carlotto » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:33 pm

Bah that’ll teach me to try and help.
I’ll just sulk.
User avatar
Carlotto
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:23 pm
Location: Toulouse, France

Postby quick_wit » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:42 am

its ridiculous how some designers feel entitled to judge people just because they can push skeletal models around and are apart of the fashion industry
User avatar
quick_wit
 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 2:36 am
Location: Philippines

Postby Huc » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:36 am

quick_wit wrote:its ridiculous how some designers feel entitled to judge people just because they can push skeletal models around and are apart of the fashion industry

to be honest, if they are in their place it is de facto top of the industry, giving more power. Wealth and power amplifies a person's true being and it finally did. Kinda like Mel Gibson.
Huc
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:02 pm

Postby Amy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 am

I wonder if this will affect Natalie's relationship with Dior?
"This being an actress thing is cute, but don’t you think it’s time to go to grad school?" (NatDad, to Nat)
User avatar
Amy
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:02 pm
Location: USA - Texas

Postby cherryvanilla » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:19 pm

How can someone be so fucking stupid? I mean his newest and most bankable spokesperson is Jewish, what the hell was he thinking. I hope he gets the boot because I don't want to see a beautiful campaign like Natalie's go to waste after this.
User avatar
cherryvanilla
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 10:08 am

Postby AnSo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:05 pm

They now are saying that "there is no witness who can actually confirms that Galliano gave antisemitic insults"
User avatar
AnSo
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Paris

Postby Dazza » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:17 pm

The guy is toast. You'd think someone in the fashion industry would be a bit more open minded. They should replace him with Tim Gunn. He loves everyone!

Except Hitler.
User avatar
Dazza
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5939
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 12:19 am
Location: South Africa

Postby Iza » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:17 pm

X
Last edited by Iza on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Awards are so unnecessary, because I think we get so much out of our work just by doing it. The work is a reward in itself."
Iza
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:19 am

Next

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests