I miss Jen

Anything Goes

Re: I miss Jen

Postby Carlito Brigante » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:35 pm

I completely laid off the anti depressants all together. They really turned me into a pill junkie. A therapist once gave me a bunch of Zoloft pills and I downed them all in one night with some friend. It turns out that the guy was diabetic and spent the night at the hospital. That's how fucked up those anti depressants got for me. In my experience they accelerated my downward spiral, not the other way around. I'd lay off them completely.

I realized that I could be vitamin deficient and started big on vitamins. Other than the multivitamins I also take B6, B12, B7, D, and E individually. I initially thought it was a bunch of crap, but I did it anyway. Before starting the vitamins I was basically dreaming flash images that would come and go. These days I'm dreaming entire sequences and I can remember them almost scene by scene. My thoughts are just as clear as water. Also I went to this bar the other day and this chick thought that I was a college dude. Hell, I'm in my 30's. I've pretty much stopped aging. Even my brother's wife was telling me that she thought I was in my 20's. Those vitamins turned things around for me completely. Of course, I also laid off the trans fat big time. Fast foods are just as bad as taking hard drugs. They really are.

Still the panic attacks have the bad habit of messing up my days. To me it's not all different from suffering migraines, or asthma, or epilepsy. It's always there and it'll never go away, but like any other condition you got to deal with it. I can't say it's a walk in the park, but at least my life is under control and that's a good thing. As long as you feel that your life is slowly progressing for the better, then you can keep rolling that way, even if you're not where you want to be. If you keep getting the feeling that your life is stagnant, that's when it becomes a problem.
Carlito Brigante

Postby JenR » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:33 am

Vitamins are super helpful, because they help the brain produce seratonin. B12 boots of energy and omegas help me out but they're expensive. I go have a vitamin D deficiency and I try to take those when I can. My anemia is also a contributor to, but fuck I sure hate taking iron pills.
JenR

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:49 am

Energy drinks are an amazing source of B12 and B6. The Monster drinks are a lot healthier than people might think, although too much caffeine can be dangerous. I drank four in one day and ended up with a severe headache, but two a day is perfectly safe. There's also the zero calorie one which tastes even better. I rely on those almost exclusively for the vitamins, but I also use them to get me going. Can't live without them.

The D vitamin is the other important one and luckily it's the cheapest. With 20 dollars you can buy about three months worth, enough to get you going. But you really need to try to get them, because physical exhaustion can be a huge part of what's keeping you down. You can get so caught in all the mental malaise that it's easy to forget how physically drained the body feels. I know it sounds cliched, but the body and the mind have to work together.
Carlito Brigante

Postby JenR » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:55 pm

I can't drink those, I can't even drink coffee. My body with freak the fuckboyt with being shaky from energy drinks. All I can do is sip on a 5hr energy through the morning but that's about it. I can't drink or eat a lot of sugar products due to my blood sugar, and coffee puts me to sleep from my a.d.d. Idk if that's the real reason but coffee will never keep me awake, I fell asleep taking an exam once, wth.

My vitamin d never lasts that long, because I have to get the 1000iu(?) and take 2-3 a day. So when it's warm, I just lay out in the sun or sit near windows.
JenR

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:49 pm

What I've read about it is that the recommended vitamin D intake has been off for years and is not nearly enough to deal with deficiency. The body needs a shitload of it to be really efficient, unless you spend the entire days at the beach tanning. You'd need serious high doses for at least six months. That's around 10,000 a day. Once you're okay you can drop it to 5,000, but eating is not nearly enough to sustain that. Softgels come in 400 packs for like 10 bucks, which is really cheap for what it does. I had back spams all throughout my college years and once I got into it the pain went away almost instantly, and also that annoying body ache.
Carlito Brigante

Postby JenR » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:42 pm

I'll have to ask, because I'm not sure if that plays a factor or not, lol.

But I did say "fuckboy" like the embarrassment that I am.
JenR

Postby Carlito Brigante » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:43 pm

I'm not that into flavor waters in general, but there's one in particular called Propel: The Workout Water that tastes amazing as hell. It's really a Gatorade water bottle with a shit load of vitamins. I'm drinking like fifty bottles of those a day. It's the only brand I drink though. The ones made by Dasani taste like crap. Aquafina also has some. They're okay, but not nearly as good as the Gatorade ones. I've slowly broken all the sugar cravings, which have made things a lot easier for me to deal with.
Carlito Brigante

Postby JenR » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:27 pm

other than vitamins, I had a moment of hysteria over the summer where I thought that I had melanoma (long story but I don't have cancer), and I decided that I was going to eat a TON of ginger root and garlic cloves, because they attack cancer cells... I don't recommend doing that by the tons, i did not smell very attractive. lol
JenR

Postby quick_wit » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:38 am

Hi Jen! Welcome back. I miss seeing the regulars from batch of 2007.

I would add you in my Facebook but as a general rule, I only add people that I have met personally. And also, I haven't been using it that much. I'm on twitter though.
quick_wit

Postby Carlito Brigante » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:36 pm

My Facebook account is a mess with people I don't even know. I even have the real Vince Vaughn on my friends list. I wrote him a message years ago that he would be great in a Casablanca remake and he accepted my friends request. That was before the whole twitter thing exploded so I don't even know the guy. Just for kicks. I've never checked twitter. I finally learned that the twitter logo was a bird last Christmas when I was playing the wikipedia trivia game. I missed on a no brainer I guess. :roll:
Carlito Brigante

Postby JenR » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:30 am

If yawl do add let me know because I won't accept people I don't know or have mutual friends with.

So i have an update. I broke up with my bf because we got in a fight and I'm tired of being talked down to and treated as I'm inferior to him. There are also other things building to our break up, but that's the main one I couldn't deal with anymore. He says he'll make a complete change and even quit drinking because he says all of our fights are because he's drunk (which isn't true, he will act like that when he just wants to argue), but I just quit talking to him all together. I even made a different Twitter to have some privacy and some how he found out within a few hours after me making the accounts and called me "sad" person, so I just blocked him from everything. Now since he can't see what I'm doing he's made a new snap chat and who knows what other profiles to look at me (but I'm the hypocritic about everything), because snapchat tells you who's following you.

Anyway. This weekend was my friend's bridal shower and we were going to go to a exotic dance club, and this 21 year old who's I guess the closest person to a best friend kept messaging me talking about how he wasn't to kiss my ass, how I'm cute, and how he's always be interested in me while being with my bf.

Idk if my ex was telling him to talk to me like this to see if I would flirt back or what, but this little boy is 6 years younger than me and he has herpes. I know this because I saw the message when he found out. Oh my god, get away.
JenR

Postby Carlito Brigante » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:01 pm

Yeah, it sounds like a toxic situation with the guy. Anytime somebody ever tells you that he or she will change it means that they have no intentions of changing. It's one of the oldest lies in the book. People who really change they just do it. They don't promise anybody. Toxic relationships suck.

I haven't gone to a strip club in years. The last time I went to a strip club this loser asshole crowded me and told me he was like a big hot shot gangster, whatever the hell that means. I told him that he was just a cardboard wannabe and he would never have the balls to shoot me. He crawled into a corner like a complete loser and didn't say a word for the rest of the night. But that was it for me. That whole strp club scene is too freaking depressing. I've never gone back after that.
Carlito Brigante

Postby JenR » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:24 am

So I have an iPhone and I was trying out Siri's speaking capabilities. I swiped two fingers down starting from the top of my screen, and now he (my Siri) won't stop reading this entire forum starting to the link to each tab, to eventually our screen names, the number of views, who last viewed, the number of my posts, the time posts were posted... Now he's mentioning the days of the week.

-edit

I figured out how to make him stop finally.
JenR

Postby JenR » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:28 pm

So maybe in 2011 I became a huge Sia fan (I'll spare everyone on here the annoying fan girl posts), and yesterday I was really bummed out for the most part of how the contestants on American Idol sang her songs. I haven't watched idol in so many years, but no one who sang blew me away or anything. Two singers sang their songs well (they're the two talented ones remaining in my eyes), but no one on that show is a "star," imo. I feel the two pretty boys pussed out singing with was ashame because they sang songs about empowering themselves and couldn't even project the lyrics as if they meant or believed in what they were singing. Sia even told them "who gives a Fuck" if you sound bad and even made strange baby voices during her performance which made her laugh. I feel she did it to show that she doesn't care if viewers don't like what she does and they shouldn't ether, and I wish they listened because I didn't care for it. The two guys who I didn't like are only on the show by the teenyboppers who voted to keep them on anyway, I believe. I somewhat feel bad for saying that, but they're not that talented with performing.
JenR

Previous

Return to Off-Topic