Any sports fans?

Anything Goes

Re: Any sports fans?

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon May 12, 2014 4:10 am

To me, the craziest thing about Bak is that he developed that shot in the NBA. I think he is one of my favorite players at this point.

Brooks is dead last. It I owned that team, I would fire him during this playoff run.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Sat May 17, 2014 7:27 am

So impressed with the maturity in game 6. Even though they started cold they just slowly and methodically reeled the Clipper lead in and passed them by without a fuss. Adams is turning into a hell of a player.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon May 19, 2014 3:55 pm

I now feel triplely good about rooting for OKC. I hate SA (San Antonio, not South Africa) on principle, I like OKC, and without Ibaka, I think the Heat would have an easier time with them than SA.

What weird stuff with the coaching situations. First, what we already know comes out, that MJax was fired less for standard incompetence (not likely to get you fired in this league), and more for being a slimely, homophobic douche.

Then SVG throws us all a curveball and takes power over money, players or geography. I actually think that's a promising situation, now, with a lot of young talent. As soon at that Josh Smith contract is off the books, that's going to be a force (in the east, at least).

Then Kerr kind of shocked me by not going with NYC. Ironically, I was annoyed at the premise of a first time coach getting this much attention, but the decision to choose the best city over Phil suggests he is smarter than I thought, and less hung up on the idea of someone (like Phil or a shitty player) being a winner, so I'm warming to him already.

Then NYC was talking about MJax as their coach, which actually might have been a good fit for the state of that franchise. But he is a better fit in the booth, where no one really knows what they are talking about and being charismatic and wrong can never get you in trouble.

Poor NYC. I wouldn't work for them, though, least of all with PJax looking over my shoulder, telling people I was his intermediary.
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon May 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Dazza wrote:So impressed with the maturity in game 6. Even though they started cold they just slowly and methodically reeled the Clipper lead in and passed them by without a fuss. Adams is turning into a hell of a player.

Yeah. Thunder looked good. Jordan sort of disappeared in that series, and as soon as Scotty had it explained to him that he shouldn't be posting KD up against CP3, that cute little matchup stopped working.

LAC needs to add a big, obviously.

I wonder if Rivers put CP3 on KD just because he knew Brooks doesn't even understand the simplest things about basketball and wouldn't be able to handle that.
Extreme Allah

Postby Brian » Fri May 23, 2014 3:47 pm

What a disaster, this Ibaka injury. Not because OKC will likely lose the series (I'd expect they'd lose to SA even with Ibaka). But yet again, Brooks will be let off the hook another year. Unbelievable. Management will say "well we made it to the conference finals, that's pretty strong - then we got hit with terrible luck with the Ibaka injury, so let's give Scotty another year."

It's so frustrating watching OKC play with their ugly style. With that much talent being ultimately wasted.

Did you guys notice that Inside Trax clip of Brooks in Game 2, yelling at his players to stop taking tough 2s & pullup 3s, and set more screens and move the ball ... "play the right way!" OMG what a fucking joke, Scott - he doesn't even know the right way! He would've established that system by now if that's what he believed, having all these years coaching this team. Instead, they always keep their isolation style ball as if it's still the 80s or 90s, like when he played. The game has progressed, and the other players on the court need to do more than just stand around waiting while KD or Russ create everything. So as long as the opponent plays sound, smart ball, executing well offensively and not letting OKC off the hook with fouls on D, then they get exposed.

Brooks should've figured this out when they got smoked by Miami in the Finals 2 years ago. Spoelstra figured it out when the Mavs taught his Heat a basketball lesson the year before that.
Brian

Postby Dazza » Fri May 23, 2014 8:00 pm

If the series continues like this Brooks is surely toast. And rightly so.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Fri May 23, 2014 10:20 pm

Brian wrote:Did you guys notice that Inside Trax clip of Brooks in Game 2, yelling at his players to stop taking tough 2s & pullup 3s, and set more screens and move the ball ... "play the right way!" OMG what a fucking joke, Scott - he doesn't even know the right way!

Heh, I made that same joke. That expression almost always pisses me off, too.

Dazza wrote:If the series continues like this Brooks is surely toast. And rightly so.

It seems like anything else would be rodiculous. I am starting to think he has proof one of the owners has an adult baby fetish or something, though. I'd say he is 50% to be fired, 50% to have adult baby fetish proof.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Thu May 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Just watched game 4. It was like the Thunder had entered a double speed cheat code at one point. Really curious to see how the Spurs react tonight.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:49 am

In a way I'm glad the Spurs won. Maybe now Duncan will retire and I won't have to here his awful, nerdy voice anymore.

Also, I'm watching RWB highlights...most entertaining player in the league, to me.

Edit: no one watching the World Cup?
Extreme Allah

Postby thevoid99 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:26 pm

I'm watching the World Cup. It's been pretty good so far. I'm glad the U.S. beat Ghana yesterday as it gives them hope to be Portugal who sucked in their game against Germany.
"I wanna be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal from "Secretary"
thevoid99

Postby Dazza » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:42 pm

Been a great WC so far. Trying to watch as much as I can but not as easy these days.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:50 pm

You guy(s?) pumped for the new season? Just got League Pass; let's get it on.

(Warriors are looking like a bag of money in the preseason. Hopefully it carries over, and they can find more of an offensive role for Iggy.)
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:24 pm

Season only starts when Durant gets back.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:54 pm

Not even excited to watch a couple months of Westbrook going bananas? Interested to see what Scotty's plan is with that; I'm assuming it's just, "Russ, you take all KD's shots now," which I'm not even sure is a terrible offensive scheme.

The real shame is that this injury is guarantee that Scotty Brooks won't be fire for a single thing that happens this season.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:08 pm

So much for that. Perry Jones is going to have to carry the team to the championship!
Dazza
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic