Any sports fans?

Anything Goes

Re: Any sports fans?

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:12 pm

The only difference between a "winner" and not a "winner" is charisma (or race, before the '90s). LeBron isn't a winner either, and he's likely the greatest of all time.

Howard was once the second best player on the planet, at a hilariously weak position. Even if he is a bad fit, or is just done (and for those of you at home keeping score of his failure, check out his rebounds from last year...even coasting, he is disgusting), it's not like they spent the money on a run of the mill point guard or something (they did that one last year): they gambled it on potentially having the league's only truly elite center, and gave up nothing for him. Ignoring results, I'd bet a max deal on Dwight every day (I expect he's making a few bucks less than that actually, looking at the Houston cap situation, but I am not up to date on the luxury tax). And it's a pretty short contract. I would imagine Howard will sign another max deal in his career.

To give up nothing and pay short term for a 27-y/o with the track record and potential to be the best big man in the world by a mile...I doubt it's making any Biggest Blunders lists, whether or not things blow up in Houston.

---

It's official. With the 1st overall pick in the NBA Hipster Draft, Extreme Allah selects the Golden State Warriors bandwagon as his primary official rooting interest (unofficially I still have to root for LeBron, because I run my mouth about him so much.)

euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:32 pm

You could see Lebron making the leap and working it out. Howard just doesn't seem to have that intensity and win at all costs mindset. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out and if he can get back to where he was. Last season, even with good rebounding stats, was incredibly poor by his standards.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Right. By Howard's standards, leading the planet in grabs is a legit terrible year. That's basically his floor, and we've never exactly seen his ceiling because in Orlando he was playing with scrubs.

Those kinds of things you take issue with are the same things people said about LeBron, and few of the same things they said about Jordan in the '80s (they also added ball hog to the list, which was fair to an extent), and no one was hedging with, "but I can see a spark that he can turn it around." What I'm saying is that these claims don't really have any predictive validity; it's just a narrative cast over previous events to try to make sense of them in such a way as to maximize the perceived value of one's own intuition. I'm not worried about the deal.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:06 am

I don't think it's a bad contract, I just suspect it may not work out. Of course Dwight could become the defensive player he used to be, where by all accounts he was a 1 man defense in Orlando, but the trend is heading in the other direction. Very curious to see how it all pans out this season.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:35 pm

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2 ... eam-staff/

Now he'll have help from the #1 post technician of all time, in addition to the help he'll have from the second greatest. This will be interesting.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Didn't he already seek help from former greats though? And it made zero difference. I suppose having one be your coach can only help.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:06 am

I don't know anything about that, but Hakeem does have a proven track record. As rudimentary as LeBron's post game still is technically, it was nonexistent before he met the Dream. Not sure how interested Howard is in improving that part of his game, but if were to focus on that, it would be pretty fun to watch.

On an unrelated note, I think this is my favorite video on the internet in which Maradona doesn't appear and no one is ejaculated on. Although he might as well have in a few different parts.

Extreme Allah

Postby nazarov » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:48 am

I like Ice Hockey, and lately started playing it myself, albeit naturally not as a pro.
I like the NJ Devils and Detroit Red Wings.

I also recently started following Eintracht Frankfurt.
nazarov

Postby Extreme Allah » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Iggy is God. I think he found his place in the NBA, and it just so happens to be on my team.

---

Last year Harden was probably the best SG in basketball. This year he is working on becoming its worst defender. This is really sad and frustrating to watch.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Yeah Iggy is fitting in great. So happy that basketball is back. And that Russ is back. Things were looking bleak without him.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:39 am

Too bad Perkins is back.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Extreme Allah wrote:Too bad Perkins is back.

With less and less minutes every night. Brooks is finally playing the best players and not bowing down to intangible shit.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:18 pm

I read somewhere that when asked why Perkins was still playing, he explained that the team had a good winning % with him in the lineup. lol.
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:26 am

IGGY! IGGY!

What a game!
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:16 am

:(
Dazza
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic