Any sports fans?

Anything Goes

Re: Any sports fans?

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:49 am

Dazza wrote:Tony is so damn good. What a pest. Even his offensive game is ticking.

I only have time to watch Thunder games unfortunately. NBA.com highlights for the rest.

He is a warrior. And a gang member. That whole team is thugged out. Can't hate on that.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Sat May 03, 2014 7:14 pm

What a game and what a series. Dwight was an animal, Harden was an animal, and in the end, McHale assigned a 7-footer to guard the other team's quickest player and best shooter on a last and most important play of an elimination game. I guess they were saving Beverly for game 7?

Also, Lillard is a monster. If I ever implied he was overvalued (I certainly believed it during their regularly season implosion), I was largely hatin'.

Also, Thunder are a lock now, thanks to a clutch suspension handed out by MVP of game 7, the NBA. Now they just need to throw Curry out for the ugliness of his goatee and Dirk out for crimes his grandfather committed during the holocaust and we will be on pace to completely ruin what was almost the most exciting 2 days in the history of the playoffs.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Sat May 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Adams is the terminator. Guys keep hitting him and he just keeps trucking.

http://watch.nba.com/nba/video/channels ... -video.nba

Disappointed Z won't be playing due to it tainting a victory but honestly, 1 game seems lenient for that. If Adams crumbles to the floor that's a huge suspension.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Sat May 03, 2014 8:43 pm

He barely pushed him. If a suspension were even standard for that, half the players would miss half their games. I'm mostly fucking around implying it's deliberate league sabotage, but I can promise you Blake, KD and LeBron never hear a second word about that shit, let alone get suspended from a game 7.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Mon May 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Lol, a push with a closed fist to the chin is called a punch. I dunno I was sceptical until I really looked at the replay but that's as clear as day.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue May 06, 2014 4:45 pm

It's funny to describe it that way, but I think that's what happened: he pushed him in the face with his fist. I don't think that's a minority opinion. It looks bad, but when Z-Bo hauls off and punches you in the face, there are more microscopic surgeries than there are doubters. Then again, I really don't care, it just fucked up an insanely good line and ruined a cool game I wanted to watch.

Anyway, I'm starting to worry about OKC. Their opportunity to win a championship is slipping away, and I'm worried. I'm worried the Clippers match up really well against them. I'm worried that even ignoring the psycho lines (+210 last game), LAC might just be a better team. I'm worried that RWB and KD sleepwalking through 3/4 playoffs games is just going to be standard until their championship window closes. They got lucky against MEM, and I don't think KD finally deciding to wake up in an elimination game against a lineup whose most recognizable starter is wearing a DC machine is a particularly promising return to form. Maybe this isn't a roster that can get back to the finals without Harden. They looked so good in the regular season, though, and KD should be capable of putting up 40 every night, which makes it frustrating.

Thoughts?
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Tue May 06, 2014 6:37 pm

I dunno about that. I don't think Russ has ever put in a half assed performance. He can suck but always goes 100%. Thought Durant and him were very good...offensively at least. Jackson is very important to the team but he's very hot and cold. Ibaka is the opposite of that, very steady but Brooks is unable to get him enough possessions to really impact the scoreboard. Clippers are too athletic for guys like Fisher. It's painful watching him out there.

Worried but its one game. Thunder will adjust and Clippers will struggle to hit 3's at that rate again. Very hard series to call.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue May 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Yeah, that's what is weird about RWB. He is a warrior night in and night out. Physically. I can't think of a player to compare him to. There are guys who work their asses off like that and then have emotional or mental collapses, but he isn't totally collapsing exactly, and his skill level is a lot higher than anyone else I could even say they much about. He is the weirdest player. I love him.

KD "sleepwalking" is a pretty high floor, but you finally were getting the feeling with him that he knew he had to be the terminator for the team to get over the hump and win one, and I haven't really seen a lot of that yet. But yeah, still way too early. I am starting to doubt their actual prospects, though, for the first time, premature or not. (They match up much better against other top teams, though)

But whatever this says about the team, losing one at home to start a series is not good for your position. It will be interesting to see what the line is like for this next game, because the first one had OKC as a 2:1 favorite.

Also, farewell, MJax. You were a bad coach, an overrated player, and a legit con man as a person. For all those reasons, your players will miss you and the fans will not.
Extreme Allah

Re: Any sports fans?e

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed May 07, 2014 6:12 am

Everybody says the nets are a gross matchup for the Heat. I know they swept them in the regular season, but I don't think things like that are particularly useful metrics for the playoffs, particularly with as weird and unbalanced as that conference is. I think the Heat might just roll. Granted, KG and PP might combine for more than 8 points some night, and it would be more challenging.

Here is a question: is there a team left in the east, outside the Heat, that is better than any team left in the west? Wizards might be a good matchup for Portland? Probably not?
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Wed May 07, 2014 11:41 am

But the hero ball can only take the team so far. When they play best sure, Durant and Westbrook dominate, but they also share the ball and the rest of the team chips in. The first 6 or so minutes against the Clips was how it should be. Much better movement of the ball and players. Scoring coming from everywhere etc. But as confidence ebbed away they went back to a very static game. Still managed over 100 pts though, and with Kd and Russ sitting the 4th, so I wouldn't point the finger at the scoring. Defensively they just weren't up to it. Must do better.

And yeah, if I ranked the teams who I think could win the east teams not named Miami would be below the west.

See KD's MVP speech? I was in tears for almost the whole thing.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed May 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Admittedly, I'm heavily biased toward just watching super stars go off (which is weird given how much better I think LeBron is than anyone), but I think some hero ball is required here. Nothing more efficient than a star taking and buring everything. (Also admittedly, I haven't seen a ton of Thunder games, outside of ones where either the team was losing to a 7 seed or ones where KD was taking and making every shot, so I probably don't have the widest picture of what their every day offense should look like. But I don't have a ton of trust in most of the team on offense, and have seen Jackson look like he is trying to make the D League more times than not, so I'm putting my eggs in KD's basket. )

To be honest, I'm not really placing a ton of blame in the D. I'm sure they can do better, but I think the Clippers offense might just not be stoppable right now,

I didn't see the press conference. I love KD so much, though. I think he is genuinely a boring, nice person off the court, and think he really believes it when he tells the press things like that he wants to be called "the Server," because he serves his fans and teammates, am love the idea of him fighting back tears over an award. Mostly because this being sincere makes it that much more awesome to me when he screams at McHale about being unstoppable after scoring, or straddles someone after dunking on them, and yells,"GET OFF ME BITCH!"
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed May 07, 2014 5:24 pm

I'm happy MJax was fired, but maybe people are going a tad too far.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Wed May 07, 2014 5:29 pm

Definitely check the video out, it feels kinda unprecedented for a star to be that humble. Tell you what, if they don't win tonight after that then they should fire Brooks on the spot. He spoke about every damn player on the team, even guys who are D leaguers, and shared personal stories about what they mean to him. Every one of those guys will step into traffic for him after that. The talent is there. The bond is there. If they lose then it's a massive failing on the coaching side.

Jackson is either great or awful. Which is probably a good thing cos if he was always playing near his best there's no way OKC could afford him.

As for the other Jackson, seems really strange to me. I know there have been some ego issues but the players play for him and I think he's done a hell of a job there. With Bogut they could very well have been in the second round.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed May 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Things are looking really good for them tonight, based on what I understand about betting line movement, at least.
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed May 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Oh, also, don't get me wrong. Jackson had to go. He just did so many ridiculous frustrating things, like endless, anemic postup after postup at important times. I just don't see the need to be an ass about it, just fire the guy.

Top candidate for the job is SVG. Second best coach after Pop, had to flake on a radio appearance the day MJax was fired...he'll get an offer, and I'll hope he takes it.
Extreme Allah

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic