Video Games....

Anything Goes

Re: Video Games....

Postby robot » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:37 pm

The Walking Dead point-and-click adventure game (all 5 episodes are out now) is fantastic, but also incredibly bleak. :/
robot

Postby Extreme Allah » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:00 pm

How should I waste winter break? Max Payne 3, Ass Cred 3 or Hitman Absolution?
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:45 pm

Max was forgettable fun. Tried one of the AC games once and hated it. Haven't tried Assassin yet. Got so much game catching up to do as well. Playing another sneaker Dishonored right now. Also heard Mark of the Ninja is a great sneaky game.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby robot » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Rachel wrote:
robot wrote:The Walking Dead point-and-click adventure game (all 5 episodes are out now) is fantastic, but also incredibly bleak. :/

I forgot how much I like adventure games. Spoilers: Was not expecting that The Road-esque ending. D: Can't wait for the followup.

The worst part of the follow-up will be the wait between episodes... I waited until all were out to play this, but there's no way I'd be able to NOT buy season 2 episode 1 the moment it's out.
robot

Postby Dazza » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Does Walking Dead get better? I've played maybe 90 minutes of episode 1 and I'm finding it incredibly boring. Maybe the first one was a bit rough?
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Dazza » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:44 am

Thanks for the info you assholes!

I played on and sure enough, episode 2 was miles better than episode 1. Definitely enjoying it now.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Dazza » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:01 am

Episode 3 was also really good. There are still plenty of annoyances though. Little things like character and plot holes/mistakes, feeling like the appropriate action isn't available (because of Ben we lost Lilly and Carly yet there's no way to even verbally dress him down, let alone give him what he deserves). Was it possible to save any of Lilly, Carly, Duck or Katjaa (whose death wasn't even brought up outside of Kenny). But the worst is when storytelling stops and we have to now solve a puzzle. Except the puzzles are so boring and it's such a chore to slowly walk there, click everything that can be clicked, go somewhere else, do the same, go back and on and on until it's "solved".
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby robot » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Spoiler: [No, they were all meant to die at one point or another.
Maybe not immediately, but you will be able to give Ben what he deserves at certain points in the game from now on.
]

There's a lot of illusion-of-choice in the game - you may have callbacks to how you acted when it comes to a character's death, but they'll still be dead if they were meant to die. Like spoiler: [Carly could have died in episode 1 if you saved Doug, but Doug will still die at the point Carly died in your game and the story will progress along the same path, with some changes in dialogue.]

I am not sure how all your choices impact certain decisions and discussions in the final chapter, but if you treat characters poorly they're going to treat you poorly back, or call you out on what you've done to them.

Puzzles can be tedious, but at least this game doesn't have too many objects to interact with and doesn't go to the insane lengths that some other point and click adventure games go to. (Oh, you didn't think of using the bowl of jello on the pirate's grave? Well no wonder you're stuck.)
robot

Postby Dazza » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:45 am

Why would anyone save Doug? Madness!

Yeah, I figured that was the case. Can't have too divergent paths otherwise shit would break. Even now there are plenty of writing errors where the game sorta forgets things. It's weird, in a way it's quite a frustrating experience for me but I am now into the what happens next (although please god stop the "next on Walking Dead" spoiler shit) nature of it all.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby robot » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:45 am

Rachel wrote:and in the last one chapter, they say she's like 10.

spoilers!!!!!111
robot

Postby Dazza » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Skipped over Rachels post. Will read when finished. Almost done with ep 4.

There is a lot of unintentional laughs but laughs all the same. Like Clem managing to open a locked door from the window above it. Or Lee not realizing he could just jump over a trash skip that has supposedly cornered him. Or how every time Randy has an opportunity to save your ass he fails.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Fri May 03, 2013 5:37 pm

Finally got a PS3 and am playing Bioshock Infinite. It's awesome.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Fri May 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Still haven't replaced my PC. God I miss games.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Axwell » Fri May 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Just bought Far cry 3: Blood Dragon, the tutorial was already hilarious only the reddish light everywhere get's a bit annoying after a while.
Axwell

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon May 06, 2013 11:02 pm

Sorry D.

A solidly gamable desktop should be buildable in the $500-600 range, right?
Extreme Allah

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic