R.I.P. Thread

Anything Goes

R.I.P. Thread

Postby JenR » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:18 am

there has been a LOT of people DYING THESE days!! :shock: :?

so instead of making numerous thread about someone who died, post them here.
JenR

Postby Extreme Allah » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:21 am

Someone make a list of people who died this year whose deaths even matter to me. Vonnegut is the only one I can think of, and even he wasn't producing anything of interest, anymore.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby Anyathe » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:07 am

Um, weird, but ... Pavarotti.
Anyathe

Postby JenR » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:54 pm

R.I.P. Benny.

Today in my Humanities class, we watched a wonderful slide show of 9/11 that had interviews with the Photographers who were on the site that day. Some photos i wish i didn't see, like photos of people jumping out of the buildings, that cause me to feel sick to my stomach, but it was a great show. They spoke about the fireman who died in the towers, so I would feel guilty if i didn't mention, Benny.

Keith Alexander Glascoe (9/11 Fireman)

I can't believe it was only 6 years ago. I remember watching the whole thing on TV siting in my English class in Jr. High. I was 12 years old. It always makes me worry about my friends older brother who's a fireman.
JenR

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:51 am

Joe Zawinul.
Extreme Allah

Postby J+A+ » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:57 am

Who watches the show, Surreal Life, with (trying to remember the 'cast')- Erik Estrada; Vanilla Ice: Richelle (spellcheck?) from Real World; an Afro-Am. Supermodel; Ron Jeremy; and Tammy Faye Baker.

She died a while ago; but, after watching this show a bit (with such an eclectic montage of characters) a side of Tammy Faye that wouldn't normally be seen, without the presence of such company.

Does anyone else sense anything about her presence amid these other 'characters', and how she might have left her peculiar impression on them at all?
J+A+

Postby maverick88 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:19 am

I was kind of surprised that she would be on that show since being a televangelist at one time. I didn't watch the show but I remember seeing the advertisement for it. About the only thing I remember of her is that she wore huge amounts of makeup and the scandal that brought her and her ex-husband Jim Baker down.
"If it's Sunday, it's Meet The Press" - Tim Russert
maverick88

Postby Extreme Allah » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:32 am

People who were shocked by TFB on that show don't really know a lot of normal Christians. I've had a lot of run-ins with crazy, "intolerant," legalistic Xians, but there are also a lot of them who have completely different interpretations of things, and don't hate gay people and whatnot. In fact, the majority of them -- even the ones who are annoying judgemental -- have a pretty live-and-let-live-type approach to things. I certainly don't dislike TFB, or people like her.
Extreme Allah

Postby maverick88 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:25 pm

Lois Maxwell - Better known as Miss Moneypenny in 14 Bond films.

maverick88

Postby Huc » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:04 am

Robert Goulet
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Robert Goulet, the handsome, big-voiced baritone whose Broadway debut in "Camelot" launched an award-winning stage and recording career, has died. He was 73.

The singer died Tuesday morning in a Los Angeles hospital while awaiting a lung transplant, a Goulet spokesman said in an e-mail.

He had been awaiting a lung transplant at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles after being found last month to have a rare form of pulmonary fibrosis.
Huc

Postby maverick88 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:22 am

Huc wrote:Robert Goulet
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Robert Goulet, the handsome, big-voiced baritone whose Broadway debut in "Camelot" launched an award-winning stage and recording career, has died. He was 73.

The singer died Tuesday morning in a Los Angeles hospital while awaiting a lung transplant, a Goulet spokesman said in an e-mail.

He had been awaiting a lung transplant at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles after being found last month to have a rare form of pulmonary fibrosis.

Yes, I saw that, that was kind of a surprise to me when I heard that. Another interesting piece of trivia is that Elvis Presley was watching Robert Goulet on tv when Elvis shot his television set in the 70's.
maverick88

That's horrible

Postby AussieSavant » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:01 am

I used to watch his older movies. He was a great singer and actor. They don't make them like they use to I suppose.
Reality is what you make it

Please visit my friend's blog:
http://syndicatedblogger.blogspot.com
AussieSavant

Postby quick_wit » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:12 am

I want Jeff Buckley back. Can I trade him for Paris, Lindsay, Bam or Avril or all of them?
quick_wit

Postby Dazza » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:16 pm

*sniff*

I can't believe Stylus is closing down. It's probably my favourite site for music not to mention they also have a fantastic film section. At least they're going out with their best of the year features (even if they're a couple months early and only contain write ups for the top entries).

Top 50 albums of the year

http://www.stylusmagazine.com/articles/ ... f-2007.htm

Top 50 songs of the year

Top films of the year

Top films of the millennium

The world is gonna suck a little bit more starting from tomorrow.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby JenR » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:37 pm

[lying rumor]

Bobby Brown (heart attack)

wasnt a fan of a the mans music, nor his use of drugs but its still terrible.
Last edited by JenR on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JenR

Next

Return to Off-Topic