The Movie thread

Anything Goes

Postby BlackOut » Tue May 22, 2007 11:04 pm

yeah. I was disappointed by V for Vendetta, while Children of Men become one of my favorites.
BlackOut

Postby Lovelife008 » Wed May 23, 2007 12:48 am

About the movie Sin City 2 and enough bashing other movies.

It's going to come out in 2008 with Clive Owen and Jessica Alba returning. And some other people. There's a lot of rumors about what new characters (actors) are going to be in it. Such as Angelina Jolie, Rachel Weisz, and Johnny Depp. The movie has not started filming yet. Oh and Rodriguez and miller or back to direct and stuff.
Lovelife008

Postby Lovelife008 » Wed May 23, 2007 12:48 am

I loved Children of Men!!!
Lovelife008

Postby JenR » Wed May 23, 2007 1:03 am

omgzrachel wrote:I try to like VfV, but I just can't. It isn't terrible, but it just isn't the book. When I first saw Children of Men, all I could think was, "Why couldn't Vendetta have been like this?" The mood, the grit, the atmosphere... everything was perfect. Vendetta was so sterile and over-produced feeling that it seems barely related to the novel. Very disappointing.

AMEN on the 1st sentence. I'm not so sure if i'd want it to be like CoM. Mainly for if it was, CoM would had just looked like a cheep copy. Different styles are cool. I like the fact V kind of stuck by the comic's look, when it came to the dark lighting and angled scene shots.

A lot of people don't appreciate the way CoM was made. My mom hated it, but the movie scared the hell out of from how real it seemed watching it. Those long scenes that don't have a lot of camera angle cutting always seem more real when watching a scene, because it feels like your sitting right there as the events are actually happening.

I wish CoM was more popular where i live than it was.

Lovelife008 wrote:About the movie Sin City 2 and enough bashing other movies.

It's going to come out in 2008 with Clive Owen and Jessica Alba returning. And some other people. There's a lot of rumors about what new characters (actors) are going to be in it. Such as Angelina Jolie, Rachel Weisz, and Johnny Depp. The movie has not started filming yet. Oh and Rodriguez and miller or back to direct and stuff.

All those new rumored people can stay away from the movie. I knew Angie was/is rumored for playing Ava. i never heard anything for Johnny and Rachel.

I'm not that into Johnny, i have nothing against Rachel, i love her, but i cant picture her in the movie.

Do you know who they may be playing?
JenR

Postby Lovelife008 » Wed May 23, 2007 1:19 am

Well, Rachel Weisz is rumored to play Ava too.
And Johnny was supposedly in talks to appear in Sin City, but I guess they still want him for Sin City 2
Other than that, I don't know
Lovelife008

Postby JenR » Wed May 23, 2007 1:24 am

RACHEL!!! STAY AWAY FROM AVA!! :shock:

No no no no NO!!!
JenR

Postby Lovelife008 » Wed May 23, 2007 1:27 am

haha I guess you like Angelina. She's pretty n all but a little creepy and pretty in a fake kind or way
Lovelife008

Postby JenR » Wed May 23, 2007 1:32 am

Well I can picture Angie a lot more than Rachel. If i had to choose I'd go with Angie.

Both are wonderful actresses. Angie has a little more edge than Rachel.
I dont really want Angie in the movie either, but i can deal with her.
JenR

Postby Lovelife008 » Wed May 23, 2007 1:36 am

I see...I'm a little scared of her after learning that she wore some blood vial necklace thingy with Billy Bob's blood when they were together.
Plus she's a homewrecker!!!
I think I sound just a little hateful.
Lovelife008

Postby celiana » Wed May 23, 2007 3:12 am

Saw these a while ago but since you guys were talking about them...

Zodiac: Really liked it. Tad bit long but not boring at all. Highly reccomend it.

Half Nelson: I had no idea what to expect from this but I really enjoyed it. Very impressed with Ryan Gosling.
celiana

Postby The Demon's Head » Wed May 23, 2007 3:27 am

JenR wrote:Haha, i rented Russian Dolls (sequel to Spanish Ap.) i never got to finish watching it.

It was nice to see Audrey T. as a Mother. :P

:edit:

"Whoooa" my boyfriend said.

You're new Joker.

That scared me. :?

I really, really dislike that look for The Joker. The design is an abandonment of the source material. The makeup looks as if it was heavily applied and takes away the feautures of The Joker. The image looks nothing like The Joker.
The Demon's Head

Postby JenR » Wed May 23, 2007 3:31 am

I'm not a real Batman fan. Because all he is, is a rich guy who uses his money to be powerful. I can't stand that. :roll:
JenR

Postby Lovelife008 » Wed May 23, 2007 5:09 am

What you guys think about a new hulk coming out?

The one with Eric Bana wasn't that great and now his replacement is Edward Norton. A great actor!
You guys know if its a prequel, sequel, or something?

Oh yeah The Best Time of Our Lives has changed to The Edge of Love
Lovelife008

Postby JenR » Wed May 23, 2007 12:17 pm

EDWARD NORTON?? :?

No no no NO!!!! This will be interesting..

Edward is a good actor, I always thought he was just a sweet face, innocent, man until i saw American History X. :shock:

That man was @#$! in that movie. I didn't think I'd ever see him play a bad guy (i dont watch his movies). I love it.
JenR

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic