The Movie thread

Anything Goes

Postby Jaina » Wed May 23, 2007 3:21 pm

Lovelife008 wrote:
Oh yeah The Best Time of Our Lives has changed to The Edge of Love

Damn. That's one cheesy title. I really liked the former best.
Vivre, on veut tous vivre
Sans se haïr, sans en mourir
Vivre et se parler, se respecter et même s'aimer...
Vivre...

"If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it." - Edward
Jaina

Postby Andrew » Wed May 23, 2007 5:36 pm

Just watched The Illusionist, it was very good but it didn't pay attention to detail as The Prestige did but I still liked it.
Andrew

Postby The Demon's Head » Wed May 23, 2007 7:04 pm

Edward Norton is an impressive choice for the role of Bruce Banner.

However, the film makers will try and use the theme of realism and thus use it as an excuse to deficate all ove the source material. None of the incompetent film makers have hardly stayed true and honor the source material.

Lovelife008 wrote:What you guys think about a new hulk coming out?

The one with Eric Bana wasn't that great and now his replacement is Edward Norton. A great actor!
You guys know if its a prequel, sequel, or something?

Oh yeah The Best Time of Our Lives has changed to The Edge of Love

The Incredible Hulk is a sequel to 2003 film.
The Demon's Head

Postby Betty » Wed May 23, 2007 7:18 pm

I saw "Perfume: the story of a murderer"

I strongly recommend reading the book (of the same title, by Patrick Suskind) before you watch the movie, though. Otherwise you'll spew your popcorn. :P

I loved it, it was excellently adapted from the book, and Ben Whishaw's performance is impeccable. Rachel Hurd-Wood just sits there and looks pretty, but the effect is ruined when she opens her mouth...she was much better flying around in "Peter Pan".

The photography was breath-taking...the images were so clear, it completely transported you. Amazing :)
"Love her, love her, love her! How does she use you?...Love her, love her, love her! If she favours you, love her. If she wounds you, love her. If she tears your heart to pieces - love her."
Betty

Postby JenR » Wed May 23, 2007 7:23 pm

Dana wrote:They must have been able to turn a profit (somehow) on the last Hulk film... which is surprising. I'm pretty sure that David Duchovney's name was attached before Edward Norton's was, and I have to say that I would have found that more entertaining.

Not that I don't like Edward Norton, but... Duchovney as the Hulk? Come on. That would have been awesome.

exactly. Edward's a good actor, but he IS no "Hulk" i dont even want to see him like that.
JenR

Postby JenR » Wed May 23, 2007 7:25 pm

Betty wrote:I saw "Perfume: the story of a murderer"

I strongly recommend reading the book (of the same title, by Patrick Suskind) before you watch the movie, though. Otherwise you'll spew your popcorn. :P

I loved it, it was excellently adapted from the book, and Ben Whishaw's performance is impeccable. Rachel Hurd-Wood just sits there and looks pretty, but the effect is ruined when she opens her mouth...she was much better flying around in "Peter Pan".

The photography was breath-taking...the images were so clear, it completely transported you. Amazing :)

I wanted to see that movie, but ti never came out where i live (shocking).

The movie looked very interesting. the trailer reminded me of (Marry Shelly's) Frankenstein. the movie with De Nior. Like the tanks with the bodies preserving them and such, lol.

:edit:

I so did not mean to post twice.... :?
JenR

Postby arf15beagle » Thu May 24, 2007 3:49 am

JenR wrote:I'm not a real Batman fan. Because all he is, is a rich guy who uses his money to be powerful. I can't stand that. :roll:

That's funny because it's the exact opposite. He's one of the most tortured people in his universe and he deserves to at least be rich since he can't get anything else he wants, which believe me, is not money. Plus, he uses his money to fight crime, not to be powerful. Now, Lex Luthor is a rich ahole. I couldn't identify with Bruce more. But what else is new, he always gets a bad wrap. So misunderstood. He's not just some spoiled rich kid.

And as for Girth Ledger playing Joker, I have mixed feelings about it. The picture is somewhat odd, but not surprising. They are intending to be darker and less "cartoony". They're following Alan Moore's take on Joker, or at least they're supposed to be. Anyway, I just heard that apparently when interviewed, Ledger said he never read any comics, the producers never gave him any comics to study up on except The Killing Joke (proud owner of an original copy btw) and he said, "yeah, uh, I think it's the beginning of the Joker or something..." Take from that what you will.
1+s ju5+ /-\ s1Gn 0f t3h +1m3s
g0i/\/G f0|2w/-\r|) 1n R3\/er5e
sT1LL, H3 \/\/h0 |_aUg|-|s L/-\s+
1s ju5+ A h/-\nD 1n t3h b|_|sH
arf15beagle

Postby JenR » Thu May 24, 2007 3:52 am

ugh, Lex Luthor. My boyfriend loves him... he just shaved his head. :?

i think my favorite comic book 'super natural' hero is probably Spiderman. I'm not that into him, but he's one of the only heroes (that i know of) that was born a normal person whose just trying to fit in, and along the way a freak accident happened to him.

.. i also think his moves are sexy. :oops:
JenR

Postby Dazza » Thu May 24, 2007 11:50 am

Betty wrote:I saw "Perfume: the story of a murderer"

My favourite film of the year so far. Utterly fantastic in every way...well...except for Dustin.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Dazza » Thu May 24, 2007 11:56 am

arf15beagle wrote:And as for Girth Ledger playing Joker, I have mixed feelings about it. The picture is somewhat odd, but not surprising. They are intending to be darker and less "cartoony". They're following Alan Moore's take on Joker, or at least they're supposed to be. Anyway, I just heard that apparently when interviewed, Ledger said he never read any comics, the producers never gave him any comics to study up on except The Killing Joke (proud owner of an original copy btw) and he said, "yeah, uh, I think it's the beginning of the Joker or something..." Take from that what you will.

I love the fact that these new Batman films have at least one foot in reality. Scarecrow was also very different from the comic version (from what I've seen anyway) but I thought he was wonderfully realized in the film.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Thu May 24, 2007 12:44 pm

Dazza wrote:[...]Scarecrow was also very different from the comic version (from what I've seen anyway) but I thought he was wonderfully realized in the film.

Yeah, I could've used more, actually. I didn't really like wost Batman eras, but I dug the move, and what they did with SC was most of it.
Extreme Allah

Postby Betty » Thu May 24, 2007 6:20 pm

Dazza wrote:My favourite film of the year so far. Utterly fantastic in every way...well...except for Dustin.

:lol: Damn, that's precisely what I told my sister...I'll have to watch Rainman or something to get back whatever little respect I had for him that got lost.
"Love her, love her, love her! How does she use you?...Love her, love her, love her! If she favours you, love her. If she wounds you, love her. If she tears your heart to pieces - love her."
Betty

Postby celiana » Thu May 24, 2007 7:46 pm

Volver: I was very impressed with Penelope Cruz.
celiana

Postby Dazza » Thu May 24, 2007 7:50 pm

Dana wrote:The Fountain - For as important as its message appeared to be, and as grief-stricken the character were for the entire film, it had very little emotional impact on me. Which I find disappointing, because I like Aronofsky and was looking forward to this. But it was basically one scene that was stretched out for an hour and a half, taking place in 3 different times with a lot of pretentious imagery.

My favourite film from last year :evil:
Dazza
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic