Who's your new celebrity crush?

Anything Goes

Re: Who's your new celebrity crush?

Postby Carlito Brigante » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:29 pm

I did heard Josh Harnett being called the Charles Bronson of our era on one of those shitty entertainment shows. I don't know why I would mention Charles Bronson of all actors out of the blue, but I simply thought it was an interesting comparison when I heard it. But I'm essentially in agreement. I wouldn't go as far as calling Bronson a movie icon, but I agree Harnett hasn't come remotely close to achieving anything like Death Wish or Valachi Papers. Fuck it. I take it back. I don't even know how the hell I ended up defending that shitty actor.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Dazza wrote:Christ, Shia has more personality in his pinkie than Josh has in his entire body. Hell, I think even Tatum is probably more of a presence on screen. I'll give you Lautner though :D

Channing Tatum makes Hartnett look like Jack Nicholson in terms of charisma. He also looks inbred...he could easily be the gay, beefy new member of Dog the Bounty Hunter's evangelical, racist methploitation squad. He is imo the most inexplicable would-be leading man of them all.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Rachel wrote:I don't get Josh Hartnett or Channing Tatum. I've never been able to find either of them attractive at all. I'm not even going to comment on their acting (does Hartnett even act anymore?).

I understand how people can find Hartnett attractive, and can understand how people with sort of bland personality preferences would be into him. He has no personality, but neither do half the girls I find attractive. But Tatum looks like a Nickleback fan or something. You guys ever hear that rap-metal shit that somehow survived the last decade, but only in the trashiest inlands of SoCal? I picture that plays in the car on his way to Hollywood events, and then he like hurts small animals with weak firecrackers and laughs as a nightcap. I mean, look at his ears. He has Chapman ears.
Extreme Allah

Postby thevoid99 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Plus, at least when Hartnett does dialogue. I can understand what he's saying unlike Tatum who just mumbles every line he does.

When compared to LaBeouf, Hartnett is more believable because he doesn't look or act like some kid. Shia still looks like a kid and a very smug one. Have you seen him in Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps? God, he was awful. He was just excruciating to watch and he looked very awkward in the scenes he had with Michael Douglas. He was mis-cast but that was one of the problems of that movie which is truly one of the worst films I had ever seen.
"I wanna be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal from "Secretary"
thevoid99

Postby quick_wit » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:17 pm

I'd pick Hartnett over Tatum based on looks. As for the acting, I've seen him in Wicker Park and Pearl Harbor and he was okay in it (although I haven't watched him in anything else). On the other hand, I've seen Tatum on GI Joe and he was like a talking chalkboard. There was this one scene where he had to act out some emotion and it was awful. He was shouting something like "she's your sister!" and he has zero facial expression at all and his voice was trying hard to act and the whole time I was like, the director went with this?

Shia does have presence on screen but he seems to reek of douchiness off screen. Lautner? him i don't get. He has a pig snout. He also looks like a Llama. I'm not saying this because I don't like Twilight, I don't really get the hype. There are a lot of Hollywood actors who have abs that are more good looking.
quick_wit

Postby Dazza » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:46 pm

Tatum can muster some good quiet (the key word there) intensity at times. He's got zero charisma but I thought he was pretty badass in the opening of The Eagle. But really, I'd happily toss him, Lautner and Josh into a volcano. Shia on the other hand, I think he's got plenty of talent. But he seems to have a really shit eye for good projects.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Dazza wrote:Shia on the other hand, I think he's got plenty of talent. But he seems to have a really shit eye for good projects.

See, to me, that's almost part of his charm. I feel like he is exactly what he wants to be. I think he loves Transformers and Indiana Jones, and while Even Stevens is the last thing he did that I didn't think was shit (I actually thought Battle of Shaker Heights was good and didn't get the hate tbh), but I just find him to be a happy, likable guy making dumb summer movies, just like he wants to do.

It probably just all comes back to the fact that he is likable, but something about the way he comes off to me seems like that's the case anyway.
Extreme Allah

Postby thevoid99 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:58 pm

And Shia just got his ass kicked in Vancouver. I guess someone wanted their money back for the shit movies he's made.

I remember listening to an interview with Shia on Filmspotting. Man, that was one of the worst interviews I've heard because the smugness of his voice was just so evident that I could barely sit through it. It was terrible.

I do think he has talent. I liked him in The Greatest Game Ever Played but he hasn't done enough for me to really say, "oh, this guy is good".
thevoid99

Postby TwigV2 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:43 pm

When he was getting beat up do you think he yelled out "BEE!"
"And the Oscar goes to...Natalie Portman"
TwigV2

Postby Carlotto » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:53 pm

Carlotto

Postby Dazza » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Cute as a button. Who is she?
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Carlotto » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:54 pm

It’s Sunny from kpop band SNSD (Girl’s generation). I’m not into kpop at all, but playing and watching StarCraft II, I am pretty much plunged into korean culture everyday. Apparently it is a wig, she did not cut her hair and that’s a shame, but it’s still fucking hot.

She’s like that in the clip for The Boys if someone wants to see more and in motion <3
Carlotto

Postby grassroots » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:18 am

Anybody into Sara Paxton? I guess most of you guys would dislike her but I find her very cute. And she likes video games.
grassroots

Postby Dazza » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:37 am

Sara's great. She's like Alexis Bledel's doppelganger.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby thevoid99 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Dazza wrote:Sara's great. She's like Alexis Bledel's doppelganger.

I agree with that. She kinda has that Alexis Bledel cute-eyes look.

BTW, is it me or is everyone tired of Zooey Deschanel?
thevoid99

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic