Fav. Quotes

Anything Goes

Postby Tjalan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:14 am

I'm a Manchester United fan, but some of the best quotes in the world has come from an old Liverpool manager called Bill Shankly. I'm just copy+pasting all of this shit from Wikipedia, by the way.

"Someone said 'football is more important than life and death to you' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that'."

When Liverpool player Tommy Smith once consulted Shankly to tell him he couldn't play next week, due to his injured knee, Shankly replied: "Take that poof bandage off, and what do you mean Your knee, it's Liverpool's knee!"

For many years, legend had it that Shankly had taken his wife to a Rochdale game as a Wedding Anniversary treat. Eventually someone plucked up the courage to ask Bill if it were true. Naturally, the great man denied it venomously "Of course I didn't take my wife to see Rochdale as an anniversary present, it was her birthday. Would I have got married in the football season? Anyway, it was Rochdale reserves."

EDIT: Oh, and I could basically just post all the Rage Against the Machine lyrics here because they all kick ass.
Martin Kayongo-Mutumba is back! Wooh!
Tjalan

Previous

Return to Off-Topic