The Whiney Thread

Anything Goes

Re: The Whiney Thread

Postby Extreme Allah » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:12 am

Sounds like a pretty workable thesis statement could be pulled from that then.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:10 am

I'll bet there are 400-page books on the subject.
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:12 am

Someone with a communications degree wrote.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:21 pm

But...but...white Christmas!
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Dazza » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:23 pm

Meanwhile on the other side of the world, I'm in my underwear and still sweating like crazy. Sleeping tonight is not going to be fun. Could be worse, I could be a husky :-P
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby quick_wit » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:51 am

freeloading relatives...urghh
quick_wit

Postby Carlito Brigante » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:19 am

I think I suffer from an extreme boredom condition. No matter how much fun a have, at the end of the day I'm still bored. Everybody loves The Simpsons. I fall asleep watching The Simpsons. Everybody loves ketchup. I hate fucking ketchup. Everybody loves chocolate ice cream. Chocolate ice cream is the most fucking boring ice cream ever invented. I even go to a bar, I find a couch and I go to sleep. Dancing? I mean why the hell do people even want to spin around and jump around. It's all so freaking dumb.

Fuck, I haven't been in Las Vegas in two years and it's driving me crazy.
Carlito Brigante

Postby Axwell » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Ugh checked np.com 5 times today and nothing new :x
Axwell

Postby Extreme Allah » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:52 pm

Carlito Brigante wrote:Dancing? I mean why the hell do people even want to spin around and jump around. It's all so freaking dumb.

It's really fun on drugs. Otherwise, it's a meh precursor to sex. Sex is stupid too. Enjoying stuff is called being a human, not enjoying stuff is a diagnosable condition that can be treated with drugs.
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Dazza wrote:Meanwhile on the other side of the world, I'm in my underwear and still sweating like crazy. Sleeping tonight is not going to be fun. Could be worse, I could be a husky :-P

When I first started posting here, my AC didn't work, in ATL. I remember being up in the middle of the night talking to people from here, sweaty and nearly nude. It's funny looking back at how awesome I found myself, as a poor nerd, naked, sweatily talking to strangers on a celebrity forum.

Not that I'm dressed now.
Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:43 am

Saw a low cost Fender Squire, immediately regretted that I bought that cheap Strat copy. On the other hand, I saw a Tokai Telecaster, which I read somewhere that its a good copy, still can't afford it though.
quick_wit

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:20 am

quick_wit wrote:Saw a low cost Fender Squire, immediately regretted that I bought that cheap Strat copy. On the other hand, I saw a Tokai Telecaster, which I read somewhere that its a good copy, still can't afford it though.

I have no clue how good or bad your strat is, but certainly don't romanticize the Squier. They make some great guitars (Vintage Modified, Classic Vibe) and are some of the best value at the low end (Bullet for $100 is the bones upon which one of my favorite guitars was assembled), but a there is a lot of competition out there and a lot of their range is not really the best option in its category. As long as the neck isn't messed up (bad fret work, warping, shitty or missing truss rod), you are probably fine. A Bullet doesn't really offer any more than that, I just love it because that's about all I ask out of a cheap strat.
Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:09 am

I see. I don't really know how to differentiate between a good and bad Strat. All I know is mine sounds fine and the fret board looks good. I've been complaining about my practice amp and it just dawned on me that I was using distortion, when what I really wanted is an overdrive.
quick_wit

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:06 am

quick_wit wrote:I see. I don't really know how to differentiate between a good and bad Strat. All I know is mine sounds fine and the fret board looks good. I've been complaining about my practice amp and it just dawned on me that I was using distortion, when what I really wanted is an overdrive.

Yeah. Technically, overdrive is supposed to be more of an actual tube amp distortion, whereas "distortion" is supposed to be more of like a sound added, almost like fuzz, I think. But everything is so digital on a solid state amp that it's more about the intention. And for a normal rock sound, "overdrive" is going to be designed to sound more like I think you want.

If you get a modeling amp, it will have a lot of cool sounds built in on presets, which is nice for fooling around if you don't have the experience to dial in a sound easily.
Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:14 am

I'm broke again. I bought a single gas burner and it turns out you have to pay for the LPG tank apart from the gas. When I finally got it I almost had a nervous breakdown because I can't put the regulator properly and the damn thing kept leaking when I turn it on. Good thing the delivery guy was kind enough to install it for me (I had to go back to the store). I missed lunch by 3 hours when I finally got everything done. Its been 3 days and my body still feels like it had to compensate for that missed lunch. I think I'm having rice withdrawals.

Sucks to be poor.
quick_wit

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic